HD Voice / Microphone

Search This thread

painkillaz

Nov 22, 2007
Frisco
Anyone get to use HD voice yet? Me and my dad both got the G3 and when I talked to him I'm not too happy, he sounded louder and closer (for lack of a better description) to the phone but it made for an unpleasant experience. Also, when I'm talking to my gf (she has an iPhone on a different carrier..ie no hd voice) half the time she can't really understand me and says my iPhone (work cell on Verizon) sounds wayy better. Anyone having a similar experience?

rezistrat

Feb 5, 2009
I third this! Call my wife's cell and half the time its choppy reception not happy with the calls so far

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

n00b1269

Feb 18, 2010
Charleston, WV
It IS the hardware. The problems with the pops and static disappeared when I received my replacement device.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
I think the HD Voice rocks. I get better calls all the way around. If Im talking Sprint to Sprint on HD it's crystal clear. Sounds like the usual round of flawed devices made their way out just like any launch day phone. Best of luck to you guys!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

cervantesmx

Apr 6, 2012
HD Voice has been great for me as well. I got my wife a G3 when I got mine and everytime I call her we are on HD Voice and the audio quality is much higher than a reg call. I would dare say that audio quality when on HD Voice is so good that it is comparable to that of Skype. I'm loving it.

Have not had any issues hearing anybody or anybody complaining about the way they hear me. No issues with calls, period.

Reactions: thunderwagn

painkillaz

Nov 22, 2007
Frisco
HD Voice has been great for me as well. I got my wife a G3 when I got mine and everytime I call her we are on HD Voice and the audio quality is much higher than a reg call. I would dare say that audio quality when on HD Voice is so good that it is comparable to that of Skype. I'm loving it.

Have not had any issues hearing anybody or anybody complaining about the way they hear me. No issues with calls, period.

Is there any icon or notification showing that you're using HD Voice? I see where it says attempting but it disappears afterwards

thunder1979

Aug 18, 2011
For those experiencing popping and cracking...

In the dialer go to menu - - > call settings and un-check voice enhancement. You will still get HD voice, but it drastically reduced the popping and cracking for me. I have a feeling it a noise cancelation feature that is faulty. Probably need people to demonstrate it at Sprint stores and get some tickets opened up to get visibility for the issue.

Reactions: painkillaz
Is there any icon or notification showing that you're using HD Voice? I see where it says attempting but it disappears afterwards

aza7unur.jpg

Last edited:

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado

Same here. Best I've experienced in any phone to date. I've got Verizon as well thru work and this is hands down crisper. I think once sprint has finished upgrading their network they're gonna be a serious contender.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

aza7unur.jpg

For those experiencing popping and cracking...

In the dialer go to menu - - > call settings and un-check voice enhancement. You will still get HD voice, but it drastically reduced the popping and cracking for me. I have a feeling it a noise cancelation feature that is faulty. Probably need people to demonstrate it at Sprint stores and get some tickets opened up to get visibility for the issue.