"Breaking News" HuluPlus.apk Has Been Successfully Modded By Vgeezy

Search This thread

AbstractMind87

Mar 15, 2011
SC
HTC One X
AT&T LG Optimus G
Can anyone with more programming skills than I confirm that all changes to the application are safe and not malicious in any way? I always get a bit nervous with these things.

Salty, if it were malicious I doubt the thread would remain open. I can't speak for the file host sites the downloads are linked to tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Feb 10, 2009
zip not apk

Hey everyone

Is the link supposed to be for a apk file or zip file? Because each time I download it, I get a zip file that I don't know how to install. Tried to unzip and couldn't find an apk
Any help is appreciated

Feb 10, 2009
Hey everyone

Is the link supposed to be for a apk file or zip file? Because each time I download it, I get a zip file that I don't know how to install. Tried to unzip and couldn't find an apk
Any help is appreciated

I figured out my problem. I was using the chrome beta for android, and for some reason it was downloading the apk as a zip. Switched browsers and worked fine

thistimearound

Sep 11, 2010
Didn't see if anyone said it, but this thing works like a beast on the HP Touchpad running CM9 Alpha 0.6. Just for fun I tried it on my EVO 4G, also works fine (useless as the default app already works there, but still). Haven't tried on my Logitech Revue, but it would appear that won't work anyway. You did a good job vgeezy and I'm looking forward to the next update.

jbowker

May 17, 2010
Galaxy Tab Issue

Just a FYI, the landscape version doesn't work properly on the kindle fire but the regular version works just fine.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

I am having the same issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1. The landscape version installs and runs. It does not, however, show any videos in the free Gallery

m5james

Aug 27, 2010
Had issues at first on my Epic w/ the whole ad blocking thing since it's baked into the Legendary 2.2 ROM. Did some playing around in Rom Toolbox (finally found a version that worked and retained my settings), went into Ad Blocker tab and uncheck all the boxes. That ap said it was still blocking like 27k ads, so I hit Menu and there was a button on the bottom right that allowed all ads...now I can watch Hulu, and the GF even has a + account.

Thanks for doing this. Before this, the only way I was able to watch Hulu was using Puffin browser, and the video quality was TERRIBLY choppy.

Update: Works super fast on WiFi, but when I switched to 4G I got the constant buffer screeens. I switched off 4G, resorting to 3G only. I finished reading through a few more pages of this thread, then suddenly it started playing. I noticed the app also reverted automatically from High Quality to Medium Quality. I know that even when I use TV.com, it takes FOREVER for it to remember where it was playing from before, buffer then continue playing, so for now I'm going to let this episode play out. Once this episode is done, I'll switch 4G back on, watch another episode and hope that it buffers quicker.

Last edited:

teknofil

Feb 18, 2012
Hi! Thanks so much for this mod!
I can play the first 40 seconds of ads and then it hangs and gives me the message to check internet connectivity. I have tried both the landscape and portrait versions. Have uninstalled and rebooted.

I have never installed any adblocker, so I believe that isnt the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

INFO: Transformer TF101, using my paid Hulu+ account and a VPN to connect to USA.

Thanks!!

lawalty

May 16, 2008
I'm experiencing the same issue on my wife's un-rooted T-Mobile 3g Vibrant. It would play the commercial just fine, but not the video. It keeps buffering then it network errors out.

BTW: she doesn't have any ad blocker installed.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

asmarinian

Feb 17, 2012
Samsung Infuse not working

Running the stock version of android 2.2 on my Samsung Infuse (rooted). Turned off ad-blocking (adfree) and reverted the hosts file. Advertisements started working but the video just buffers with the "It appears you are having network issues" message. Uninstalled adfree (and even avast mobile) to see if it would make a difference, it didn't. The landscape version has the same problem.

mouseglider

May 1, 2010
Eagan, MN
www.kickstand4u.com
Hi! Thanks so much for this mod!
I can play the first 40 seconds of ads and then it hangs and gives me the message to check internet connectivity. I have tried both the landscape and portrait versions. Have uninstalled and rebooted.

I have never installed any adblocker, so I believe that isnt the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

INFO: Transformer TF101, using my paid Hulu+ account and a VPN to connect to USA.

Thanks!!

I'm experiencing the same issue on my wife's un-rooted T-Mobile 3g Vibrant. It would play the commercial just fine, but not the video. It keeps buffering then it network errors out.

BTW: she doesn't have any ad blocker installed.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

I have the same problem! I even deleted (actually renamed) my host file and still no work!

I keep checking back to hulu to see if they have added the epic for approved devices and it is still not there even though later devices developed have been approved. I don't see a single Samsung device being approved :( :confused: :mad:

blunttedsmurf

Nov 24, 2008
Can anyone please give me a link to Hulu Plus version 1.4.100096. No I do not have a device to download it from the market. So I need an external link. I want to mod that version so the app can be up to date. Thank you....

Also I've tried endless hours trying to find how to allow logitech revue to be able to use this apk. For starters it does not have flash and after you install flash it really does not do anything. Also I looked at the build.prop of the revue and could not figure anything out. I'm guessing it's the flash. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen unless the update I mentioned above can change something.

Last edited:

SirSilentBob

Feb 21, 2012
Can anyone please give me a link to Hulu Plus version 1.4.100096. No I do not have a device to download it from the market. So I need an external link. I want to mod that version so the app can be up to date. Thank you....

Also I've tried endless hours trying to find how to allow logitech revue to be able to use this apk. For starters it does not have flash and after you install flash it really does not do anything. Also I looked at the build.prop of the revue and could not figure anything out. I'm guessing it's the flash. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen unless the update I mentioned above can change something.

Here you go. Thanks for your work on this. It's sad that legitimate paying (or even the free users!) hulu plus customers have to use modified apks, when hulu should do the right thing and allow it to be used naively on any device that is capable of using it. I am a member of the Thrive forums, and am well aware of your great work and help from there. Buggablah is my forum name there.

This file came off of a Motorola Droid X, if that info is needed or relevant in any way for you to mod the file. Can you please do the standard and landscape mods to this like you did to the last file?

Thanks again! :)

Edit: crap, I could not post the link directly since I am a new user. It is at sendspace dot com /file/b7wr1z
(remove extra spaces of course.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All, I am Vgeezy....

As the title states, I have modded the huluplus.apk to work on any android device. It does not, I repeat does not require root!! YAY!!! No it does not give you free access to hulu plus, you still have to get a paid subscription to view the paid content. But if you don't have paid subscription, you can still view the free gallery. Enough talking I hope you enjoy this. Here's my video proof that it does work:

IF YOU HAVE AN AD BLOCKER ON YOUR DEVICE, THE HULU APP WILL JUST BUFFER OR FC. DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER WHILE USING THIS APP. IT'S BLOCKING THE ADS HULU BROADCAST, SO IT WILL NOT PLAY.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE.

Click on video link to see proof....

Mod HuluPlus.apk Video

ModHuluplus.apk

Landscape Mod Huluplus.apk
    If you add "ads.hulu.com" and "p.hulu.com" to your whitelist in adaway you'll still be able to block ads from other apps. I know i get tired of rebooting the phone when i want to turn off ads to watch hulu. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MT4G running MIUI4v ICS
    Ask and Ye shall receive. I posted the landscape mod in my first post.
    I Was having the buffering issue, too. Even though i didnt have any ad blocking software. I Fixed it by downloading adaway then disabling ad blocking through it.

Sent from my Adam using XDA