[Q&A] eZKAT 4.4.2 ROM

Search This thread

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
First is THANK YOU eZ for making this happen for all of us. This ROM is rock solid and it rocks!! Great job.

However I am having issues with my AT&T network. The stock APN is constantly stuck at 3G & 4G ONLY and drops internet or total connectivity (w/ LTE/WCDMA/GSM enabled). I 've tried adding and selecting the APN:
" Settings/Connections/More networks/Mobile networks/Access Point Names
Click what ever there, and change it to:
"Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: internet+mms
Leave all other options blank!"

But it bounces back to stock default.

y6urubep.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

1976Nano

May 16, 2014
Hi im from mexico and actually i have installed your great rom eZKAT, long ago tried to install DN3 ROM did not work, had then had the stock 4.2.2 rom with root, Can I install the DN3 from EzKat?

In advance I apologize if I my question should not having done so in this thread.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Hi im from mexico and actually i have installed your great rom eZKAT, long ago tried to install DN3 ROM did not work, had then had the stock 4.2.2 rom with root, Can I install the DN3 from EzKat?

In advance I apologize if I my question should not having done so in this thread.

Yes...you'll be good...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

First is THANK YOU eZ for making this happen for all of us. This ROM is rock solid and it rocks!! Great job.

However I am having issues with my AT&T network. The stock APN is constantly stuck at 3G & 4G ONLY and drops internet or total connectivity (w/ LTE/WCDMA/GSM enabled). I 've tried adding and selecting the APN:

y6urubep.jpg

ATT Phone ...is the correct default APN..
Check your baseband...
It should be UCUBMK6...

Additionally ...the APN settings you listed above do not match the correct ATT APN...

Let it default...and check your baseband...g

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
I just flashed this last night. Works great, howeverit doesnt have themes. Im thinking about trying a 4.3 rom. My question is is there anything i should watch out for when switching from kitkat to jb and later possibly switching back.
Another question is is s pen enabled on this rom ? I cant find the icon to enable handwriting
Edit : im not able to enable handwriting, cant find the icon on the keyboard to enable it
Edit 2: the only way I can manage to switch to handwriting mode is to take out the s pen. Is the handwrite mode icon on the keyboard somewhere ? Also after I write a word it doesnt seem to enter into the texts, the writing pad just simply move to the right to show more writing room
Please some help, never had a samsung before not really familar with everything

Last edited:

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
I just flashed this last night. Works great, howeverit doesnt have themes. Im thinking about trying a 4.3 rom. My question is is there anything i should watch out for when switching from kitkat to jb and later possibly switching back.
Another question is is s pen enabled on this rom ? I cant find the icon to enable handwriting
Edit : im not able to enable handwriting, cant find the icon on the keyboard to enable it
Edit 2: the only way I can manage to switch to handwriting mode is to take out the s pen. Is the handwrite mode icon on the keyboard somewhere ? Also after I write a word it doesnt seem to enter into the texts, the writing pad just simply move to the right to show more writing room
Please some help, never had a samsung before not really familar with everything

You have to DL the language in keyboard settings

Sent from my NoteII

Reactions: optimusv45

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
Thank man but can you be more specific ? What is DL ?
Edit: I figured it out! DL means download ! It's working like it should! Thanks!

Last edited:

snowin

May 7, 2013
Just some feedback on my experience and installation:

Came from DN3 (I believe I'm on the MK5 N7105 kernel from the DN3 post)
-Did a clean (install new ROM) wipe using latest Philz
-Wipe Dalvik
-Flashed ROM
-Flashed SuperSU

-Booted fine with no problems other than no root

rebooted to recovery (Philz still) and re-flashed SuperSU

-booted fine again but no root

rebooted into recovery and used Philz fix root option

-booted again fine with root.

All told took less than 10 minutes as has been running fine since then (5 days). Super stable, fast and slick so thanks and good work eZ!

Hardware is a i317m on the Koodo network in Canada.

Only problem - no LTE icon, but I do get 4G which I understand is the same thing.

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
Thanks man. I traded my note2 for a S4. Now I'm learning all these stuff about MF3 and safetrap, seems complicated haha he is open to trading back and I'm thinking about coming back to note2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feel free to post any questions here. I will do my best to help.

-eZ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes...you'll be good...g

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

y6urubep.jpg

ATT Phone ...is the correct default APN..
    Check your baseband...
    It should be UCUBMK6...

Additionally ...the APN settings you listed above do not match the correct ATT APN...

Let it default...and check your baseband...g

Hi, any thoughts on what could be keeping my WiFi from turning on. I'm on an AT&T i317. When I touch the toggle button it looks like it's going to turn on, but then turns off right away.

Thanks.

Either flash new bootloader or agni kernel for Wifi to work

This may be a dumb question, but does this ROM have Air Command? Thanks.

No..but myself, @sawdoctor and @Bajanman are working with the Eteam currently to update dn3 to kit kat. So that will have air command. Keep an eye on that thread.

Sent from my NoteII
    Thanks for this. Two questions, will MJ4 bootloader work for this? and is Google Wallet tap and pay working?

Yes Mj4 is fine. And I am not sure about tap and pay. I never use it sorry

Sent from my NoteII