HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Search This thread

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
Gizmodo did a camera test. Yes gizmodo. Test weren't perfect but the gs3 is didnt do to well. Nexus 4 too lol. Most of them didn't do well in low light except like the iphone and the lumnia 920

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

kalapa

Oct 16, 2011
Paso Robles, CA
I'll be real tempted to get it but I wish it had a bigger display. I came from an original Evo 4G to my Note 2.. and while I loved my Evo, and everything about HTC, I really can't see myself going back to a device less than 5" any more.

Demon-BSEU

Dec 1, 2012
Minsk
I will definitely buy it

I will definitely buy it! At once it appeared in the shop!
Why not! I adore hardware and software of HTC!
I don't consider that if the current version of android is 4.2 all smartphones should run on it. The perfomance of Android version + Sense is the much better for me than the newest updated Android version without Sense.
You know all my previous Android phones were HTC (Desire, Sensation, One X) and when I bought Nexus 10 I was shocked that I don't have a lot of useful soft from the box!!! E.g. there is no mail client in play market which can be comparable to Sense mail client. I have tried ALL OF THEM!

The design of One is gorgeous. I fell in love with it. I am sure that many Samsung fans also consider so and would like to buy it now! But when on 14 of March S4 will be announced they will change their opinion and will buy S4. Because Samsung will have a little more MHz, mAh and so one.
And most will buy plastic usual S4. Thats the reality.

But for my none of Samsung phoneы has the soul! And HTC does! When you take HTC in your hand you feel that you take high-quality product. I am pretty sure that S4 won't have the sole as well. I want metallic HTC One right now! I cant wait till March :)

Reactions: NiCk.JaY

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Gizmodo did a camera test.

GSMArena, Anandtech, and SweDroid are the three sites that do comprehensive standardized testing. The SGS3's camera was generally perceived better than the One X's. The biggest issue with the One X's camera was noise. Pics looked fine on the device but when you looked at them enlarged on a PC they were pretty grainy. Here's what GSMArena said about the two cameras. And looking ahead it’s completely meaningless as HTC’s introduced a totally new tri-senor camera while Samsung will most likely use Sony’s brand new 13MP Exmor RS sensor.

Photo quality comparison

We have the Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X in our Photo comparison tool. The tool's page will give you the full details and it's where you can make the most comprehensive observations on the cameras involved in this shootout.

The Galaxy S III uses its resolution advantage to easily outdo the HTC One X in the first two charts. The two are much more evenly matched on the last studio challenge, but the S III shot has far less noise there.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759p5.php

Comparing how a device fares when it’s dropped is kind of useless. It all depends on how it lands. Neither the One X or SGS3 seemed to immolate when dropped so they're about even.

The One X had issues; a poll in their forum had 1/3 of owners reporting one or more problems. The DNA/Butterfly has fared much better with only a handful of build or QC issues being reported. So hopefully the One takes after the DNA/Butterfly. It's way too early to say how the One will compare to older phones and especially to phones that aren't in people's hands yet. Comparing the One to a SGS3 is kind of dumb. Who would buy an SGS3 over either the XZ, One, or SGS4? And the design, specs, and functionality of the SGS4 are completely unknown (aside from rumors) so comparing something that's defined to something that isn't won't get anyone far.

The 2012 One's were great phones and were reviewed well (critical success) but no one bought them and 2012 was HTC's worst year in a string of yearly declines (commercial failure). On paper, the One's a fantastic device. The real test of its success (and HTC's future existence) is how well it sells in the face of stiff competition from Samsung, Sony, LG, and eventually Motorola.

Super Chimp

Nov 5, 2008
GSMArena, Anandtech, and SweDroid are the three sites that do comprehensive standardized testing. The SGS3's camera was generally perceived better than the One X's. The biggest issue with the One X's camera was noise. Pics looked fine on the device but when you looked at them enlarged on a PC they were pretty grainy. Here's what GSMArena said about the two cameras. And looking ahead it’s completely meaningless as HTC’s introduced a totally new tri-senor camera while Samsung will most likely use Sony’s brand new 13MP Exmor RS sensor.

Photo quality comparison

We have the Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X in our Photo comparison tool. The tool's page will give you the full details and it's where you can make the most comprehensive observations on the cameras involved in this shootout.

The Galaxy S III uses its resolution advantage to easily outdo the HTC One X in the first two charts. The two are much more evenly matched on the last studio challenge, but the S III shot has far less noise there.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759p5.php

Comparing how a device fares when it’s dropped is kind of useless. It all depends on how it lands. Neither the One X or SGS3 seemed to immolate when dropped so they're about even.

The One X had issues; a poll in their forum had 1/3 of owners reporting one or more problems. The DNA/Butterfly has fared much better with only a handful of build or QC issues being reported. So hopefully the One takes after the DNA/Butterfly. It's way too early to say how the One will compare to older phones and especially to phones that aren't in people's hands yet. Comparing the One to a SGS3 is kind of dumb. Who would buy an SGS3 over either the XZ, One, or SGS4? And the design, specs, and functionality of the SGS4 are completely unknown (aside from rumors) so comparing something that's defined to something that isn't won't get anyone far.

The 2012 One's were great phones and were reviewed well (critical success) but no one bought them and 2012 was HTC's worst year in a string of yearly declines (commercial failure). On paper, the One's a fantastic device. The real test of its success (and HTC's future existence) is how well it sells in the face of stiff competition from Samsung, Sony, LG, and eventually Motorola.

