Jb is Out!!

Search This thread

flashsam

Dec 20, 2006
Leeds
From the Motorola UK Facebook page 20 mins ago:

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know the technical issues we encountered last week have been resolved and so the Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean roll-out for MOTOROLA RAZR™ i has begun again. We are doing all we can to have the update universally available as soon as possible. Thank you again to everyone for being so patient.

Reactions: motobird

MTurn

Jul 7, 2012

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know the technical issues we encountered last week have been resolved and so the Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean roll-out for MOTOROLA RAZR™ i has begun again. We are doing all we can to have the update universally available as soon as possible. Thank you again to everyone for being so patient.

Everyone has been so very patient :p

dj_mol3y_x8

Aug 30, 2011
Just seen this on moto's FB page good news let's hope it won't be long now

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363096017416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363096017416.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 179

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com

Terry from IT is back from holiday. Yay!!

May 17, 2010
I was offered the upgrade on my non-branded GB Razr i last night, declined it though as I want to keep the FM radio functionality. For this reason I'm glad I wasn't given the update first as I would never have guessed that they would disable this (undocumented) feature.

I hope one day some clever folk will release a nice custom JB ROM with the FM radio reinstated.

Richy101

Aug 11, 2010

Then plainly they don't spend much time at XDA :eek:

Not sure what happens at motorola but sure they have no toes left going on the amount of times they shoot themselves in the foot! I'll bet it'll be the same old tale when they release the X Phone?

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Then plainly they don't spend much time at XDA :eek:

Not sure what happens at motorola but sure they have no toes left going on the amount of times they shoot themselves in the foot! I'll bet it'll be the same old tale when they release the X Phone?

This is why we need a Motorola Nexus, so we can have the awesome hardware but not have to deal with their software support.

Then again, any Nexus is bound to be huge, so I'm screwed no matter what.

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
This is why we need a Motorola Nexus, so we can have the awesome hardware but not have to deal with their software support.

Nexus size is a big problem I had the galaxy nexus and that was to big. Got a nexus 4 at the moment that I'm fixing to sell on and its massssive.

Sent from my RAZR I using xda premium

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Nexus size is a big problem I had the galaxy nexus and that was to big. Got a nexus 4 at the moment that I'm fixing to sell on and its massssive.

Yeah, if it weren't for the size, I'd have purchased a Nexus 4 on launch day, and I'd purchase a Motorola Nexus on whatever day that launched, too. I just can't do a phone that big.

Richy101

Aug 11, 2010

One rumour says 4.7 inch screen but could be just speculation.

http://www.androidguys.com/2013/03/...m_campaign=Feed:+androidguyscom+(AndroidGuys)

I could live with one of it was the dimensions quoted above.

In honesty I'm not overly bothered myself about the GB retail JB delay. I'm quite happy with my Razr i as it is though would probably update at some point. Reading here and elsewhere it seems folk are getting fed up with the wait. Coming from a Defy + it seems the same old tale which is a shame as does Motorola no favours. Software updates aside I've always found the phone hardware good of the 3 moto phones I've had. Signal reception matters to me and Motorolas seem to rock on that front and why when I get fed up with Razr i I'll consider the X phone if it is indeed 4.7 inches. Size matters to me and find Razr i very comfortable for day to day use with great battery life too. So though the upgrade delay is an annoyance the i is still a great phone for me.

MTurn

Jul 7, 2012
They say nowhere that they have released it for non EE.
They only had trouble with the server that rolls out the updates for Razr i and now fixed it.
There is on screenshot from someone with the uk retail update.
But if it's real?

V

Vistaus

They say nowhere that they have released it for non EE.
They only had trouble with the server that rolls out the updates for Razr i and now fixed it.
There is on screenshot from someone with the uk retail update.
But if it's real?

There were more people on Facebook and Twitter who said they got the Retail en.gb update and one person on the previous page of this topic so yes, it's real. It's just rolling out slow. No sign of JB here yet; still says I'm up-to-date.

ICS is working mighty fine but now that JB is rolling out I must admit I'm kinda excited for it. But I don't really need JB so I have patience enough.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Intel just released 4.2.2
Nice.

https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/2013/android-4.2.2r1-ia0

Sorry if I sound a little too much like your average Linux developer but stop posting these things. These links to 4.2 from Intel are flying all over the place here. If you want 4.2.x so badly go bake a ROM yourself already.

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
There were more people on Facebook and Twitter who said they got the Retail en.gb update and one person on the previous page of this topic so yes, it's real. It's just rolling out slow. No sign of JB here yet; still says I'm up-to-date.

ICS is working mighty fine but now that JB is rolling out I must admit I'm kinda excited for it. But I don't really need JB so I have patience enough.

It's a shame that no one that has gotten the OTA has been willing to do the community a favor and pull it for those waiting.

May 17, 2010
The version I'm being asked to update to is: 92.2.29001.en.GB (310.8 MB). Not sure what this means and unfortunately I won't be upgrading for the reasons I stated earlier.

Top Liked Posts