[Kernel][ICS][CM9] ShadowKernel CM9 v0.6.3.3 - CM9 Beta3+ (5/29/12)

Search This thread

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
?? Im a little confused by you peoples desparing... I just flashed everything cm9b0, gapps, supercharger, and this kernel and voodoo is working great for me :) Unless I missed something.... but I don't think I did. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with the voodoo, but by using v0.5, you're missing out on the other fixes made for beta0 (increased memory, video fixes, etc.). But don't worry, I should have it updated today.

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
Individual tweaking mainly.. however, there are 3 starting settings under one option (color or gamma idr) and 2 settings in the other (color or gamma, whichever wasn't the one before).

From there you can tweak your own settings after these give you a base line.

You haven't used it before = sad for you HOWEVER on the plus side, when you decide to dive in your EPIC gets a brand new and improved screen free of charge :D
Its the best mod for our phone. (period)

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

?? Im a little confused by you peoples desparing... I just flashed everything cm9b0, gapps, supercharger, and this kernel and voodoo is working great for me :) Unless I missed something.... but I don't think I did. :rolleyes:

It's not that it won't work, it's that you're missing out on a few fixes the devs made in their latest kernel. That's the reason I'm excited for it. I'm on B0 right now, stock. It's good, better actually, but I know It'll be moarz betterers when this kernel is updated.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using XDA app

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
i currently have 4.0. would 5.0 work better? whats the difference?

Depends, what Alpha are you currently running? If you're running Alpha 4, then 0.4 is probably best, and if you're running Alpha 5, 0.5 is best. However, if you're running Beta 0, then I would suggest sticking with the stock kernel that comes with it until bbelos updates his with the new fixes. I don't know if 0.4 will work with Alpha 5 or vice versa, but I'm assuming they would. Now that I type that out, I don't think there were any changes to the kernel but bbelos changed the number to match what Alpha was out.

As stated, kernel 0.5 will work with Beta 0, but it doesn't include some of the improvements that have just been made.

debage39

Feb 26, 2012
Indianapolis
Had to check. Looks like I'm running alpha 5. Didn't knw there was a 6.0. So as the pattern goes, should I stick with 5? And also can anybody recommend a good vvm to use with cm9. I dl sprint vvm but it doesn't work?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

stir fry a lot

Feb 13, 2009
Had to check. Looks like I'm running alpha 5. Didn't knw there was a 6.0. So as the pattern goes, should I stick with 5? And also can anybody recommend a good vvm to use with cm9. I dl sprint vvm but it doesn't work?

If you're on CM9 Beta use 6.0. The 5.0 kernel works but is outdated for this new CM9 build.

debage39

Feb 26, 2012
Indianapolis
Ok sry I was wrong. I'm running alpha 5 but using 0.4 kernel. Should I flash 0.5? Or 0.6? Thanx for the reply. Ill try google voice.

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Alright, give this a try. Let me know if there are any issues. And as always, please don't post bugs in the CM9 thread unless you know they also occur on the stock kernel.

Thanks for the update. But I think you may have missed something with the new memory changes. Stock kernel reports ~382MB available to userspace.
This one reports 347MB.

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for the update. But I think you may have missed something with the new memory changes. Stock kernel reports ~382MB available to userspace.
This one reports 347MB.

You're right. The reason is because a couple of the stock changes haven't been 100% approved in the review process. Once they get officially merged into the stock kernel source, I will put out a small update to include them. I suppose I could pull them is as-is if you guys start running into issues before then.

Even as it is, I have plenty of free RAM, but I'll monitor the usage as I run more apps.

I Brick Phones

Sep 14, 2008
KC
Just installed the latest version over CM9 beta0 and got stuck at the samsung screen. cant even boot into CWM... using Odin back to stock now.

tried to install it like normal (wipe cache/dalvik install). not sure what happened here...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work by our fantastic CM dev team for bringing us CM9 so quickly.

I would also like a continued huge thanks to the many talented developers out there including (in no particular order) but not limited to:
    chris41g, mkasick, Rodderik, nubecoder, earthbound, toadlife, thomasskull666, DRockstar, supercurio, Ezekeel, SenseiSimple, noobnl, xcaliburninhand, k0nane, AproSamurai. Without their excellent work, I wouldn't be here.

And so I give you ShadowKernel for CM9.

As with my other CM kernels, if you choose to use it, please post any bug reports here and not in the CM9 thread. Thank you.

**Updated for Beta3/Beta4-Prebuilds - CWM Scrolling speed fixed**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.3 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0b1469b018a9e4308a88f035c0b4210d

Features:
    - Everything in the stock CM9 kernel plus:
    - 3 button hard reset
    - Linux wired tether (RNDIS) support
    - Keypress hold for repeat scrolling in CWM
    - Capactive key backlight disabling support via Advanced Settings Menu
    - Dock audio support (Using the Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector)
    - Built-in TUN, CIFS, FUSE, & TCPMSS
    - Revamped Overclocking/Undervolting support up to 1.5GHz with Voltage Control support. (Added 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, & 1500 ~ All disabled by default)
    - Voodoo Sound (Controlled with the free Voodoo Sound App (formerly Voodoo Control))
    - Voodoo COLOR (also controlled in the free Voodoo Sound App)

certifiedicon.png

Additional Resources:
    See this thread for color setting discussion, but remember to experiment and find the right settings for you:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1002090

Previous Versions:
    v0.6.1
    *Updated for Beta1**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: ac125b8f04d13a0fb4f5eec3e48b2dc4

v0.6.0
    **Updated for Beta0**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0582dc000cdba394bb922607ed659b3a

v0.5.0
    **Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd

v0.4.0
    **Updated for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.4.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 7f0df477f5e17a2a6ec595a61c962230

v0.3.1
    **Updated for Alpha3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 20ec3fa2a509e6cb7cde73498c6f8a4a

v0.2
    **Updated for Alpha2**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.2 [Mirror]
    MD5: 4f8c9a6cea0dabd3ef194fea5bdbdf3d

v0.1
    **Initial release**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.1 [Mirror]

Source:
    Full github source.
    FAQ

Q. I have trouble getting 100MHz to stick, what do I do?
    A. Try the steps in this post. Edit: This is fixed in kernel v0.6.3+

Q. Why is there a green tint when I turn the phone on?
    A. That's a minor side effect of Voodoo Color. See this post.
    Here's an update to include Voodoo Sound. Let me know if there are any issues.

**Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd
    Hey bbelos, will v5 work with CM9 beta 0? I think I read they made some changes to their kernel to prepare for the transition to Linux kernel 3.0.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

It would probably work, and you're free to try it, but you would essentially be eliminating most of the improvements they made. There's a lot of improvements in the stock beta0 kernel so I would strongly recommend waiting until I get it updated.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
    Long time coming

Ok, guys, sorry it took so long, but here's an updated kernel for beta3. Features alot of fixes from the CM team, including capacitive key backlight disabling support and revamped OC code. I'm still including the extra frequency steps reworked to fit the new code scheme. I have also thrown in 1.5Ghz for you speed demons. Undervolting is still allowed, but not recommended due to stability. But feel free to push the limits :D You may also notice the ability to hold the volume keys to scroll in recovery mode.

**Updated for Beta3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 509f077389cb4273eb8f9f6e288bda8d