Swype is missing?

Search This thread

albo23

Jan 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just got my T-989 back from repair from Samsung and I noticed Swype is missing. It is not in any of the options. How can I get it back?

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just got my T-989 back from repair from Samsung and I noticed Swype is missing. It is not in any of the options. How can I get it back?

If you just google "swype", you can install the beta from the website. If you ever install a custom ROM, a lot of them don't come with swype installed so that's how you would get it back in that instance also.

J

jdubb1106

Hey bro honestly the easiest way to do this is open a ROM you have downloaded and goto system app and look for Swype in the zip pull from the zip and put in your sys app and reboot

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

albo23

Jan 15, 2012
If you just google "swype", you can install the beta from the website. If you ever install a custom ROM, a lot of them don't come with swype installed so that's how you would get it back in that instance also.
I can't do that because apparently Swype is pre-installed in SGSII even though it is not on my phone.

Hey bro honestly the easiest way to do this is open a ROM you have downloaded and goto system app and look for Swype in the zip pull from the zip and put in your sys app and reboot

This is somewhat vague... Can you explain this in better detail? I found a Swype.apk that is not different from the Beta version specified above, however I cannot install that. You stated to place it in the "sys app," I did not do that, I simply tried to install it. Where is the sys app?

K

Killbynature

If you have root find swype libs remove them fix permissions then install swype beta from swype site or you can just flash a custom rom and install there beta from the site.

gazment

Feb 25, 2009
Dearborn, MI
Maybe try a firmware upgrade using kies. If installing Swype beta make sure you have install from unknown sources box checked in options.