[APP][Not Under Dev] OC/UV Beater2v1.7-GUI to change Virtuous_OC,Andrev_OC&Viper_VDD

Search This thread

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
I tested you app with DeSense but it doesnt seem to work properly

App reads and sets Daemon settings but in the undervolting part app crashes when pressing "all down by -25", shows ------ in def settings and reads only current settings, also it doesnt write anything in system/etc.

Hi Spyr0s,

Please check my app again. I think i found the problem after i did a clean install of NewGen v1 and found a problem. I know that it is not your ROM but this could account for the problem. Will be downloading more ROMS tonight and test them all.

Thanks.

Reactions: Spyr0s

Spyr0s

Feb 28, 2011
Athens
Hi Spyr0s,

Please check my app again. I think i found the problem after i did a clean install of NewGen v1 and found a problem. I know that it is not your ROM but this could account for the problem. Will be downloading more ROMS tonight and test them all.

Thanks.

Thats my rom and UV part works, havent tested the OC Daemon part yet because i have removed it to test a suprise kernel.

Reactions: android_htc

eliashadow

Nov 1, 2010
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Hi Spyr0s,

Thanks.

I tested too in newgen the new version of your app.Its seems that issue is fixed!
But i have to ask u something....
I m using vipermod and i have already uv -25,so if i choose in vipermod (terminal) to show me the current voltages i can see 245-750,614-800,122880-800 etc.When i open your app and go to uv selection i saw the default voltages and are different!i can see 245-850,422-875 etc.
What's wrong mate?

Thanks for your great work.

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
I tested too in newgen the new version of your app.Its seems that issue is fixed!
But i have to ask u something....
I m using vipermod and i have already uv -25,so if i choose in vipermod (terminal) to show me the current voltages i can see 245-750,614-800,122880-800 etc.When i open your app and go to uv selection i saw the default voltages and are different!i can see 245-850,422-875 etc.
What's wrong mate?

Thanks for your great work.

There is no way to get the default values for any kernel with the vdd_levels file, if it has already been changed.
My app creates an 97getvdddefault file to get the default vdd levels from the kernel at bootup. If you are using vipermod, and setting it to -25, the vipermod 74havsvoltages script will exec before my getdefault one. So my app will get the values that vipermod is setting it to as the default values. Every time you active a uv profile in beater it will first load the defaults and then change the values you specified to change.
I would suggest that you don't use the vipermod script and mine at the same time as i can't guarantee the outcomes.
What kernel are you using? I don't have a 245Mhz freq, the closes is 230Mhz.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Sybregunne

Jan 24, 2011
Currently in Singapore
There is no way to get the default values for any kernel with the vdd_levels file, if it has already been changed.
My app creates an 97getvdddefault file to get the default vdd levels from the kernel at bootup. If you are using vipermod, and setting it to -25, the vipermod 74havsvoltages script will exec before my getdefault one. So my app will get the values that vipermod is setting it to as the default values. Every time you active a uv profile in beater it will first load the defaults and then change the values you specified to change.
I would suggest that you don't use the vipermod script and mine at the same time as i can't guarantee the outcomes.
What kernel are you using? I don't have a 245Mhz freq, the closes is 230Mhz.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers.

Just a suggestion. maybe you can try to (re)move the vipermod script temporarily. Just inform the user.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Reactions: cjoliver

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Just a suggestion. maybe you can try to (re)move the vipermod script temporarily. Just inform the user.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Should be easy enough :). I'm already writing to the /system file system. Thanks man. Will definably have to ask for user permission. ;)

Great app you have going as well.

Enjoy.

Spyr0s

Feb 28, 2011
Athens
Its better to remove vipermod script to avoid conflicts (reset and reboot through vipermode menu).

Something else, when you open the UV menu the values to be applied are already -25mV. Maybe its better to be the same because if you press lower by -25 that makes -50.

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Its better to remove vipermod script to avoid conflicts (reset and reboot through vipermode menu).

Something else, when you open the UV menu the values to be applied are already -25mV. Maybe its better to be the same because if you press lower by -25 that makes -50.

That would be because it had loaded your last profile that was saved on SD. And that was already -25. So with the defaults returning to actual default. It would look like -50. :) Just for interest sake. If you want to delete a profile. Just delete the corresponding files on /mnt/sdcard/.ocuvbeater2/UV1||UV2||OC1||OC2||OC3.pro and the corresponding folder. Maybe I must also think about putting in a "clear profile button".

