android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem

Search This thread

imsoostupid

Aug 10, 2011
andriod.process.acore has stopped

okay so i got a binatone homesurf yesterday
when i got up this morning i got a message saying
sorry
the process andriod.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again . force close
and from this im in a repeatedly cycle of pressing force close
and i been veiwing the threads and one has the same problem as me but it say that i need to factory reset but i dont know how to factory reset can some one help me?

imsoostupid x

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
okay so i got a binatone homesurf yesterday
when i got up this morning i got a message saying
sorry
the process andriod.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again . force close
and from this im in a repeatedly cycle of pressing force close
and i been veiwing the threads and one has the same problem as me but it say that i need to factory reset but i dont know how to factory reset can some one help me?

imsoostupid x
First of all, you are not stupid :) I'm sorry, but what kind of phone are you using? I don't know what 'binatone homesurf' is?

imsoostupid

Aug 10, 2011
First of all, you are not stupid :) I'm sorry, but what kind of phone are you using? I don't know what 'binatone homesurf' is?

i dont know i think its the same as any andriod model
i cant use it, it just keeps saying that and when i press it, it keeps appearing
i dont want to get a new one (only had it one day :( ) so i dont know what to do ... its so hard ...

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
i dont know i think its the same as any andriod model
i cant use it, it just keeps saying that and when i press it, it keeps appearing
i dont want to get a new one (only had it one day :( ) so i dont know what to do ... its so hard ...
The phone has a manufacturer, it should be right on the face of it - in any event, from the launcher, press Menu, Settings, Privacy, and then Factory data reset. This will wipe your phone clean, so be sure you've got backups of any important data. This includes your contacts, set them to synch with Google so you don't lose them. Then doe the factory reset and it should solve your problem.

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
thats well and everything
but one problem i cant get onto my menu let alone setting any ideas?
Can you get your phone into recovery? You can factory reset from there, too. I have no idea what Android version you're on there, so I don't know which button combo to recommend.....do you have access to ADB? Do you know how to use it? If you do, you can get into recovery that way, too.

Reactions: imsoostupid

imsoostupid

Aug 10, 2011
Can you get your phone into recovery? You can factory reset from there, too. I have no idea what Android version you're on there, so I don't know which button combo to recommend.....do you have access to ADB? Do you know how to use it? If you do, you can get into recovery that way, too.

no sorry i dont
and i dont know what recovery thingy is either ... that proves i am stupid :(

imsoostupid

Aug 10, 2011
I formated it on my laptop by mistake the other day after trying to figure out things on it
could this be the problem?
if so can i fix it and how?

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
I formated it on my laptop by mistake the other day after trying to figure out things on it
could this be the problem?
if so can i fix it and how?
Sadly I think someone who is more familiar with your phone is going to have to help you. I'm not all that good at Android yet myself, just what I've learned hanging around here....I plugged 'binatone homesurf' into the search engine here and got these results. I don't know if anything there can help you, or you can find a more appropriate thread to post this in. Is it a tablet?

Last edited:

daniel_irias

Sep 7, 2008
I'm using a Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 updated to Gingerbread ROM.
This morning my phone was working fine but, from a moment to another the message "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" appears and wipes all my contacts from every account (google, facebook and Phone... and whatsapp)

How i can see this is a problem not from the phone... is a problem on the roms or the version 2.3 from Android...

I'm lucky! i have my contacs synchronized with outlook! :D

mmmm.. i forget tell you something:

RESTART THE PHONE: PROBLEM UNSOLVED

Last edited:

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
I'm using a Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 updated to Gingerbread ROM.
This morning my phone was working fine but, from a moment to another the message "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" appears and wipes all my contacts from every account (google, facebook and Phone... and whatsapp)

How i can see this is a problem not from the phone... is a problem on the roms or the version 2.3 from Android...

I'm lucky! i have my contacs synchronized with outlook! :D

mmmm.. i forget tell you something:

RESTART THE PHONE: PROBLEM UNSOLVED

Unfortunately you'll have to do a reflash, that seems to be the only way to fix it.

Sent from a state of Serendipity

jrbooth3

May 4, 2010
I was having the same issue where certain contacts were giving me a android.process.acore stopped and force close. I uninstalled facebook and the problem was resolved.

