Sense 5

Search This thread

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
DNA WILL get HTC Sense 5 officially. Question is when. After this supposed M7 verizon version. Footballer has spoken, so it shall be.

If I'm not mistaken, some1 on XDA has access to Sense 5 on the DNA already?

(BTW, when I say Sense 5, I mean sans Blinkfeed).

strip419

Jul 18, 2012
THIS PLANET
So you say it might take time but surely come (two yrs maybe). By this tym android 5 or 6 will be out and sense 8 maybe out also. Now tell me how useful an update will be when it 2 yrs behind. The HTC one launch with Android 4.1.2 (a silly mistake by HTC) and we will not see an update till after some 6 months. All in All the DNA might eventually get sense 5 but it won't matter cos sense 5 it self wil be out if date. Just motivate the devs around here to get u sense 5(with all the bugs in the world that u will gladly discuss in dev thraeds). If Android phones were getting updates like Ios devices then a lot of people will still own the G1 now, remember to these OEMs its all about selling most, so keeping users on old devices with timely updates is not the best for them. If u want sense 5 be a good husband and give the DNA to Ur wife( its sexy and u will get super laid:p) and save up 200$ for the DNA+ or HTC one, its better than waiting.

I get really excited when an OEM talks about update, but not when Verizon is around

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

nrage23

So you say it might take time but surely come (two yrs maybe). By this tym android 5 or 6 will be out and sense 8 maybe out also. Now tell me how useful an update will be when it 2 yrs behind. The HTC one launch with Android 4.1.2 (a silly mistake by HTC) and we will not see an update till after some 6 months. All in All the DNA might eventually get sense 5 but it won't matter cos sense 5 it self wil be out if date. Just motivate the devs around here to get u sense 5(with all the bugs in the world that u will gladly discuss in dev thraeds). If Android phones were getting updates like Ios devices then a lot of people will still own the G1 now, remember to these OEMs its all about selling most, so keeping users on old devices with timely updates is not the best for them. If u want sense 5 be a good husband and give the DNA to Ur wife( its sexy and u will get super laid:p) and save up 200$ for the DNA+ or HTC one, its better than waiting.

I get really excited when an OEM talks about update, but not when Verizon is around

What? Trying to read this gave a headache.

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
I don't think most of the people in this thread realize that at least one dev in the DNA forums has a DNA with sense 5 on it, and claims it works perfectly. This was posted quite a while ago, and he said he couldn't leak anything at the time because the new UI and phone were not even announced yet. I believe it was Mdeejay (forgive me if typed incorrectly) as he tweeted the pics of sense 5 on his DNA as well...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
This phone will get sense5 regardless if its an ota or a dev ports it either way it will have sense5

My opinion: ota wise..
HTC and Verizon will not just ignore the DNA if they do update it to sense5
Its htc's own flagship device,yes the htc one was just announced but the dna
Is still htc's flagship device so i highly doubt that they will not update it.the only way
Forsure that they will not update it is if sense5 becomes a big flop and htc deciedes to
Skip sense5 and build another one..example sense 3.5 was a huge flop nobody liked it
Only came out in one device so htc skipped that and went on to sense 3.6.so weather it takes
Awhile or not I'm sure HTC and Verizon will update the DNA sooner or later

My opinion: port wise..
If HTC and Verizon do decide to not update the DNA to sense5 in the long run
A dev will port it to this device
Remember when the HTC Thunderbolt was their flagship device 2 years ago? Officially it only got an update very recently. Luckily devs were able to bring us the latest version of Sense and even ICS way ahead of time, keeping the device fresh.

I don't have any confidence that we'll see an update any time soon. Verizon is notorious for taking absolutely forever to push updates. What I am hopeful about is the similarly in hardware between the DNA and HTC's other flagship phones (One). Hopefully porting will be a relatively straight-forward procedure and we'll see Sense 5 ROMs popping up soon after it's released (or maybe even before).

Key Lime Pie on the other hand we'll probably never see with these phones, let alone an official 4.2 release...

Last edited:

cold21blooded

Jan 16, 2009
cleveland
We will be getting sense 5.. I work for best buy mobile and my htc rep said he has seen it on a DNA but when it gets pushed to the phone it will probably not have blinkfeed so people aren't shocked by the complete change.. He said it was smooth and and liked it better then 4+ for the little bit of time he got to play with it

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
We will be getting sense 5.. I work for best buy mobile and my htc rep said he has seen it on a DNA but when it gets pushed to the phone it will probably not have blinkfeed so people aren't shocked by the complete change.. He said it was smooth and and liked it better then 4+ for the little bit of time he got to play with it

No blinkfeed. Darn but we will probably have a full sense 5 port viperized as well by then anyway.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

MsEvyLynch

Jan 25, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What? Trying to read this gave a headache.
    LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) tweeted at 11:32 AM on Mon, Feb 25, 2013:
    Good news for Droid DNA (DLX_WL) users, HTC is gonna release Sense 5.0 in next few months :) Nothing new about other devices yet...

Its coming alright.

Husker_DNA
    Apparently there is someone working on it already but I have seen very little on it. I think that when the HTC One comes out we will see a bunch of ports to our phone over the following weeks but until then we probably won't be seeing it.
    Good call on the avatar, Dont be an a**hole though

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm confused... I like it. Used to love that Rom. Ooookay.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk HD