Screen causing dizziness, eye-strain, etc.?

Search This thread

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
I've never experienced a SAMOLED display and I love it but since day 1 of having the GS5 if I look at the screen even just for a few minutes my eyes hurt and I am always feeling dizzy with a pressure feeling behind my eyes and occasional headaches. I'm constantly adjusting the brightness to try and help but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. If the display is below 40(ish)% brightness I can see flickering and it seems to strain my eyes worse. Walking around I feel very lightheaded pretty much all day off and on. It's pretty severe and I don't know if I should return the phone or not. Its truly affecting my life and I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing any similar symptoms or if it's just in my head, but I haven't been able to function normally since getting this phone (as crazy as it sounds). I only have a day or 2 left to return the phone and I need to make up my mind before it's too late. If it's not the phone causing the problems then it's odd that this has all started right around when I got the phone. I have been using 'Cinema' mode to try and help as well. Thanks for any info/advice.

Last edited:

bryanu

Dec 1, 2010
I've never experienced a SAMOLED display and I love it but since day 1 of having the GS5 if I look at the screen even just for a few minutes my eyes hurt and I am always feeling dizzy with a pressure feeling behind my eyes and occasional headaches. I'm constantly adjusting the brightness to try and help but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. If the display is below 40(ish)% brightness I can see flickering and it seems to strain my eyes worse. Walking around I feel very lightheaded pretty much all day off and on. It's pretty severe and I don't know if I should return the phone or not. Its truly affecting my life and I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing any similar symptoms or if it's just in my head, but I haven't been able to function normally since getting this phone (as crazy as it sounds). I only have a day or 2 left to return the phone and I need to make up my mind before it's too late. If it's not the phone causing the problems then it's odd that this has all started right around when I got the phone. I have been using 'Cinema' mode to try and help as well. Thanks for any info/advice.

Go to a store and look at a demo one and see if you see the same.

It's possible your phone is defective.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010

do you usually get headaches from watching 3d movies, etc?