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
I was having the same issue where certain contacts were giving me a android.process.acore stopped and force close. I uninstalled facebook and the problem was resolved.
Interesting....it seems different things can cause this. I've never once synched my contacts with any FB contacts (I don't need to call most of them, those that I do are already 'real life' friends or family). The first time this happened to me I was stock and unrooted; I never figured out how it happened. It's why I ended up flashing a custom ROM, it was the only thing that fixed it!

enos_feedler

Nov 12, 2011
I also had this same problem on samsung galaxy s2. going into facebook app, open settings, and remove facebook data from contacts fixed this. I am pretty sure this is do to some malformed/unexpected json/xml in the contact's properties. In my case this happened to be set by the facebook app. In theory I think any contact sync could cause this. If you have this problem I would recommend unsyncing contact info from various apps until the problem goes away.

enos_feedler

Nov 12, 2011
I also had this same problem on samsung galaxy s2. going into facebook app, open settings, and remove facebook data from contacts fixed this. I am pretty sure this is do to some malformed/unexpected json/xml in the contact's properties. In my case this happened to be set by the facebook app. In theory I think any contact sync could cause this. If you have this problem I would recommend unsyncing contact info from various apps until the problem goes away.

Just an update.. changing the facebook setting only fixed some of my contacts. What I needed to do was go into settings -> applications -> manage applications -> select 'all' tab -> contacts storage -> clear data. Only do this if you sync your contact data from external sources. This wiped out all my existing data and forced a re-sync with all source EXCEPT facebook since i disabled contact sync. No more corrupt contact data.

capostat

Nov 27, 2011
I tried to install a rom, and I couldn't do anything after I unlocked the screen. It kept popping up.

I'm glad I was able to get to uncheck the fastboot option and get back to clockworkmod. I was really scared for a minute.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Unfortunately you'll have to do a reflash, that seems to be the only way to fix it.

Sent from a state of Serendipity

Yippee! it worked for me!

Kumetto

Nov 25, 2010
Buffalo
For furture ref

I know there hasn't been much activity here but for future ref...

If android.process.acore FC force close get it in "airplane" mode you'll then be able work with the phone & it wont keep popping up on you.

Note if you can put the airplane toggle in the notification pull down i'd suggest doing so - it minimized my headache. Rooted Hero.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How bizarre!

Tried it now and no problem, fantastic!

From one of those links....

"Lots of people getting it - seems like it could be a Facebook api change if you look at that thread."

I guess with the hero being SO connected with the web, a lot more than just the phone can break things. Ah well.

Thanks deeren.
    Hi all, hoping you can help with a problem I'm having.

Basically, my Hero was fine, working perfectly, until I cleverly managed to lock myself out of it by getting the security swipe wrong too many times.

Long story short, I did a factory reset (had only got the phone that day so didn't seem like a big deal to lose anything).

I rebooted it, contacts came back down through google, everything fine. Then I started getting this message when connecting contacts to facebook or viewing the 'my contact card'.

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem, force close

If I log out of facebook then I don't get the problem, but I'd like the facebook functionality. When I'm logged into facebook some contacts display facebook info, some don't.

My first thought was a dodgy contact, but all the contacts are the same as the first time I sync'd with google, so nothing should be wrong there I hope.

Anyway, any ideas?
    Same problem

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I also posted a question regarding this problem yesterday in the forum but up until now I have received any answers. I also send an email to HTC support but haven't heard from them yet. I suggest you do the same, this way they can't say that this is a one time problem ;-)
    I was about to do a factory reset, but now I am afraid that this isn't going to solve my problem. My phone has been working without any problems for 2 weeks with a lot of facebook people synchronised to my contacts. I think that 1of the facebook contacts has some illegal character is its name or description and thus giving this error.

Spoke to soon. This is the reply from HTC. But it isn't that helpfull I am afraid ;-(

Dear HTC customer,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns.

Thank you for your feedback, please try to do a hard reset of your phone to see if that solves the problem. You can do this by:

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME and BACK buttons, and then briefly press the END CALL/POWER button. The reset process will start after a few seconds.
    2. Wait for the phone to finish the reset process and then press MENU.

If this does not solve the problem there should be a ROM update for the Hero coming out soon which could contain a fix for the problem. Try the hard reset if it doesn’t work keep an eye on htc.com for the ROM upgrade for the Hero.

If the above steps do not resolve your issue, we invite you to visit the support area on our Web site. Please go to: http://www.htc.com/www/support.aspx

Or you can go to: http://www.htc.com/select_country.htm, select your country and then click on the Support tab.

You can also call our Call Center at: +46-85-055-6438 if you have further questions.

Thank you once again for your continued patronage.

Best regards,
    Europe customer support team
    HTC Corp. Global Service Division
    Android bug

The problem occurs due to a bug in android , when you have saved a contact's birthday as 29 Feb, which occurs only in leap years. temporary solution is to change the birth date to any other date until google releases a fix .