[Updated 05-Oct-2008] CRCs Release 14.1 Development Thread - Build 20755

Search This thread

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
Guys, does this version include the new icons for programs and the start button like the PDACorner roms, or does it still have the old ones like v12.9?
Anyone tried this rom with the addition of 2D Manilla, any comments on how good it works on this release?

Cheers guys

it has combination of icons from his own and abusalza's but you can update your own start icons with these skins

davey33

Aug 27, 2008
middlesbrough
14.1 rom update

for some reason whilst playing solitaire on my spv today it crashed not a problem i thought until i had done a soft reset and my device went through the whole set up procedure then noticed all programs i had installed through device update had been uninstalled never had this happen before any ideas why is it because its still in development stage?:confused:

Phones: Orange HTC Touch Diamond
Rom: SwiftBL Diamond V7.5 Full (16 mb Pagepool)
Rom Date : 05/10/08.
Radio: 1.00.25.08
HSPL : 1.40 OliNex.
Diamond SIM/CID/Security Unlocker.

Orange SPV M3100 ( Hermes 100 )
Rom : CRC's r14.1 Developers Edition
Rom Date : 05/10/08.
Radio : 1.56.70.11
HSPL : 1.40 Olipro.
Hermes SIM/CID/Security Unlocker.

antomario

Jul 23, 2007
CRC's is the best!

Hello and congratulations to all! this is my first message.
I'm Antonello I'm Italian.
Few days ago I installed your version r14.0..wonderful!!
My Htc never was so fast, especially the phone!
I want to tell you some things,
1)the most important, when i make a videocall the 2nd cam don't work, and after the vcall the 1st cam don't work too!
after soft reset return to work correctly.
2)the game mineswiper does not work, don't start!
I don't know if you have solved it in r14.1..
I hope that it can be useful for the next version!

see you soon!

Last edited:

xternal

Jan 3, 2007
Hey CRC,
Love your roms, thanks so much for all the effort.
Im currently using 13, and it is perfect except 1 thing :)

The battery low notification at 20% ****s me to tears. I know this is windows mobile default, however some other roms include a method to turn it off in sounds and notifcations.
I have tried the registry edit to add it to your rom, and the option appears in sounds & notifications, however it appears to make no difference no matter what i set.
Was just wondering if perhaps you knew anymore about this, or if it needs to be baked into the rom to work...

Thread here about the registry edit
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=331288

Just a thought if you had time to play around with it, as i can't get it to work for the life of me :confused: Keep up the good work though! :)

Thanks!

fm02ppc

Oct 18, 2007
Battery Issue
I'm currently using 14.1 and note that the battery indicator does not seem to work properly. After fully charged, it quickly drops to 90-95% and after 10-15 minutes of internet surfing, it further drops to about 30-40%. But once I do a soft reset, it goes back to 50%-60%. I'm not sure whether it is the problem with the indicator or with my batteries (I have 2 batteries which I use alternatively for almost 2 years already). Thanks!

fm02ppc

Oct 18, 2007
Battery Issue
I'm currently using 14.1 and note that the battery indicator does not seem to work properly. After fully charged, it quickly drops to 90-95% and after 10-15 minutes of internet surfing, it further drops to about 30-40%. But once I do a soft reset, it goes back to 50%-60%. I'm not sure whether it is the problem with the indicator or with my batteries (I have 2 batteries which I use alternatively for almost 2 years already). Thanks!

austinsmartie

Dec 5, 2007
CRCinAU Device Update Error

Hi - I continually receive this error when trying to download applications: "An unexpected error has occurred in CRCinAU.exe" When I choose Details on the error, I get a list of errors starting with "CRCinAU.exe NotSupportedException at System.Net.WebRequest.Create....."

I have tried to use the updater with a couple of different CRC ROM versions, including 13 and 14.1 and I get the same results. I have also tried selecting different applications from the list singly and in combination with the same result.

I am running a Hermes100 (Cingular 8525) with HardSPL.

I get the error regardless of whether I am trying to access Device Update via WiFi or ActiveSync.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

austinsmartie

ROM CRCs r14.1
Radio version: 1.54.07.00

Last edited:

papageoff

Oct 3, 2006
Hi - I continually receive this error when trying to download applications: "An unexpected error has occurred in CRCinAU.exe" When I choose Details on the error, I get a list of errors starting with "CRCinAU.exe NotSupportedException at System.Net.WebRequest.Create....."

I have tried to use the updater with a couple of different CRC ROM versions, including 13 and 14.1 and I get the same results. I have also tried selecting different applications from the list singly and in combination with the same result.

I get the error regardless of whether I am trying to access Device Update via WiFi or ActiveSync.

Thanks,

austinsmartie

I also get this same error. It is kind of annoying at times. But, the software is so darned cool I just can't complain.

Cingular 8525
CRC 13 NBS
1.54.something or another. I can check later.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au

Thanks,

austinsmartie

ROM CRCs r14.1
Radio version: 1.54.07.00

This error happens when you go to download a file and the download fails or the application cannot connect to the internet...

