zathus

Aug 25, 2009
OP updated with version 2

Its a little more "kitkat" like.. See changelog in OP for more info

Reactions: iDoc21

iDoc21

Dec 16, 2008
KC
Anyone tried this on the Sprint version? I'm going to try it later when I get a chance and report back. The xposed module using xtheme that does kikat status bar theme doesn't fully work on sprint g2, so hopefully this one does!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
Anyone tried this on the Sprint version? I'm going to try it later when I get a chance and report back. The xposed module using xtheme that does kikat status bar theme doesn't fully work on sprint g2, so hopefully this one does!

The 4g icons won't. I havnt added and Sprint images yet. I have to download a Sprint Rom first.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

zathus

Aug 25, 2009

Added Sprint. let me know if it works or not. thanks

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Im on the stock ROM and my phone is D802.. What should I do to apply this theme?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
Im on the stock ROM and my phone is D802.. What should I do to apply this theme?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

The systemUI needs to be deodexed. There are a few things you can do, what i do (I have a odexed stock rom for vz) is flashed a deodexed systemUI mod. or you can download a deodexed rom, pull out the LGsystemUI, place it in system/apps (phone will reboot) then fix permisions, then when updating edify direct it to the rom you downloaded.

Side note.. Version 2.3 is in the OP. it was just a fix to the wifi icons. they where all white lol. I noticed that even when I was 100 ft away from my house i had a full wifi signal. seemed a bit odd =P

iDoc21

Dec 16, 2008
KC
The systemUI needs to be deodexed. There are a few things you can do, what i do (I have a odexed stock rom for vz) is flashed a deodexed systemUI mod. or you can download a deodexed rom, pull out the LGsystemUI, place it in system/apps (phone will reboot) then fix permisions, then when updating edify direct it to the rom you downloaded.

I'm on stock rooted, I pulled a deodexed LGSystemUI, paced it in system/app and got it working, created the flashable update and undo files, but the install fails. I think it has to do with the fact that the ROM I pulled from has AROMA installer? There are only 2 deodexed ROMS on Sprint, and both use AROMA installers, so maybe I'm out of luck. I'm not real familiar with zip themer, are there any other things I could try?

PanosMouz

Sep 10, 2013
Athens
i am trying to install the 2.3 mod on rayglobe 3.2 ROM but when it starts , the android robot "dies" and said : installation aborted .

Any chance i can get this working?

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Still love rocking v1.0

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387868583352.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387868583352.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 888

kxs783kms

Sep 20, 2009
Vzw Vs980

Hi all. I have a VZW VS980 model G2 and I'm running the multi-rom supprted, AeonFlexv3.0.2. I pointed Edify towards this rom zip file, but after everything successfully installs and flash in recovery, once I reboot, none of the changes take affect. So can someone point towards which rom base I should download to use, so that I can point Edify towards it. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a zipthemer package designed to modify the icons in the status bar. its the stock G2 images, tweaked more like the style of kitkat. transparent properties, cleaned up a little, white. ect.

instructions;
    download and install zipthemer. How too on using zipthemer is here

a new file called "kitkathybrid-update.zip" and "kitkathybrid-undo.zip' should have been created. THESE are what you flash, not the file you downloaded. the update file is to make the changes, the undo, is to undo those changes.

flash the update file in recovery

all done!

Take note that in the screenshot, i have the G2 xposed mod going for transparent status bar and nav bar. This mod does NOT change those.

Change Log.. V1.1
    Fixed Tmo data icons, should be white now.

V2
    Changed wifi icon to be more like kit kat
    change Vz 4g icon like kitkat (LTE)
    Change Data indicator icons
    Change Tmo 4g icon to kitkat
    Soften images (hardly noticeable but i noticed it so changed it)
    Made quick toggle icons white (The text is still blue, not able to change this)
    changed pulldown handle to Kitkat style

V2.1
    Changed the data icon layout. It was bugging me and didnt look right for the 4g and wifi. looks a lot cleaner now i think
    V2.2
    Added Sprint support. I think i have it all done now
    V2.3
    Fixed Wifi Icons. some how i made them all white lol

Download V1

Download V2.3

V1

V2

Small update. V2.1 Changed the data icon layout for the LTE and wifi. looks cleaner now
    Thx for making this but my 4g icon is still blue.I am on t mobile . Thx.
    View attachment 2373819

Should be fixed now, let me know =)
    any way to get this into an xposed module, for those that want a 4g icon in white for tmo ?. Reaaly do not want to install TWRP until it is available thru goo manager.

no....

Xtheme is an amazing app.. but still, unstable at times and I really like to keep things simple.

There is a xtheme kitkat theme. Im sure he will have the tmobile icons updated soon if thats the route you want to take
    Just flashed this on my T-Mobile G2, and it's working great. However, the arrows below the 4G LTE icon are still cyan, is there anyway to get them white?

I'll get on that tomorrow, I have to track it down because the T Mobile ROM, Verizon rom, AT&T rom, and Korean roms are all different lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
    What an awesome status bar theme this is. Hats off to the OP.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk