Just received ota update to 4.4.4 45MB for xt 1045 lte usa version

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-29-21-41-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-29-21-41-32.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

alochmst98

Sep 25, 2012
The update isn't working for me, even after reflashing the stock recovery. Did you have to do anything special to get it to work, or have you not modified the ROM at all?
I had the stock 4.4.3 ROM rooted and with the Xposed Framework installed. No custom recovery or custom kernel ever installed (I always used "fastboot boot /path/to/recovery.img" rather than installing a recovery). The update worked fine for me. All I had to do was (after updating to 4.4.4) go into the Xposed framework installer, tell it to update/install the framework. I installed the 4.4.4 update through the OTA notification I received, not through the link in this thread. For me, the update was 41.1MB not 45MB. I downloaded the OTA over WiFi.

Before I installed the update, I booted ClockworkMod Recovery (again, booted not flashed) and made a nandroid backup. It couldn't backup my /data partition because it's encrypted, so I also made a full backup with Titanium Backup.

Last edited:

castuis

Jan 21, 2011
Miami, Florida
The update isn't working for me, even after reflashing the stock recovery. Did you have to do anything special to get it to work, or have you not modified the ROM at all?

I had same problem
I was on 4.3.3 stock using exposed installer, I used MotoToolAioV3 to restore stock recovery then took OTA, during install I kept getting an error.
The solution for me was to download stock recovery from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53702274&postcount=268
extract the recovery then use MotoToolAioV3 to flash it, then accept the OTA and it should work, then if you're using exposed installer do what the other poster said and re-install xposed. Hope this helps.

nklenchik

Oct 24, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I had same problem
I was on 4.3.3 stock using exposed installer, I used MotoToolAioV3 to restore stock recovery then took OTA, during install I kept getting an error.
The solution for me was to download stock recovery from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53702274&postcount=268
extract the recovery then use MotoToolAioV3 to flash it, then accept the OTA and it should work, then if you're using exposed installer do what the other poster said and re-install xposed. Hope this helps.

Giving this a try, will report back

djcody

Aug 23, 2011
Blaine, MN
i just sad, I didn't mod anything because there is not yet full working ROM without bugs, mean the big one.
Anyway my One+ is on the way, Moto G is a good phone after breaking down my N4, going to sell soon :)

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
New update is pretty great. Previously on 4.4.3 the radio would drop all connections seemingly at random when starting up a music app or YouTube, but after upgrading to 4.4.4 the radio seems to hold a much more consistent connection with fewer drops (none so far) . I previously thought this might have been a faulty SIM

:thumbup:

Top Liked Posts