[Q] No Rom and RUU not working

Search This thread

Checkered Spheres

Feb 5, 2013
My terminology will probably be off or just plain wrong. Sorry but I am doing my best to give as much info as possible and appreciate the help.

I have a Sprint HTC One (US). I recently tried to put a new rom on my phone and messed up somewhere along the way. I think I wiped where I was loading the rom from :silly:. I now have no rom installed and my computer is not able to connect to or see the phone. When I try and use adb and run the "detect devices" command it comes back with nothing. So then I tried running the RUU for my phone and in versions 1.29.651.10, 1.29.615.7, and 1.29.615.6 I have received error code 155 in all of them. I read that means I need the boot loader to be locked but cannot find a way to do that if the adb is not detecting my phone.

I am able to get into TWRP v2.6.1.0. If I do not hold down the volume down key while trying to boot it will sit on the HTC logo screen.

At the top of the boot loader I have:

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-1.00.20.0626
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
eMMC-boot
Jul 5 2013, 17:19:22:15705

I just want to be able to put the stock rom back on the phone. Any help?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
My terminology will probably be off or just plain wrong. Sorry but I am doing my best to give as much info as possible and appreciate the help.

I have a Sprint HTC One (US). I recently tried to put a new rom on my phone and messed up somewhere along the way. I think I wiped where I was loading the rom from :silly:. I now have no rom installed and my computer is not able to connect to or see the phone. When I try and use adb and run the "detect devices" command it comes back with nothing. So then I tried running the RUU for my phone and in versions 1.29.651.10, 1.29.615.7, and 1.29.615.6 I have received error code 155 in all of them. I read that means I need the boot loader to be locked but cannot find a way to do that if the adb is not detecting my phone.

I am able to get into TWRP v2.6.1.0. If I do not hold down the volume down key while trying to boot it will sit on the HTC logo screen.

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-1.00.20.0626
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
eMMC-boot

Make sure the rom you tried to flash was sprint compatible. Might be your issue. Boot your phone in bootloader mode, select fastboot then connect usb cable to computer. Open a cmd prompt from your adb/fastboot folder and type this command:

Code:
fastboot getvar all

copy/paste output here but remove IMEI and SN

also ADB only works when phone is booted to OS or RECOVERY
FASTBOOT works when phone is in bootloader mode.

so the command to relock the bootloader is
Code:
fastboot oem lock

don't lock the bootloader yet, want to be sure if the ruu match your getvar info.

Reactions: andrewjolly

Checkered Spheres

Feb 5, 2013
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.0626
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.31.651.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4030mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status malformed (0 bytes))
finished. total time: 5.564s

alray

May 22, 2012
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.0626
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.31.651.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4030mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status malformed (0 bytes))
finished. total time: 5.564s

You need s-off to use these ruu because its a version downgrade (from 1.31.651.2 ----> 1.29.651.7)

So you need to s-off with revone tool before using ruu. don't forget you have a sprint version and you can't use some stuff here. You must make sure you always download srpint compatible rom and recovery (M7_WLS)

Checkered Spheres

Feb 5, 2013
You need s-off to use these ruu because its a version downgrade (from 1.31.651.2 ----> 1.29.651.7)

So you need to s-off with revone tool before using ruu. don't forget you have a sprint version and you can't use some stuff here. You must make sure you always download srpint compatible rom and recovery (M7_WLS)

So what would the order of operations be? Relock boot loader, s-off, then ruu?

Is there any problem that when I type "adb devices" it returns with nothing? I know it was able to pull the info for the getvar but am unsure how that is possible.

alray

May 22, 2012

Is there any problem that when I type "adb devices" it returns with nothing? I know it was able to pull the info for the getvar but am unsure how that is possible.

don't relock bootloader! Flash a sprint compatible rom, then s-off with revone. when you have s-off, remove tempered flag from bootloader and set it to ''locked'' not ''relocked'' and then flash the ruu.

btw adb commands like ''adb devices'' will only work when OS is booted or in custom recovery, not in bootloader.

Reactions: andrewjolly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

***TAMPERED***
    ***UNLOCKED***
    M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.44.0000
    RADIO-1.00.20.0626
    OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
    eMMC-boot

Make sure the rom you tried to flash was sprint compatible. Might be your issue. Boot your phone in bootloader mode, select fastboot then connect usb cable to computer. Open a cmd prompt from your adb/fastboot folder and type this command:

Code:
    fastboot getvar all

copy/paste output here but remove IMEI and SN

also ADB only works when phone is booted to OS or RECOVERY
    FASTBOOT works when phone is in bootloader mode.

so the command to relock the bootloader is
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

don't lock the bootloader yet, want to be sure if the ruu match your getvar info.

don't relock bootloader! Flash a sprint compatible rom, then s-off with revone. when you have s-off, remove tempered flag from bootloader and set it to ''locked'' not ''relocked'' and then flash the ruu.

btw adb commands like ''adb devices'' will only work when OS is booted or in custom recovery, not in bootloader.