Problem with SMS and Google voice default setting

Search This thread

luckybun

Dec 18, 2012
I can't for the life of me figure out how to use Google Voice as my default SMS app. My Note 3 and every other phone I've used in the past few years has all had this as an option. I don't really want to use hangouts as it's just not really setup as a SMS app yet.

Anyone else have this issue or a possible solutions?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.
I can't for the life of me figure out how to use Google Voice as my default SMS app. My Note 3 and every other phone I've used in the past few years has all had this as an option. I don't really want to use hangouts as it's just not really setup as a SMS app yet.

Cant you just set Google voice typing as the default keyboard?.

NickStarr

Apr 27, 2011
I've been searching around and it seems that this is an issue for all S5's no matter the carrier. I'm experiencing the same issue on my T-Mobile S5. It sucks because I can't get my Google Glass to send messages from Google Voice anymore.

Hopefully Samsung will fix this asap.

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.
I've been searching around and it seems that this is an issue for all S5's no matter the carrier. I'm experiencing the same issue on my T-Mobile S5. It sucks because I can't get my Google Glass to send messages from Google Voice anymore.

Hopefully Samsung will fix this asap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I don't have it either and just flashed the first official 4.4.2 to my note2 and it's not there either so maybe it's a change to the newer 4.4.2 firmwares.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thanks mate. I try to please where I can:D