PS. I'm also seriously considering putting in a "load default button" on that UV pages.

Reactions: ein777er and Spyr0s

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011
.. just around the corner !
That would be because it had loaded your last profile that was saved on SD. And that was already -25. So with the defaults returning to actual default. It would look like -50. :) Just for interest sake. If you want to delete a profile. Just delete the corresponding files on /mnt/sdcard/.ocuvbeater2/UV1||UV2||OC1||OC2||OC3.pro and the corresponding folder. Maybe I must also think about putting in a "clear profile button".

PS. I'm also seriously considering putting in a "load default button" on that UV pages.

Both sound like a very good (and welcome!) idea to me .. :D
BTW, compliments for your nice tool, love it !!

Cheers,

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011

Both sound like a very good (and welcome!) idea to me .. :D
BTW, compliments for your nice tool, love it !!

Cheers,

WOW, You are quick !!
Thanks for updating / implementing our requests in your 1.2 version !! :D

Cheers,

slopppy

Dec 10, 2010
Perth
Hello,

Came across your app after you posted in the LeeDroid thread. Very nice indeed.

I was thinking about manually tinkering with the voltage levels via the scripts that Lee provides but had never quite got around to it. This makes it a hell of a lot easier!

App seems pretty solid so far. Have just gone all at -25 so far and temp'd it, so I'll see how it goes before getting a bit more adventurous!

Thanks for the time you've put into this and for releasing it for our use.

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Hello,

Came across your app after you posted in the LeeDroid thread. Very nice indeed.

I was thinking about manually tinkering with the voltage levels via the scripts that Lee provides but had never quite got around to it. This makes it a hell of a lot easier!

App seems pretty solid so far. Have just gone all at -25 so far and temp'd it, so I'll see how it goes before getting a bit more adventurous!

Thanks for the time you've put into this and for releasing it for our use.

Nice to hear and glad i could help. Feel free to spread to word and keep an eye out for future updates.

Enjoy.

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011
Dear cjoliver,

After flashing the new ARHD 5.2.4 ROM, every time I try to make a UV change, (once I try Temp Active) your program Force Closes on me ... (Version 1.2 and 1.2.1)
Tried to reinstall etc. but don't know what causes this FC. Any idea?

Cheers,

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Dear cjoliver,

After flashing the new ARHD 5.2.4 ROM, every time I try to make a UV change, (once I try Temp Active) your program Force Closes on me ... (Version 1.2 and 1.2.1)
Tried to reinstall etc. but don't know what causes this FC. Any idea?

Cheers,

Hi Wacco,

I can't really explain it. Doesn't seem to be a problem with my code. I did find that I also got a FC after upgrading to 5.2.4. I fixed it by removing my app from SuperUser v3 and waiting for it to ask again.

Just for a test I did a fresh install of ARHD5.2.3 with 1.2.1 and then upgraded to 5.2.4 with no problem.

I'm stating to think that there could be something wrong with SUv3 not giving the correct permissions when it upgraded it's database from v2 to v3. You can see in the logcat that there has been major changes to v3.

Let me know if this sorts the problem out for you.

Thanks and cheers.

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011
Hi Wacco,

I can't really explain it. Doesn't seem to be a problem with my code. I did find that I also got a FC after upgrading to 5.2.4. I fixed it by removing my app from SuperUser v3 and waiting for it to ask again.

Just for a test I did a fresh install of ARHD5.2.3 with 1.2.1 and then upgraded to 5.2.4 with no problem.

I'm stating to think that there could be something wrong with SUv3 not giving the correct permissions when it upgraded it's database from v2 to v3. You can see in the logcat that there has been major changes to v3.

Let me know if this sorts the problem out for you.

Thanks and cheers.

Thank you for your quick reply..

I've tried what you did, but .. still the same result ... :eek:
Strange thing is that Temp and Perm Active for OC are no problem, but UV Temp/Perm Active are (still) generating a Force close ...

Edit : I even re-updated the SU binary and tried your solution again, but ... negative

Last edited:

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Thank you for your quick reply..

I've tried what you did, but .. still the same result ... :eek:
Strange thing is that Temp and Perm Active for OC are no problem, but UV Temp/Perm Active are (still) generating a Force close ...

Edit : I even re-updated the SU binary and tried your solution again, but ... negative

I have just uploaded v1.2.2 onto the Front Page. But before you install. Please uninstall my app and remove the .ocuvbeater2 folder from your SD card and remove the start-up scripts. Also remove the /system/etc/viper_vdd folder plus all its content. Also remove app from superuser. Restart phone and then install new version.