One of the main reasons that Samsung & Apple sell their products is their huge marketing spends. It seems to me part of the issue with HTC is that it just cannot compete in this area.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
One of the main reasons that Samsung & Apple sell their products is their huge marketing spends. It seems to me part of the issue with HTC is that it just cannot compete in this area.

HTC's market capitalization (the value of the company) is $8B USD. Samsung spent $12B USD in global marketing and promotion in 2012. They also spend a similar amount for R&D. HTC’s got a tough road to hoe.

Super Chimp

Nov 5, 2008
HTC's market capitalization (the value of the company) is $8B USD. Samsung spent $12B USD in global marketing and promotion in 2012. They also spend a similar amount for R&D. HTC’s got a tough road to hoe.

All I ever see is advert after advert for Samsung phones or the iPhone literally year round. You might see a few ads for HTC when they have a new device out but that often seems to be it.

jsrober

Apr 29, 2008
No Thank you!

I won't be buying the HTC One.

I hate the long delays for updates and I really hate how HTC treats developers.

I've been waiting to buy a new phone until the HTC One was released. But with no removable battery, no MicroSD, and it's high price, I won't be buying it.

I need T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling so I can't buy a Nexus 4. I'm going to buy a Galaxy S III instead.

$99 from staples with new 2-year contract. Cancel the contract and pay $200 termination. $300 for a new phone seems reasonable to me.

I have owned and loved many HTC phones: HTC Sensation, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile SDA. HTC hardware was great, but they've lost their groove. It stinks because Samsung needs a good competitor to keep them honest.

John

sandeep.mjs

Mar 25, 2012
kapurthala

Yep! Agree. Samsung is spending ever more than iphone in case of marketing. Here in India you can lot of adverting on TV and many more places. HTC lack in marketing. People need to know the devices before they get in store. I know some stores in India where till this date they dont have HTC One X+ on display.

Super Chimp

Nov 5, 2008
Yep! Agree. Samsung is spending ever more than iphone in case of marketing. Here in India you can lot of adverting on TV and many more places. HTC lack in marketing. People need to know the devices before they get in store. I know some stores in India where till this date they dont have HTC One X+ on display.

Depressing isn't it if the mobile market becomes overly dominated by just two brands.

Kickasskev

Jul 31, 2010
Sunderland
I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Soo........... I think im gonna say no this time

Also has the one x even achieved S-Off yet???????

Reactions: ANDROID-81

ANDROID-81

Jul 23, 2011
I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Totally agree

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington

I'd say this is far likelier to get S-OFF every HTC phone which has had a qualcomm processor has had S-OFF. The sensation, One XL, One S, Evo LTE. Seen as this uses a snapdragon processor I have high hopes :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
    HTC was wrong too with the failure to update our sensation of jelly beans
    yeah i'm not buying it either. i don't trust hTC neither with software nor hardware anymore. for example, the sensation didn't get jellybean while it's definitely capable. Second, the speaker in it sucks (fact), battery calibration is always wrong, changing the digitizer 90% of the times gives you a faulty screen (even with an OEM part coz i got one and my screen acts CrAzY). Now, with the One X, the Tegra 3 sucked so bad that dropping the phone one time had the screen never to turn again unless you push the back casing exactly where the chip is. 20% of the first two shipments of One X's had that issue, not to forget the lousy cellular+WiFi reception. hTC never replied to the complains and assumed people's money as trash. then came the One X+ that made ALL One X holders so freaking mad...as hTC had officially whop it's 3-months-only so called flagship....

the sensation still is a good device, so i'm not changing it for the time being, but if i would, definitely no hTC for me, thank you. The HD2 ride was a one of a kind that will never repeat itself with hTC.
    i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
    I have to agree with this. Before I bought this phone I had a Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 was amazing but unfortunately due to a hardware issue it got broken. Then I bought HTC because I wanted to try another brand. HTC's quality of the smartphone is great as well as their HTC Sense, but I feel more comfortable with the Galaxy S2.

I also hate the fact you have to S-OFF/Unlock bootloader, flash 4EXT recovery and then flash root. For example on the Galaxy S2 it was way easier. You just downloaded a custom kernel, flashed it and voila, you're rooted and got a custom recovery.

Earlier today I read an article about the HTC One aswell, but on a dutch website. It would cost 699 euros. Are you kidding me? 699 euros for a smartphone? You can buy lots of other great things with that and you can still have a great phone (For example Nexus 4 which is sold in Germany for 395 euros. 699-395 = 304 euros)

I'm saving my money right now for a Nexus 4 and get it. Like I already said HTC's build quality is great. It feels solid, but inside of the phone it could be better.
    HELL YES.

My HTC Sensation has performed flawlessly for the last 18 months, I love how many devs are cooking custom ROMs for it, I've never had a single issue that couldn't be resolved with a ROM reflash.

The HTC One looks amazing, outperforms anything currently available to date, and has a screen to die for.

The only thing that could potentially change my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S4, but unless it massively outperforms the One in every area or comes with an app that gives me oral sex on demand I'll definitely be signing up for a HTC One.
    It is a powerful and beautiful phone but with HTC's behaviour over updates nowadays, it is a difficult choice. Also, this new camera that is 4mp, I wonder how the picture with be when zoomed. I zoom pictures a lot when I am editing which is why I like the 13mp cameras. It is not just about quality for me but also size after zooming.