Rooting SGS4

Search This thread

avadis99

Dec 19, 2012
Yerevan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am really confused as always I used to find the thread for rooting my SGS4 but with the new firmware upgrade (Russia region), I can not find how to root it, and I am not upgrading it as it is important for me. Specification I am attaching (from similar updraded phone already) .
it should be PDA: I9500XXUFNF4CSC: I9500SERFNE3 MODEM: I9500XXUFNA6 (I can only find with PDA I9500XXUFNB4 in this site).
I would certainly appreciate your guidance in this matter, as only after being sure I had the needed .tar and odin, as I always root it with ODIN being the simplest and safest way, I always upgrade via KIES.
I was directed to post here.
Thank You in advance

Attachments

• 10565967_929359840423893_1026310752_n.jpg
    10565967_929359840423893_1026310752_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

avadis99

Dec 19, 2012
Yerevan
Warranty

CR-Root triggers knos flax 0x1... towelroot no...

towelroot does not need odin... just download and install the app

I am not so sure about towelroot never used it that is why I am avaoiding, triggering Knox I do not know what it means? Anyway when you root your phone you lose warranty so what difference does it make?

Last edited:

fcornejo

Oct 10, 2012
Actually I have been reading about this Knox trigger, what does it mean? Isn't there a way to "untrigger" it afterwards.
Thank you again and again very kind of you to reply

knox flag 0x1 is a e-fuse which burns out after the software is mofidied... there is no way known of setting it back to 0x0.

Here in Poland, there was a discussion about knox flag 0x1 and warrinty with Samsung officials, as the flag is also triggered when trying to downgrade your original firmware, example from 4.4.1 to 4.3.... and on tweeter Samsung Poland stated that the warranty is not lost when the flag is 0x1.. but is better to have it untouched...

Reactions: avadis99

avadis99

Dec 19, 2012
Yerevan
Thank you for the explanatiom as such it means it does not harm the phone or prevent future upgrades? If so I prefer to root as I had done before. I have no intention of downgrading but surely would like to continue upgrading. I always use my rooted phone with Knox frozen

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

avadis99

Dec 19, 2012
Yerevan
clarification

knox flag 0x1 is a e-fuse which burns out after the software is mofidied... there is no way known of setting it back to 0x0.

Here in Poland, there was a discussion about knox flag 0x1 and warrinty with Samsung officials, as the flag is also triggered when trying to downgrade your original firmware, example from 4.4.1 to 4.3.... and on tweeter Samsung Poland stated that the warranty is not lost when the flag is 0x1.. but is better to have it untouched...

Actually I had rooted it before with ODIn already when it had 4.4.2 again, so it is already triggered? Is there a way to check it? Also if it does not prevent future updates I prefer to continue with ODIN

avadis99

Dec 19, 2012
Yerevan
One more question and really thank u for u r time.
Will it effect Knox tripping for the future updates? Besides warranty voiding does it have any other repercussions?

CarlM34

Dec 31, 2012
GPS anyone???
carlmccluskey.com
One more question and really thank u for u r time.
Will it effect Knox tripping for the future updates? Besides warranty voiding does it have any other repercussions?

It will only affect your ability to downgrade......you won't be able to with official firmware. Upgrading is still possible and the Knox flag being triggered will not affect you upgrading but will never re-set the trigger.

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just use the normal rooting.

cf auto root or towelroot.

Firmware doesn't matter.
    I think I will stick to same Odin and CF-Root mode I used so much, trying not to try different things as such.
    Thank you

CR-Root triggers knos flax 0x1... towelroot no...

towelroot does not need odin... just download and install the app
    I think I will stick to same Odin and CF-Root mode I used so much, trying not to try different things as such.
    Thank you

Use towelroot if you don't want to lose your warranty (because you will void konx:( )
    Actually I have been reading about this Knox trigger, what does it mean? Isn't there a way to "untrigger" it afterwards.
    Thank you again and again very kind of you to reply