CLOSED

Search This thread

addicted2088

Oct 20, 2010
Pune
Thanks. Nice ROM. Icons in the status bar are blurry though. Apart from that, working fine for now.
Also, what file in the framework do I need to change to change the background that shows when we are in the Settings menu etc? Kinda obtrusive the default ones, so wanted to change them.

EDIT: Superuser is denying all apps root access, without any prompt showing up. Tried with both Titanium and Root Explorer.

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-03-23_2209.jpg
    screenshot_2012-03-23_2209.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

Aarush

Jan 11, 2012
New Delhi
Thanks. Nice ROM. Icons in the status bar are blurry though. Apart from that, working fine for now.
Also, what file in the framework do I need to change to change the background that shows when we are in the Settings menu etc? Kinda obtrusive the default ones, so wanted to change them.

EDIT: Superuser is denying all apps root access, without any prompt showing up. Tried with both Titanium and Root Explorer.

Not framework but default themes.apk (not sure if it is in this rom)
And if u need it,here it is - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23749686

Sent from my Xperia neo V using SwiftKey with WP7 Theme!

B

bbooff

The icons in the status bar look blurry because i did't have time to resize them.I promise that this will be fixed in future versions.
Maybe the problem with the su apk is caused by the kernel you are using.I never encountered such a problem when i run the tests but i was using my kernel instead.
Please, if you find any other bug, let me know...
Thanks in advance...

nemes2

Oct 31, 2008
Warsaw
I'm going to flash it today, or at least tommorow, and see how the rom is rolling at neo v. Going to report back soon ;)

Edit 1: Okey, I see I have 2 launchers installed at begining. So I'm able to chose which one I would like to use, and just uninstall the another one

Edit 2: A little feedback :) The picture of background in settings menu is not so good in my opinion, it would be nice if there would be an option that will replace the image as just black background.. And second, the lack of OC option on your kernel :)

Last edited:
B

bbooff

I'm going to flash it today, or at least tommorow, and see how the rom is rolling at neo v. Going to report back soon ;)

Edit 1: Okey, I see I have 2 launchers installed at begining. So I'm able to chose which one I would like to use, and just uninstall the another one

Edit 2: A little feedback :) The picture of background in settings menu is not so good in my opinion, it would be nice if there would be an option that will replace the image as just black background.. And second, the lack of OC option on your kernel :)

If you want, you can install another stock based kernel with OC.The rom will work fine with it.You will never get OC from my kernel.It's a way of thinking.I do not see it as a disadvantage.
If you want you can install another theme and change the settings background.
Please give some feedback on some other important issues like stability, speed, smoother scrolling, better touchscreen responsiveness, etc in comparison with stock firmware...
By the way, the resize of the icons is almost ready and i will probably release a flashable zip with the fix soon enough...

fuhamst86e

Aug 28, 2011
regarding the kernel.... if we use kernel nightelf is not better then kernel 62???what i mean if i using nightelf kernel can i just flash the u're rom??????

B

bbooff

regarding the kernel.... if we use kernel nightelf is not better then kernel 62???what i mean if i using nightelf kernel can i just flash the u're rom??????

Hybrom is built without a boot image, and it can be installed on an any stock based kernel.
The choice about what kernel you will install is up to you.I prefer kernels without overclocking.
In the end you will have more disadvantages from an overclocked kernel (overheating, instability) than advantages (speed)

umarian

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
I agree;i use boof kernel and everythings work perfect.

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
I always wondered how will Diezel's Sony Sketch font look on our large screens :)
p.s. that font is not used in SE logo, it's created later based on look of SE logo ;)
SE logo was made just as a logo, it was drawn.

To be honest it's a bit thin :) Not sure if we(on android) can change size,formatting of fonts.

The icons in the status bar look blurry because i did't have time to resize them.
By the way, the resize of the icons is almost ready and i will probably release a flashable zip with the fix soon enough...
Looking forward to see that, as when using this rom I feel somehow strange, like things aren't properly sized :)
Also in sms, icon in upper right part, for new sms, is a bit to large. Same thing happened when I tried using conv. app from xperia S.