I will be holding thumbs as i can't explain UV not working and OC working. The code is the same.(How do you put a smiley scratching it head :))

Let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacco001

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011
I have just uploaded v1.2.2 onto the Front Page. But before you install. Please uninstall my app and remove the .ocuvbeater2 folder from your SD card and remove the start-up scripts. Also remove the /system/etc/viper_vdd folder plus all its content. Also remove app from superuser. Restart phone and then install new version.

I will be holding thumbs as i can't explain UV not working and OC working. The code is the same.(How do you put a smiley scratching it head :))

Let me know.

Cheers

Respect.. !!

That did it !! :)
I have the strange feeling that something went "mad" due to the /system/etc/vipe_vdd folder, because I had problems deleting it .. but, it works ... THANKS !!

BTW, I've installed and tested it with your 1.2.2 version, so I don't know if the same result was made with 1.2.1 ... ;)

Cheers,

Reactions: cjoliver

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
Respect.. !!

That did it !! :)
I have the strange feeling that something went "mad" due to the /system/etc/vipe_vdd folder, because I had problems deleting it .. but, it works ... THANKS !!

BTW, I've installed and tested it with your 1.2.2 version, so I don't know if the same result was made with 1.2.1 ...
Cheers,

Glad I could be of service. Hopefully you where the only user with a problem. Not that the problem was a good thing. ;) Will go through my code again to see if I can find something. And will also try and recreate problem.

Cheers.

Reactions: Wacco001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][Not Under Dev] OC/UV Beater2v1.7-GUI to change Virtuous_OC,Andrev_OC&Viper_VDD

UPDATE - Hi all,

Down to personal problem im unable to continue work on this project. I have uploaded the project/source onto this post in the hope that someone can continue the work.

Thanks for all the support.

Cheers

Original - Hi All. Here is the public released version of my app to change the Virtuous_OC and Andrev_OC daemons settings and VDD levels in your ROM/kernel on-the-fly (Now also supports OC without daemon). I have put hundreds of hours of testing into this project to try and make it as bug free as possible. I still have other extra functions that i would like to implement and i hope/think :D I'm close to getting them running.

PicNotice.jpg
    PicOC1.png
    PicOC2.png
    PicOC3.png
    PicOptions.png
    PicUV1.png
    PicUI.jpg

The app works on profiles and you can create 3 OC profiles and change between them. You can also create 2 UV profiles and activate any one of them.

If your ROM doesn't have all the support for the different part of the app. Don't worry, the app will hide the parts you can't use and only show you the options you can.

!PLEASE! take a nandroid before making any changes.

The app stores it's config files on the /data/data folder and pushes it to the config folders when activated.

I have had some questions regarding the diff between "temp" and "perm" activation. It is easy, a "temp" will not survive a reboot. A "perm" will survive a reboot and will not require my app to configure these values again.

Please use temp activate in the UV section to check if your phone is happy with the new voltages. This button activates the new voltages, but doesn't write the config to /system, so if you have a failure the voltage levels will go back to the last activated perm settings or default if no perm settings was applied after a reboot. If you do break it :D, i have included a flash-able zip to remove the config and to take it back to default level.

Change log
    V1.7 (Extra Functionality and small bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
    * Added full multi-core support for vdd and oc.
    * Fixed bug where oc setup script wasn't installed.

V1.6 (Extra Functionality) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
    * Added support for OC without Daemons (for those roms using governor to do "screen off/sleep" profiles)

V1.5 (Extra Functionality and minor bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS :D
    * New Menu item added.
    - Disabling of tabs you don't want or need.
    - Disabling of Toasts and Notifications.
    * Removed "Save" button from Auto OC Settings page. (Not needed any more)
    * Added sorting of governors and frequencies.
    * Fixed bug where deleting OC Profile that was assigned to an auto profile switching didn't clear the settings.

V1.4 (Extra Functionality) Testing and working on TB Fusion3d 2.0.x, DeSense NewGen v3.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 4.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 2.35.*, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.26 v*
    * New Menu added. (Hit menu button)
    - Auto profile switching for OC under low power conditions. :D
    - Auto profile switching for OC under charger connection conditions. :D
    - Auto profile switching for OC under charger disconnection conditions. :D
    - By popular demand: Auto force start of OC Daemon at boot time. :D (Only use if there is no other choice and you can't get the init.d scripts working)
    * Fixed FC when ROM/Kernel doesn't support OC and UV.
    * Increased safe VDD levels to 1600 for LordClockN kernel.

