[Recovery ROM] 8gb and 16gb Versions [CWM Backup][Unregistered B&N store][6/1/12]

Search This thread

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
I'm fairly certain some people see "rom" in the title with a zip file attached and just assume they can flash in recovery. I really don't get how people can tinker with their device worth a couple hundred dollars without soaking up every piece of information that's available first.

At any rate, thanks for doing what you do. I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the number of people not reading the below instuctions, I am putting this annoyingly large font right here.
    NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP. MUST EXTRACT Clockworkmod Folder to SD and recovery from CWM. Watch the video...

I pay to host these files. Donations are greatly appreciated if these have helped you.

This is a Backup Image of a stock BN NOOK Tablet after just flashing NT16or8gbV4.6 Root to it.

Demo of 8gb use of this hack! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HC9XL_9aXk

Do not Mirror files.

16gb 1.4.0(NT250)Download Rom file:CWMrestore_1_4_0_ plus NTV16gbV4_6
    MD5 Sums: Soon

8gb 1.4.2(NT250A)Download Rom file:CWMrestore_1_4_2_plus NTV8gbv4_6
    MD5 Sums: Soon

Apps included in Root Process:
    1. ADW
    2. Amazon Appstore
    3. Anycut
    4. Home Manager
    5. ES File Explorer
    6. Spare parts
    7. Homecatcher
    8. NT Hidden Settings app
    9. Titanium backup
    10. Custom Keyboard
    11. Live wallpaper
    12. 3d Gallery
    13. Nook Recovery Flasher
    14. Nook Unrooter

This ROM can Also be used to easily restore back to FACTORY STOCK
    How:
    1. Extract Clockworkmod folder from zip file to root directory of SD card
    2. Boot into CWM
    3. Flash Rom w/ CWM Recovery
    4. Use recovery flasher to flash stock recovery (16gb ONLY, skip this step for 8gb)
    5. Run Unrooter
    6. Bam!= Factory stock

This ROM can also be used to restore from a bootloop or bricked device
    1. Use Root SD card to boot into CWM from SD Card
    2. Flash Recovery
    3. Bam!= Stock +NT16or8gbV4.6 Root

Video Demonstration- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfOswBrXIg

Video on how to restore to stock from CM7 using this file: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mMj67tgGlew

Donate ;P and hit thanks ;)
    new 8gb rom recovery on OP
    no i didnt because before a couple of days ago i couldn't get into cwm at all, even sd version. for some reason it never worked even though i could boot everything else(cm7 and mehgr00ts cyanoboot recovery) from sd. and by the time i could get into cwm my 8gb nt was already borked. so grrrrrrrr. hahaha. just trying to get my nook back to stock with root.

oh ok well in the link i gave you you can find @meghd00t's new cwm recovery that you can boot from sdcard alone and i have dropped instructions in the .zip on how to flash it to sdcard too so check that out and try to restore your system to out-of-the-box.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24164043&postcount=1

~ Veronica
    this is a recovery rom, you must unpack the clockwork mod folder to your sd card. so when you swap them, you should go to restore and restore an image from the sd. See the video on how i demonstrate this in the first post. Even though I dont swap cards, the concept is the same. So you have to download the zip, unzip it, copy clockwork mod folder to sd card and that is your restore image. use one sd to boot to CWM, then swap immediately, then chose restore and then restore this image.
    ok, so this is why we tell people not to install CWM internally on the 8gb nook tablet. because the NT recovery flasher only has the 16gb stock recovery in it when you revert to stock... so you have an 8gb NT with a 16gb NT recovery. This is why unrooter will not work. However, you should still be able to boot to SD card and use the CM7 SD ROM card without issue.