[Q] Titan Sim Unlock

Search This thread

gritboyweir

Mar 27, 2010
Hi All,
I need to unlock my AT&T HTC Titan for a trip out of the US and I called ATT and they told me I cant get a code until December NEXT year. I won't start a thread about how much that irritates me.
But I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked theirs using a 3rd party unlock service and if so, who did you use?
I tried a couple that do 'pre-lookups' and they told me they don't have it - now I am waiting for one that takes your money first and then refunds you if they cant do it.

Anyone unlocked their ATT Titan?

tai4de2

Feb 10, 2008
Unlocked mine with htcimeiunlock.com. Their "pre-unlock" told me they had it and after paying I had it within 10 minutes.

iCracked

Sep 18, 2010
Hi All,
I need to unlock my AT&T HTC Titan for a trip out of the US and I called ATT and they told me I cant get a code until December NEXT year. I won't start a thread about how much that irritates me.
But I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked theirs using a 3rd party unlock service and if so, who did you use?
I tried a couple that do 'pre-lookups' and they told me they don't have it - now I am waiting for one that takes your money first and then refunds you if they cant do it.

Does installing a custom ROM unlocks SIM?

OK, so I got my unlock code from cellunlock.net with a 50% off coupon (android50)

No, flashing a rom will not unlock a phone.

GekkoAce

Dec 26, 2010
Unlock for FREEEEE from At&t

Hi All,

If you've been an At&t customer for a reasonable amount of time, try logging in to attwireless.com,
click on "Wireless account: 29804xxxxxxx"
then scroll down to where you see a picture of your phone, click "My Phone/Device"
then you should see on the page "Unblock SIM card", Click that link and a popup should give you the unlock code. **Write down that code.**
When you get a Sim card for a different company and put it in your phone it will prompt you for that code. Enter it and you're forever unlocked, even if you update your Windows Phone software.

I have only had my Titan for 2 weeks after upgrading and I have this feature available to me already.

Hope that helps! Thanks At&t for being so great and finally giving out unlock codes!! :D

att_unlock.jpg

Last edited:

Balmador

Nov 29, 2009
PUK code and a SIM unlock code are 2 different things. PUK code WILL NOT not unlock the phone so you can use another carriers SIM

pithanks

Mar 6, 2008
Unlock code is permanent on your titan? Mine is ATT titan and unlock code works but I need to enter the unlock code in every bootup. What happens? :(

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

nkamurlekar

May 29, 2005
exactly, mine ATT Titan will ask for network unlock code after every reboot... hmmm this is disgusting.

tai4de2

Feb 10, 2008
Sure you're not confusing "unlock codes?" There are a few different kinds.

Once you enter a subsidy unlock code, it should be permanent. On the other hand, SIM PIN codes, PUKs, etc. are something that has to be entered each time you boot (or in some cases, each time you turn the screen on).

nocloo

Feb 15, 2011
Well, you can try to buy from the guy in the UK for 1.49 pounds on Ebay, or $2.44 USD. Not free, but it's cheap enough ... and it works for me (Titan II). The US sellers try to ask me $14-$20 for the same code. Don't buy from them.
--

chester_b

Jun 10, 2012
Hi everyone!
Have anybody found solution of at&t lock on titan? I've bought unlock code from ebay but it works only until I reboot the phone. Some ideas?

Recently, I've bought three of HTC Titans from eBay. Seller told me that they all are unlocked. In fact, two of it was unlocked, third - not. If he unlocked two of it so thats mean that PERMANENT unlock are real. Specs of these 3 HTCs are the same (firmware, bootloader, etc)

Last edited: