G3 Ports For G Pro {Thread]

Search This thread

asl9622

Jan 2, 2011
Thanks.. :) But the problem is, i flashed the rom, but the lg keyboard didn't wanna work for me, so i ported some apps i was able to grab quickly as i can....

Great that you were able to do this work. However what I meant was people had already pulled the apps that you could just install. I didn't flash a ROM. I just downloaded the apks.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dante_67

Jan 6, 2011
i9100
LG Optimus G Pro
Great that you were able to do this work. However what I meant was people had already pulled the apps that you could just install. I didn't flash a ROM. I just downloaded the apks.

I was about to say the same, that a consolidated link of the apps may please be uploaded, so any one can have his fill,

Logic717

Mar 18, 2009
Atlanta
Hey All,

I'm looking for just the contacts and phone UI apks, can anyone point me to those and the process to install them? I tried the G3 backup but Lightflow just will not work correctly, and I much prefer the notification flexibility that lightflow brings on the stock E980 rom.

I don't really care about the splitview and multitasking, i just like the dialer and contacts list.

Thanks!

-Logic

asl9622

Jan 2, 2011
Hey All,

I'm looking for just the contacts and phone UI apks, can anyone point me to those and the process to install them? I tried the G3 backup but Lightflow just will not work correctly, and I much prefer the notification flexibility that lightflow brings on the stock E980 rom.

I don't really care about the splitview and multitasking, i just like the dialer and contacts list.

Thanks!

-Logic

Go to this thread of cloudy and download the ROM. You can pull from system/priv app. I have the contacts apk but don't know how to add to forum. You may also be able to find by searching the link mervingo posted in first page. That thread has everything you need.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783192

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Hey All,

Thanks!

-Logic

Finally found the link. Thank the guys or girls who posted these apks.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=

Reactions: mk3 and Logic717

Logic717

Mar 18, 2009
Atlanta
Go to this thread of cloudy and download the ROM. You can pull from system/priv app. I have the contacts apk but don't know how to add to forum. You may also be able to find by searching the link mervingo posted in first page. That thread has everything you need.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

I tried exactly this and still was not able to get the contacts and dialer to work properly. I tried the incallui and teleservice apks and set permission to 644 on all files. The dialer came up but I had no cell service. No way to update the call settings or apn as it caused that menu option to force close settings. But yeah that rom was the only one that had the apk and odex files. I can tell you the file list I tried to copy to app priv.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

asl9622

Jan 2, 2011
I tried exactly this and still was not able to get the contacts and dialer to work properly. I tried the incallui and teleservice apks and set permission to 644 on all files. The dialer came up but I had no cell service. No way to update the call settings or apn as it caused that menu option to force close settings. But yeah that rom was the only one that had the apk and odex files. I can tell you the file list I tried to copy to app priv.

Did you remove all original contacts apks and odex then reboot the phone? Then install and try.

Logic717

Mar 18, 2009
Atlanta
This is a screens hot of all the files I deleted. The contacts files were all deleted and the incallui and teleservice were overwritten. I then replaced the G3 files and rebooted. So are you saying delete the files, reboot and then move the g3 files?

I didn't have an issue with the g3 contacts files, it was the called and teleservice files that I think caused my issues
yrume8ab.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

8u9a4ega.jpg

These were the g3 files I used.

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
This is a screens hot of all the files I deleted. The contacts files were all deleted and the incallui and teleservice were overwritten. I then replaced the G3 files and rebooted. So are you saying delete the files, reboot and then move the g3 files?

I didn't have an issue with the g3 contacts files, it was the called and teleservice files that I think caused my issues
yrume8ab.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

8u9a4ega.jpg

Hi there mate. To make the dialer and contacts work, you need to locate first contactsbin.apk on system/priv-app, Then, in order to back up apps (in case something goes wrong), DON'T DELETE just rename the files.You may opt to use root explorer or es explorer. So here it goes:

1.Locate contactsbin.apk on system/priv-app
2.Rename it (In my case, i renamed it as "contactsbin(old).apk)
3. Then obtain LGContacts.apk from CloudyG3's rom
4.Copy LGContacts.apk to system/priv-app
5.Set permissions to r-w-rr, 0644, then reboot :)

Reactions: Logic717

Logic717

Mar 18, 2009
Atlanta
Hi there mate. To make the dialer and contacts work, you need to locate first contactsbin.apk on system/priv-app, Then, in order to back up apps (in case something goes wrong), DON'T DELETE just rename the files.You may opt to use root explorer or es explorer. So here it goes:

FINALLY got it to work by renaming the G3 apk as the same name as the old file. I did the contacts apk and the odex file. So end result is renaming the old files to_old at the end and then moving the g3 files and naming them contactsbin.apk and contactsbin.odex and that works. Set permissions to 644 as well.

asl9622

Jan 2, 2011
FINALLY got it to work by renaming the G3 apk as the same name as the old file. I did the contacts apk and the odex file. So end result is renaming the old files to_old at the end and then moving the g3 files and naming them contactsbin.apk and contactsbin.odex and that works. Set permissions to 644 as well.

Glad to hear it worked for you.