V1.3.1 (Minor Bug) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v2.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 3.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.*
    * Tried to remove possible FC from "-25" button in UV section by improving logic.

V1.3 (New Features) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v2.x, NC NoSense v1.3.x, Android Revolution HD 5.2.x, SenSi 3.0.x, NoSensi 1.0.x, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.x and MIUI v1.18.2
    * Added support for Andrev_OC
    * Move profiles storage to app data folder. (eg. /data) Feel free to delete the .ocuvbeater2 folder on SD card.

V1.2.3 (Minor Bug and code rewrite) Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.4/5, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3, RCMix3d 234 v2.2 and MIUI v1.18.2
    * Almost 90% code rewrite to support future functions. So too many to mention.
    * Standard colours for all spinners.

V1.2.2 (Minor Bug) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.3/4, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0, LeeDrOiD v3.3.3 and RCMix3d 234 v2.2.
    * Full busybox support. (Should give me lots more ROM support than native commands
    * Removed possible FC as app wasn't waiting for commands to complete.

V1.2.1 (Minor Bug) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1/2, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD 5.2.3/4, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6, Virtuous Unity 1.31.0 and LeeDrOiD v3.3.3
    * Added support for Kernel with more than 25 frequency steps.
    * Improved code to init.d scripts.
    * Added removal of TextViews and Spinners not used by VDD.

V1.2 (New Features) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6 and Virtuous Unity 1.31.0
    * Included detection for vipermod init.d script.
    * Added "Clear" button to clear/reset profile.
    * Added "Default" button to UV section to load default values to profile.
    * Cleanup of code.
    * Improved testing logic.

V1.1.5 (Minor bugs) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3, Android Revolution HD, SenSi 3.0.1, NoSensi 1.0.6 and Virtuous Unity 1.31.0
    * Added support for SenSi and NoSensi Roms
    * Removed bug where scrollview will just to the top TextBox after changing a spinner value.
    * Added mdpi and ldpi icons :)D Not that we will ever need this)

V1.1.4 (Minor bugs) - Tested and working on DeSense NewGen v1, NC NoSense v1.3.2+/3 and Android Revolution HD
    * Upgrade init.d script to include more shell cmd's. (No need to delete, will upgrade itself)
    * Improved logic in app
    * Minor bugs i found.

V1.1.3 (Minor bug)
    * Running only OC or UV caused fc on save. Fixed.

V1.1.2 (Major bug)
    * Install of init.d script was failing. (This caused lots of headaches and should support more roms now)

V1.1.1 (Minor bug)
    * Improved logic in app to make it faster.
    * Fixed keyboard opening on every start.
    * Increased size of spinner objects.
    * Improved detection of Temp and Perm settings.

V1.1 (New Features)
    * Improved logic in app.
    * Activate "Temp Activations" for OC.
    * New Icon.
    * Removed exit button (Use home or back button) - Why should i wast valuable real-estate if there is already buttons for it.

V1.0.1 (Minor bug)
    *Root checking fixed to include more custom ROM's.

Any positive criticism would be greatly appreciated and please donate if you like my work. :)

Donaters will be listed here :

Staplerz83 $5

Enjoy

Downloads :)
    V1.0 = +/- 50 downloads
    V1.1 = +/- 300 downloads
    V1.2 = +/- 150 downloads
    v1.3 = +/- 660 downloads
    V1.4 = +/- 830 downloads
    v1.5 = +/- 2699 downloads
    v1.6 = +/- 1986 downloads
    v1.7 = counting :D
    Hi guys.

Sorry for the long absence. Down to personal problem, i have been unable to continue work on my project, and doubt that i will be able to any time soon. I have decided to upload the project/source onto the front page and hope that someone can continue my work, or use it to start there own project.

Thanks all for the support.

Cheers.
    Updated OP with v1.5 :D Wanted to give everybody something new for the weekend.

Enjoy.
    Hi All,

V1.4 upload to front page. Have a look and let me know if there is any problems.

Cheers.
    Hi all,

I updated the OP with the new version. It is a day early, but i'm going on my one year wedding aniversity tomorrow morning, and i don't think my wife will love me very much if i was uploaded the new version just before leaving. :D

Cheers and enjoy.