Clean smoke odor off nexus 5 back

Search This thread

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
Anybody know how to remove the cigarette smoke odor from the back.

I've tried white vinegar and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't go away.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 5013759

Huh? Mine doesn't really smell like that.. But I never have the Cigarette in my hand while also holding my Nexus with the same hand. If you do that it will obviously smell like your fingers - or worse.
Anyway.. I'd try a pure squeeze of lemon juice. If that doesn't work, do the hardcore method: use perfume.

~Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5~

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
Hey guys, I don't smoke. I got this phone from a person who took it out of the box while he was smoking.

I can't seem to believe he opened the sealed box and took out the phone which ended up ruining the device.

Something I had never thought would happen, since I don't smoke. :(

I tried lemon juice, but it didn't work too. I've tried placing baking soda on the back (for 24 hours) as per someone's suggestions and that failed too!

It seems like the smell penetrated the surface of the device. Any helps guys?

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
Anybody have any suggestions?

Get a container with a cover, any cheap plastic container that will fit the device.

Put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the container. Shake it so it creates an even layer.

Put some rice, how much will depend on the size of the container, but you want about 1/4 inch layer.

Make a sort of pouch out of paper towels and put the device inside. Use tape to seal it so there are no open flaps.

Set the wrapped device on the rice. Don't bury it.

Leave it in the container for about 8hrs giving it a gentle shake every hour. Also press on the cover 5-10 times.

The baking soda will remove the stink.

The rice absorbs stink moisture and keeps the device out of the baking soda.

The paper towel just helps to assure no baking soda gets into the device but allows the air to move.

Shaking it every hour allows the air to move.

Pressing on the cover increases the air pressure so that air can get into the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
Get a container with a cover, any cheap plastic container that will fit the device.

Put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the container. Shake it so it creates an even layer.

Put some rice, how much will depend on the size of the container, but you want about 1/4 inch layer.

Make a sort of pouch out of paper towels and put the device inside. Use tape to seal it so there are no open flaps.

Leave it in the container for about 8hrs giving it a gentle shake every hour. Also press on the cover 5-10 times.

The paper towel just helps to assure no baking soda gets into the device but allows the air to move.

Pressing on the cover increases the air pressure so that air can get into the device.

Thanks for the informing reply. I'll tty this out and report back.

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012

Hi, I tried this out two times and most of the odor is gone.

However some of it, like 10% of it, remains specifically on the area below the camera.

Could you suggest me what I can do that may make it go away?

spg900ny

Hi, I tried this out two times and most of the odor is gone.

However some of it, like 10% of it, remains specifically on the area below the camera.

Could you suggest me what I can do that may make it go away?

Homemade Ozone Generator (do a search). Put both under a big plastic tub for an hour and it should be fine.

Or just give it some time. Will probably eventually dissipate. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cigarette smoke makes everything smell like crap and continue to smell like crap. Quit smoking.