Please give some feedback on some other important issues like stability, speed, smoother scrolling, better touchscreen responsiveness, etc in comparison with stock firmware...
-stability, hm ok didn't experience any problem.
-speed, speed of each app is ok, but switching between apps is slow, I would say to slow. for example when i receive sms and pull down status bar, click on it, sometimes it need 2,3 second to switch to sms.
-smooth scrolling is ok (why just ok? well maybe didn't pay much attention to that :) )
-touchscreen responsiveness, well I noticed one annoying thing, usually on stock, when light turns off ->touchscreen is off, and you can wake your phone with only hard keys. In your rom you can wake phone even touching on (turned off)screen :) which lasts only 2-3 second after it turns off. That wouldn't be a big problem if not only you wake it up but you actually press something :)

Also I noticed low number of free ram, I guess it's because of launcher and maybe other stuff you used.

B

bbooff

I always wondered how will Diezel's Sony Sketch font look on our large screens :)
p.s. that font is not used in SE logo, it's created later based on look of SE logo ;)
SE logo was made just as a logo, it was drawn.

To be honest it's a bit thin :) Not sure if we(on android) can change size,formatting of fonts.

Looking forward to see that, as when using this rom I feel somehow strange, like things aren't properly sized :)
Also in sms, icon in upper right part, for new sms, is a bit to large. Same thing happened when I tried using conv. app from xperia S.

-stability, hm ok didn't experience any problem.
-speed, speed of each app is ok, but switching between apps is slow, I would say to slow. for example when i receive sms and pull down status bar, click on it, sometimes it need 2,3 second to switch to sms.
-smooth scrolling is ok (why just ok? well maybe didn't pay much attention to that :) )
-touchscreen responsiveness, well I noticed one annoying thing, usually on stock, when light turns off ->touchscreen is off, and you can wake your phone with only hard keys. In your rom you can wake phone even touching on (turned off)screen :) which lasts only 2-3 second after it turns off. That wouldn't be a big problem if not only you wake it up but you actually press something :)

Also I noticed low number of free ram, I guess it's because of launcher and maybe other stuff you used.

About sonysketch font:I really didn't know which of the two came first.The logo or the font...
Useful information.
About icon resizing:Icons in the SystemUI.apk are resized and a flashable zip containing the new resized SystemUI.apk is uploaded on the first page of this thread under the "USEFUL CWM FLASHABLE ZIPS" section(SystemUI.apk is the one responsible mostly for the icons in your status bar).Framework-res.apk is now under resizing and it's half done.One or two more apks. and everything will be o.k.
About conversations.apk:The icon (for new conversation) is like the one from xperia s because this is the xperia s conversations.apk.It has nothing to do with resizing...
About screen going off:The screen after about 20sec gets dimmer.It doesn't turn off.It turns off after 30 sec.In this 10sec interval you have the chance to fully wake your screen only by touching it.After the 30sec have passed you will have to press the (hard) home key to wake your screen.
About free ram:Please give me some numbers... (I already have improved this feature in the upcoming v16)

P.S. i do not own an mt11i,so testing is very hard (a friend of mine owns an mt11i,but i do not see him often).So, posts like the previous one, are very useful for me.Please give me some more feedback and i may be able to bring neohybrom at the levels of the original hybrom...

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
About screen going off:The screen after about 20sec gets dimmer.It doesn't turn off.It turns off after 30 sec.In this 10sec interval you have the chance to fully wake your screen only by touching it.After the 30sec have passed you will have to press the (hard) home key to wake your screen.
About free ram:Please give me some numbers... (I already have improved this feature in the upcoming v16)

About screen, if you didn't changed levels, it should dim like stock, right? I know about that, but I'm not talking about that.
I'm talking that when screen goes off(really off, no dim) you can still wake up phone by touching screen.

About rams, hm, I moved back to stock, so can't check real numbers, but I remember after some time it gets down to ~70-80, it doesn't get freeup, and i didn't even used much apps, regular calls,sms,gtalk, 1-2 times browser.
only after I use one of those widgets from GO(sorry don't know name, as I don't use it usually) to kill apps, it only goes to ~130.