[DISCUSSION] What's the first phone you've ever owned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AnyDone

Nov 18, 2010
Nokia 5110 on sw bell I think..

5110.jpg

Had one of those back in the days. Though had 6150 before it :D After those had various 3210, 3310 and those models... Lol they were high tech at the time. Though I didn't care for phones for a long time. My G1 was first I actually bought from a shop. (others were from family / friends or used online)

lmlloyd

Aug 3, 2010
I got a Motorola DynaTac in 1991, and had to put up with several years of people asking me why you would ever want a phone that you carried around with you?

willham

May 19, 2009
Seattle
I don't miss this phone! hahaha. So far I'm the only one with a mitsubishi phone! I had it on voicestream before they became tmobile.

images-3.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
I started with mobile phones from my work. This is the first one that I used to borrow, the good old NEC P3. I remember how it seemed really high-tech and stylish at the time ! :eek:

SV206764.JPG

Optional screw-in aerial to enhance reception :

nec_etacs.jpg

tmoreno2425

Apr 19, 2010
PrimeCo can't remember model but it looked like it had a wood dashboard.

Nokia- what ever was free

Palm treo 650

Unknown model

T-Mobile G1

T-Mobile HD2

iPhone 3gs

T-Mobile G2

Reactions: paul-c

KeithRVA

Jun 4, 2010
Richmond, VA
First cell phone was a candy bar Motorola feature phone with a postage stamp sized monochrome screen. I dropped that phone in a crosswalk and it got ran over. The screen was cracked but it still worked fine. Good piece of hardware.

Motorola Q. I didn't like this phone. It ran Windows Mobile and looked like a Blackberry.

iPhone 3G, jailbroken running on T-Mobile. Liked it a lot but no 3G speed on TMO. The iOS looked/felt a little too simplified and cartoonish, but it worked ok.

G1, great phone, still use it for kicks, it is the grandaddy.

MyTouch 3G, no likey, slow and hard to root. Also had problems with the sd card.

BlackBerry Bold 9700, great battery life, excellent external speaker. Terrible browser, screen a pathetic joke, keyboard is also ridiculously small even though wildly popular.

HD2, loved this phone, great hardware, easy to flash custom roms, even got Froyo running pretty smooth. But then realized I should just get an Android phone.

G2, current phone and absolutely awesome! Got my eye on the MyTouch 4G, should I trade my G2?

funkadesi

Jun 23, 2006
My First phone WAS a smartphone, good Ole Symbian

Nokia 6600 - This thing had everything that a modern smartphone has, except GPS.

Bluetooth, GPRS Data, Web browsing, and all the dinky little apps I would find on getjar.com lol

And the battery lasted 5 DAYS!!!! :D

Nokia_6600.jpg

Reactions: GuyInTheCorner

jetset_

Dec 8, 2010
NYC
I don't remember the first phone I used, because I used to bum my mom's phone for free minutes before landlines became free forever, but the first phone that was officially mine was a nokia 6010!

My family still uses that model, that's how good a phone it is - but that's it, just a phone.

ihateusernames

Aug 21, 2009
I don't remember the model but I know it came in a bag. :D

BagphoneDIGITAL.jpg

My first phone after my skytel pager was a bag similar to the one shown in the quote. Had it in a Fiero and thought I was cooler than you.

From there, I was poor and went a few years befor getting some motorola phone that was about 2" thick and had a flap over the keyboard which classified it as a flip. After that, there are far to many to think about. Still have half of them in a drawer.

The G1 was my longest runner though. Picked it up when it came out. Rooted with JF and never looked back. Didn't switch again until the G2.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Bigirish

Nov 13, 2010
Stuart, FL
My first phone, that I has to pay for, was my Sony Ericsson T68i. First GSM color screen phone, what?!

I had that, along with the SE bluetooth headset featured in Tomb Raider... The thing had a leather belt HOLSTER, for Pete's sake!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, but I closed this thread because it isn't generating that much discussion and I am not sure if there is a point to an uncurated list of people's device history.
    Thought it would be ammusing to know how far we've all come along to get to this lovely os we call android today.

Post your first phone you ever owned. Hell post em all for all I care. Let the ammusement begin!

My very first phone was a motorola n95, then went to a nokia. Can't remember the name (old cheap phone).

[G2/HTC Vision]
    Siemens c55 ;)

Teleported from my brain cells
    2 cups tied to a string....

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
    MOTO RAZR still beats my G2 :p