Yet Another Bricked DNA Thread

Search This thread
G

griffinhaskins17

So this morning I start playing music on my phone as I'm getting ready to take a shower (shower off at this time) and then the music stops - of course, the phone doesn't respond to the power button. So, I've tried recalibrating the charging circuit and booting into hboot, but with no luck. The charging lights do not turn on and the capacitive lights do not flash when holding the power (or any other additional combination of) button. I'm going to leave it on a charger for a day or so and see if I can get anywhere then. In the meantime, is there anything else you can advise me to try? I've read that disconnecting the battery for a few moments might do something, so I think that'll be my next step if keeping it on the charger doesn't result in anything.

Any advice is welcome, of course.

Cheers,
Griffin

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Yeah so far the only thing I have seen with people who have had the same problem were disconnecting the battery. Or most people just get a replacement.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

griffinhaskins17

So I disassembled it and pulled the battery for about ten minutes and reconnected it - to no avail. Is there a way I can test the battery? I have access to a multimeter, but I'm not entirely sure where to make contact on the battery's connector. I'm going to leave the battery disconnected for several hours and see what I can do then.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
I seen in another thread like this about calibrating the battery but I can't find it.

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
to calibrate battery turn phone off and plug device into outlet press and hold power volume up and down at the same time until device poowers one or two minutes has passed if two minutes has passed call htc or asurion and replace it

thayl0

May 26, 2013
So I disassembled it and pulled the battery for about ten minutes and reconnected it - to no avail. Is there a way I can test the battery? I have access to a multimeter, but I'm not entirely sure where to make contact on the battery's connector. I'm going to leave the battery disconnected for several hours and see what I can do then.

Ya I think I seen this guy say it in another thread. Thanks dude

G

griffinhaskins17

Welp, battery disconnected for ~24 hours and then attempted recalibration - nothing. I think I've got a bad component somewhere in there. I'm going to take up Best Buy's blue HTC One for $30 on Black Friday, but I'm definitely going to see if I can find out what's wrong with this thing, this hardware is not going to waste!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

schott12521

Nov 14, 2012
Maryland
The same thing happened to me, I used my warranty and luckily I had 2 days left. I think we should start to really look into this problem, because I see it popping up more and more, and it is kind of **** that one year after this phone came out and everyone phone is bricking with no easy solution.

Were you rooted/rommed and what rom?

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Rooted n ROM has nothing to do with it charging

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Anyone hook up a volt meter to these bricked phones? It might be a bad batch of batteries, or they just give out after a year of heavy to medium use. Anyone try a replacement battery? I am just hoping this phone doesn't randomly give out like this, but the trend seems to show sooner or later they just brick themselves.

Sent from my dlx using xda app-developers app

G

griffinhaskins17

Anyone hook up a volt meter to these bricked phones? It might be a bad batch of batteries, or they just give out after a year of heavy to medium use. Anyone try a replacement battery? I am just hoping this phone doesn't randomly give out like this, but the trend seems to show sooner or later they just brick themselves.

Sent from my dlx using xda app-developers app

I'll probably take a meter to it today if I get a moment. I'll report back results.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Why don't u just buy a new battary

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Hate to necro a thread, but we're always asked to search, so..

Did you ever get this resolved, OP? Mine literally just did the same thing. I was watching a YouTube video and it died in my hands. Full battery, had just taken it off the charger like 30 minutes prior. Absolutely no activity, no lights, no flashing, nothing. Get nothing when attaching it to the computer, too.

I'm really hesitant about getting a replacement because I don't want to be somewhere where I NEED the phone and have this happen. I guess I'll get a replacement and sell it for another phone. Damn.

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Disconnect it from the charger for an hour, then connect it to a charger and wait a half hour to see if the charging light comes on and then turn it on.

Tried it. I tried everything I can think of. I'm getting a replacement from Verizon and selling it for the Moto X. No way am I gonna risk this happening again.

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
This looks like some soft if hardware failure but no one has been able to tell exactly what happens. Sorry to hear this happen to you.

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
This looks like some soft if hardware failure but no one has been able to tell exactly what happens. Sorry to hear this happen to you.

It happens so suddenly. The phone has been flawless since I got it. The only thing I can think of that was weird was a hard reset last week, but I just chalked that up to CM nightly issues. Oh well.