Lcd/Digitizer repair question

Search This thread

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Has anyone replaced this on their note 2? I'm looking to purchase the combo so I don't have to separate the glass from the digitizer and introduce any dust under the screen...I've watched the videos but would like to hear from anyone who has done it . Are there any tips I need or certain things to look for? It seems pretty easy but these guys have probably done it a few times..Does the housing go back together pretty solid?

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Killa357

Jul 29, 2010
Lufkin, Tx
Has anyone replaced this on their note 2? I'm looking to purchase the combo so I don't have to separate the glass from the digitizer and introduce any dust under the screen...I've watched the videos but would like to hear from anyone who has done it . Are there any tips I need or certain things to look for? It seems pretty easy but these guys have probably done it a few times..Does the housing go back together pretty solid?

Thanks.

Quotes from my roommate and things I know on the subject: Should you try to replace the digitizer only (from experience working with the SIII and other AMOLED devices.) Your biggest problem isn't going to be dust, but accidentally damaging the AMOLED. If you have worked with AMOLEDs before or know anything about them, they are extremely thin and therefore quite fragile. My advice is to just replace the assembly. There is a film that goes on the back of the AMOLED. Roommate says he doesn't know what the film does, he thinks it may have something to do with the stylus. It does have a header that attaches to the main board, so be careful. Just know, unless you are in a clean room (and I'm talking professional setting, like you would see in manufacturing) you are going to end up with dust if you decide to replace only the digitizer. Good luck.

Reactions: BrianBaker

tuscani1821

Apr 9, 2009
Austin TX
I have complete white screens for $190 shipped.

Much easier than just replacing the digi.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
i bought the full front assembly w/another spen on ebay for $150 so all i have to do is swap out the front and not have to pry the glass apart from the lcd..It cost more but well worth the piece of mind knowing that all i have to swap is the board and camera..I watched videos of digitizer swaps and i'm not about to even attempt that..

Last edited:

Killa357

Jul 29, 2010
Lufkin, Tx
i bought the full front assembly w/another spen on ebay for $150 so all i have to do is swap out the front and not have to pry the glass apart from the lcd..It cost more but well worth the piece of mind knowing that all i have to swap is the board and camera..I watched videos of digitizer swaps and i'm not about to even attempt that..

Good luck! As you've said you've already watched guides so you should know what you are doing, just take your time and keep track of what goes where and you should do alright ^_^

elcidroyale

Dec 5, 2011
I know the stock phones have a Wacom digitizer/ screen made especially for the s-pen. Will these replacement screens work just as good as stock? The whole point of the Note 2 as opposed to other touch screen phones is to have that flawless stylus experience.

Price drop for SPRINT Galaxy note 2 screens. $150 shipped

tuscani1821

Apr 9, 2009
Austin TX
I know the stock phones have a Wacom digitizer/ screen made especially for the s-pen. Will these replacement screens work just as good as stock? The whole point of the Note 2 as opposed to other touch screen phones is to have that flawless stylus experience.

Any screen i sell is always a genuine part. They are mostly harvested from donor phones that have had other issues besides screen problems ie charging port problems or bricked devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Quotes from my roommate and things I know on the subject: Should you try to replace the digitizer only (from experience working with the SIII and other AMOLED devices.) Your biggest problem isn't going to be dust, but accidentally damaging the AMOLED. If you have worked with AMOLEDs before or know anything about them, they are extremely thin and therefore quite fragile. My advice is to just replace the assembly. There is a film that goes on the back of the AMOLED. Roommate says he doesn't know what the film does, he thinks it may have something to do with the stylus. It does have a header that attaches to the main board, so be careful. Just know, unless you are in a clean room (and I'm talking professional setting, like you would see in manufacturing) you are going to end up with dust if you decide to replace only the digitizer. Good luck.
    Hi,
    You can check here...
    http://www.sparessamsung.com/telemoveis/telemoveis/galaxy-s-series/galaxy-s-ii-gt-i9100.html
    This guys just sell genuine parts... and they're pretty cool...

Cheers.

Price drop for SPRINT Galaxy note 2 screens. $150 shipped