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
Actually in my experience there was no ned to modify the .odex files, the apks will do. I got the ff to work on my E988, Stock Kitkat v20c, using cloudyfa's rom files

:
Lockscreensettings (Except for knock code, was getting pin input screen)
LGQMemoPlus
LGPhotoAlbumWidget
LGVIdeos
DictX9-LGIMEDictx9
-FlashlightWidget
-FM Radio (won't play sound though, guess coz it has no hardware support)
-SpringCleaning
-LGTextlink
-LGTextlinkAgent
-LGTextlinkEngine
LGAlarmClock
LGBAckup
-LGCalculator
LGCalendar
LGContacts
LGFavoriteContactsWidget
LGFileManager
LGGallery
LGDownloadProviderUI-
LiveWallpapersPicker
LW_Multiphoto
LGMessage
LGMusic
LGMyWellness
LGMusicWidget
QTranslator
Tasks
LGMessage
VidClip
VideoEditor
Videowiz
LGVoicerecorder
Wallpapercropper
LGPRivacyLock
Splitwindow
PolarisViewer5
LGHome (did not like it though)
Also obtained a g3 theme with a g3 theme accuweather

Multidex24

Apr 4, 2013
Greensboro
Actually in my experience there was no ned to modify the .odex files, the apks will do. I got the ff to work on my E988, Stock Kitkat v20c, using cloudyfa's rom files

:
Lockscreensettings (Except for knock code, was getting pin input screen)
LGQMemoPlus
LGPhotoAlbumWidget
LGVIdeos
DictX9-LGIMEDictx9
-FlashlightWidget
-FM Radio (won't play sound though, guess coz it has no hardware support)
-SpringCleaning
-LGTextlink
-LGTextlinkAgent
-LGTextlinkEngine
LGAlarmClock
LGBAckup
-LGCalculator
LGCalendar
LGContacts
LGFavoriteContactsWidget
LGFileManager
LGGallery
LGDownloadProviderUI-
LiveWallpapersPicker
LW_Multiphoto
LGMessage
LGMusic
LGMyWellness
LGMusicWidget
QTranslator
Tasks
LGMessage
VidClip
VideoEditor
Videowiz
LGVoicerecorder
Wallpapercropper
LGPRivacyLock
Splitwindow
PolarisViewer5
LGHome (did not like it though)
Also obtained a g3 theme with a g3 theme accuweather

How did you get the g3 theme accuweather and lg wellness to work? lol i really want them :D

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City

Multidex24

Apr 4, 2013
Greensboro
Download LGMultihomeTheme_G3 v1.3 apk here: https://mega.co.nz/#!79ZEVa4b!D5awF2TI96ddhhQG6uuJnhBXhW4wS-mtUuBMeYtU86o Then install it as a regular apk install

For LG MyWellness, Here is the apk courtesy of CloudyG3's 1.2 rom. Then copy the apk to system/priv-app, then set permissions to rw-r-r (0644), then reboot

Thx :) but when i download and install the theme on the phone, it deletes the original home i had, and i was using the g3 theme on my e980

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well... I know i be the one asking for help ALOT lol.. But IG I Be the 1 thats helping... :) lol Im Kinda New To All this Actually

So I Found Alot of Apps From the G3 ( & Also from CloudyG3 Rom) that Can Hopefully Able to be Ported Over For The G Pro.... Such As:

*Calculator
    *Email

*Contacts/Phone (More files Was Ported To Get Rid of FC's.. Now Works Like A Charm :) )
    *File Manager
    *Gallery
    *Clock
    *Task

* I also Founded And Ported G3's *Music w/ Widget & Video App* And Was Successful & Works Perfectly :D
    *Just Ported G3's little Flashlight Widget lol
    *Message App... It Works But It FC's Everytime I Open it, But i still get notification n etc from it...
    *G3 Lockscreen.... Thats An A++ :D

And Now I'm Starting To Port G Pro 2 Apps Aswell... :) I Founded Pro 2's *Memo* Works Perfectly
    Im about to find some more....

But If Anyone Who is Able To port More apps from the G3 or anywhere else.... Let me know :) *Uploading Pics Later *
    Hey All,

Thanks!

-Logic

Hey All,

Thanks!

-Logic

Nice g3 theme ive used it before

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
    Not only a theme [emoji57]

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54229644
    I Agree

Just got this phone a few days ago i had the g2 but gave it to my son. I upgraded to g pro but im disappointed about the lack of roms and kernels. I would love to see a g3 rom but it seems like nobodys developing for this phone. Yes theres cm11 and a few other roms. Love this phone though i might switch back to g2

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

I Agree, I Would love to see more things happen for the G Pro, And This is my 1st Big phone, I Had A S4 b4 this.. But It didn't work out well like i thought it would be with the s4.. And I Had a Upgrade, and Bought the G Pro.. I Really wanted the S5 or G3.. But I Didn't Had Enough... But eitherway... The G Pro Works really well then i expected... had some lag now and then but not really a problem.. But Really, just wait a lil while, because ppl is just starting to work on getting the G3 Rom Ports for the G Pro.. To Me? Since I'm New To All this.. I'm Starting to help myself and other ppl by Porting Apps 1 by 1, From Both G Pro 2 And G3... lol just be patient :)

yrume8ab.jpg

8u9a4ega.jpg