When this happens, try to visit www.crc.id.au on your phones browser and see if it loads...

austinsmartie

Dec 5, 2007
That's strange. At first the web address wouldn't resolve. I stopped the browser and then reloaded. I see the blog now at that address, but the Device Update application still will not work. It will successfully load the index data and display the available updates. It will let you select them. But when you attempt to install, the application returns those errors.

Last edited:

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
That's strange. At first the web address wouldn't resolve. I stopped the browser and then reloaded. I see the blog now at that address, but the Device Update application still will not work. It will successfully load the index data and display the available updates. It will let you select them. But when you attempt to install, the application returns those errors.

Can you PM me your IP address of your internet connection. I'll see which mirror you've been hitting and check to make sure there are no issues with that mirror...

ttsadaf

Oct 4, 2008
help me plz

hi!
thak u very much,i upgraded my wm5 to wm6 with CRCs ROM,and when i was updating my phone while installing it stops for a long time,i disconnect the phone from activesync then also it was hanged and then i restart phone but the phone is not working know the display is coming is CRCs ROM Loading..... what to do.plz help me
NOTE: Development and release chains have changed. Please read Post #3 in this thread for a run down of the changed.

This is the DEVELOPMENT release of my ROM, if you want the stable version, use this thread

Release 14.1 of this ROM includes:
* Windows Mobile 6.1 (CS OS 5.2.20755 (Build 20755.1.0.0))
* Telstra NextG support (Australia only)
* .Net framework 3.5
* 3G dialpad

Addons include:
* 1-Calc Lite
* 10 button HTC Touch comm manager
* ArcSoft MMS v5.0.31.11
* Camera 4.0 Build 28276
* HTC Network Wizard v1.0.31261.1
* HTC X-Button v2.1.33556.2
* MORE!

The following apps are installed from the Extended ROM or Device Update - meaning you can uninstall and not lose storage space:
* Office mobile 2007 (v6.1)
* Windows Live (10.6.34.0800)
* Cyberon Voice Commander (v2.0 Build 711091)

Tweaks included:
* 802.11g enabled
* Cleartype enabled in both normal and landscape mode
* SD Card power management fix
* Camera delay fix.
* HSDPA Icon enabled (Displays H when HSDPA is active instead of 3G)

Screenshots:
index.pl

Current development Version Downloads:
Release 14.1:
Normal - Naked - Naked Big Storage

Previous development versions:
Release 14.0:

Released Stable version 13.0

Release 12.11:

Release 12.10:

Release 12.9:

Release 12.8:

Release 12.7:
Rapidshare (please use this first)
Download from a mirror

Release 12.6:
Rapidshare (please use this first)
Download from a mirror

Release 12.5:
Rapidshare

Release 12.4:
Rapidshare

Release 12.3:
Rapidshare

Release 12.2:
Rapidshare

Release 12.1:
Rapidshare

Release 12.0:
Rapidshare

Release 10.8:
Rapidshare

Release 10.7:
Rapidshare

Release 10.6:
Rapidshare

Release 10.4:
Rapidshare

Release 10.3:
Rapidshare

Release 10.2:
Rapidshare

Release 10.1:
Rapidshare

chiekh

Apr 19, 2005
Bootloader

hi!
thak u very much,i upgraded my wm5 to wm6 with CRCs ROM,and when i was updating my phone while installing it stops for a long time,i disconnect the phone from activesync then also it was hanged and then i restart phone but the phone is not working know the display is coming is CRCs ROM Loading..... what to do.plz help me

Try to set your pda in bootloader mode on holding the power and ok button and the soft reset together. and try to flash it again and i hope that you have installed the hard spl before.

antomario

Jul 23, 2007
Re: ttsadaf

Hi ttsadaf..
you must tray to reistall CRC's rom..
with the usb in to the phone press: ok button, the button for stand-by and reset with the stilus..
when the phone restart there is the same immage that see when you put CRC's for the 1st time.
happened to me too, but I do not remember what version had this problem!
bye

mastermarv

Oct 4, 2006

...not working know the display is coming is CRCs ROM Loading..... what to do.plz help me

this is a bug in 14.1. do a hard reset then flash version 13 (the latest stabe version). maybe you should refrain from flashing development/beta roms. additionally make sure you have hardspl installed on your device.

AzN_devil

May 18, 2005

wallieballie

Jul 15, 2008
Installed Emertec Java through your device update program yesterday and now I cannot find Emertec's directory. Please lend me a hand!

Thanks you!

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
hey perhaps you could update device update with a new version of advancedconfig
http://www.touchxperience.com/en/advanced-configuration-tool/downloads.html

Done.

device update is also missing an alarm program =)
i personally like gAlarm
you can get it at http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download

and...when you select wmstorage 1.8 in device update it will ask you if you want to reboot before the device update program finishes installing all the updates selected after wmstorage

I'll let some of the guys that test the CABs for Device Update look at these... I'm a little snowed under at the moment as I have my CPL meteorology exam in 10 days :)

antomario

Jul 23, 2007
Videocall not work!

sorry if I write again ..
I would like to know if there is someone who can make video calls with CRC's 14.0 normal or if it's only my problem!
I can make a video call (so isn't a umts setting problem ) i can see the other person but my cam don't send immages!

I do not think that is a problem of settings..I try to look everywere in the phone setting..
some ideas?!?