[Q] SGS2 SGH-S959G Touch Key Light Problems

Search This thread

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
I got a touch key light problem on my S959G

Alright they worked in all Jelly Bean and Kit Kat Roms before but now they just dont light on certain conditions.

On RenderBroken's Unoffical CM 11 Android 4.4.2, they dont light up at all even after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

On cyril279's OmiROM Android 4.4.2, they do light up after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

The OmiROM is the only time i see them light up, not during CWM Recoovery or cold booting up there dark on Both Roms til OmniROM and the mini fix i do

Is it a Recovery issue or a Kernel issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Update: just came from CM11 Android 4.4.2 to OmniROM and the keys lit up only during setup. not when the phone is flashed with CM11.

Last edited:

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Using RenderBroken's kernel allows you to choose your desired key-illumination preferences via STweaks (BLN).

Edit: RenderBroken's CM11 comes packaged with his own kernel, so whatever 4.4.2 firmware you choose, all you need to do is open stweaks, go to the BLN tab, and UCHECK "force disable touchkeys"

Alright they worked in all Jelly Bean and Kit Kat Roms before but now they just dont light on certain conditions.

On RenderBroken's Unoffical CM 11 Android 4.4.2, they dont light up at all even after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

On cyril279's OmiROM Android 4.4.2, they do light up after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

The OmiROM is the only time i see them light up, not during CWM Recoovery or cold booting up there dark on Both Roms til OmniROM and the mini fix i do

Update: just came from CM11 Android 4.4.2 to OmniROM and the keys lit up only during setup. not when the phone is flashed with CM11.

Last edited:

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
Using RenderBroken's kernel allows you to choose your desired key-illumination preferences via STweaks (BLN).

Edit: RenderBroken's CM11 comes packaged with his own kernel, so whatever 4.4.2 firmware you choose, all you need to do is open stweaks, go to the BLN tab, and UCHECK "force disable touchkeys"

Well right now, I'm using your rom

Omni Android 4.4.2 with Xposed Framework
4.4.2-20140112-i777-NIGHTLY

and my touch key lights are working, BTW I love the ROM you built

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
I love the ROM too, but it isn't mine at all -not even a little bit. I'm just a messenger. @Entropy512 is to be credited with the bringup on the i777, and there's an entire team responsible for the brilliance that is OMNI.

If you want better control over the behavior of the key-ilumination, then flash RenderBroken's kernel, and refer to my original post.

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
I love the ROM too, but it isn't mine at all -not even a little bit. I'm just a messenger. @Entropy512 is to be credited with the bringup on the i777, and there's an entire team responsible for the brilliance that is OMNI.

If you want better control over the behavior of the key-ilumination, then flash RenderBroken's kernel, and refer to my original post.

Alright I found out its the ROM Builds because when I flashed the Build 6 WiFi fixed, my touch keys lit up at setup so I'm still on your build/port of OmniROM.

Thank you :)

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Your reference to "build 6 WiFi fixed" suggests that you flashed RenderBroken's Firmware.

I'm saying that if you want better control of your touch-keys, flash RenderBroken's KERNEL, and use STweaks to control the touch-key behavior.

-Cyril

Alright I found out its the ROM Builds because when I flashed the Build 6 WiFi fixed, my touch keys lit up at setup so I'm still on your build/port of OmniROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your reference to "build 6 WiFi fixed" suggests that you flashed RenderBroken's Firmware.

I'm saying that if you want better control of your touch-keys, flash RenderBroken's KERNEL, and use STweaks to control the touch-key behavior.

-Cyril