[Q] going back to stock un rooted rom

Search This thread

stubby1

May 1, 2011
Hey all,
I am looking to sell my Evo 4g lte because sprint really messed things up but that is neither here nor there. I would like to return it to stock for ease of selling it. can i do this without having a stock rooted rom and if possible can i run the updates to get the phone current for the next user? IF one of you want the rooted phone pm me i am up for anything.
Phone has MEAN BEAN rom on it and is s-off h boot 1.12.2222 radio 1.12.11.1210
thanks
stubby

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Hey all,
I am looking to sell my Evo 4g lte because sprint really messed things up but that is neither here nor there. I would like to return it to stock for ease of selling it. can i do this without having a stock rooted rom and if possible can i run the updates to get the phone current for the next user? IF one of you want the rooted phone pm me i am up for anything.
Phone has MEAN BEAN rom on it and is s-off h boot 1.12.2222 radio 1.12.11.1210
thanks
stubby

Hit the top link in my sig and go to the section on RUU's. At the bottom of the first post I have links to all applicable RUU's for the EVO LTE. Easiest thing would be to run one of them if you want to get back to stock. If you want to go back to being S-on and stock, use VipeRUU.

stubby1

May 1, 2011
Hit the top link in my sig and go to the section on RUU's. At the bottom of the first post I have links to all applicable RUU's for the EVO LTE. Easiest thing would be to run one of them if you want to get back to stock. If you want to go back to being S-on and stock, use VipeRUU.

Thanks Magnum

Using the VipeRUU was supper easy and quick. Back to stock off to sell.:good:

Last edited:

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Not a problem. Just remember that the RUU is run from your computer. Connect your phone and PC via USB cable, and once the connection is complete double-click the RUU file to start the installer. You may need to install HTC Sync so that you have the proper drivers installed on your computer. It takes about 10-15 minutes for the RUU to run, so be patient. VipeRUU is a little bit different. When you double-click the file to start the process, it will bring up a menu with options in it for you to choose from. It's pretty straightforward, though.

CornDogg

Aug 1, 2008
Columbia, MO
I've run VipeRUU a few times, but the bootloader stays unlocked. Anyone have any suggestions to get it back to a "Locked" state? I'm S-OFF, HBOOT 2.09.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

G

GuestK0087

I've run VipeRUU a few times, but the bootloader stays unlocked. Anyone have any suggestions to get it back to a "Locked" state? I'm S-OFF, HBOOT 2.09.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

fastboot oem lock

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app