[Q] cannot root galaxy s3 i747 4.3

Search This thread

deepgrewal2

Jan 27, 2014
Vivo Nex 3
Xiaomi Mi 10
Sir I updated my galaxy s3 i747 with leaked firmware 4.3 with no knox.
It has unrooted my phone.
When I try to root my phone again.
I cannot root it.
And im having a battery problem.
It drains very fast.

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
I cannot root it.
It drains very fast.

try cf-auto root first, that doesnt help

look for the official 4.3 stock rom for i747 flash it then root with cf-auto root, see if that works
sorry am too laxy to find it, am sure its somewhere on this threads :laugh:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
try cf-auto root first, that doesnt help

look for the official 4.3 stock rom for i747 flash it then root with cf-auto root, see if that works
sorry am too laxy to find it, am sure its somewhere on this threads :laugh:

I've never seen an official AT&T stock 4.3 ROM. I know AT&T released 4.3 as an OTA update but don't think they released a full ROM.

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
I cannot root it.
It drains very fast.

I've never seen an official AT&T stock 4.3 ROM. I know AT&T released 4.3 as an OTA update but don't think they released a full ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2387423 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46804338

this two links provide 4.3 stock updates and developer @designgears pulled the official or the 4.3 update/firmware from AT&T, hope that can answer your question

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
Aren't those are re-packaged ROMs rather than being a complete 4.3 ROM similar to Rogers/Bell/Telus ROMs? To install, you have to Odin back to a stock rom or TW-based ROM.

am sure there is an official firmware from at&t and its hidden in this threads or somewhere on the net plus i was on a 4.1.2 stock, i dont like leaks just the official cleaned out so i did not have any problems with bootloaders/updating etc....... did not bother to use odin just flashed with CMW and everything worked

edit: devs need the official firmware from AT&T to work on , without it they have nothing (assuming you already know that)

Last edited:

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
am sure there is an official firmware from at&t and its hidden in this threads or somewhere on the net plus i was on a 4.1.2 stock, i dont like leaks just the official cleaned out so i did not have any problems with bootloaders/updating etc....... did not bother to use odin just flashed with CMW and everything worked

edit: devs need the official firmware from AT&T to work on , without it they have nothing (assuming you already know that)

AT&T did not release an official Odin tar for 4.1.2 or 4.3 it would be great if they did but they haven't and don't have any plans to do so.

Even without the tar files I think our developers have done a great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Agreed. The devs worked directly from the OTA. They never had the official firmware, as they all will tell you. You're not going to find it here or anywhere on the net.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
Agreed. The devs worked directly from the OTA. They never had the official firmware, as they all will tell you. You're not going to find it here or anywhere on the net.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AT&T released official for 4.1.2 , dont know what happned with 4.3 but blame Samsung cuz after 4.1.1 S3's update, updates went down from there ........4.1.2 update was great, 4.3 being a WTF and no 4.2.2 .........but am optimistic that 4.4 is coming for S3's and never will CM/AOKP/PARANOID roms forsake the S3 it will have 5+ versions

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
AT&T released official for 4.1.2 , dont know what happned with 4.3 but blame Samsung cuz after 4.1.1 S3's update, updates went down from there ........4.1.2 update was great, 4.3 being a WTF and no 4.2.2 .........but am optimistic that 4.4 is coming for S3's and never will CM/AOKP/PARANOID roms forsake the S3 it will have 5+ versions

So since you allege AT&T released official firmware for 4.1.2(some other way than OTA) obviously my search skills aren't what they should be. Can you provide a link to backup your allegations?

Whether or not we get updates has little to do with Samsung and more to do with the service provider, and it is the service provider whom determines if we get an official copy released.

My thought is that AT&T is attempting to discourage us from customizing our devices. Some people have no business customizing anything and that can cause them to attempt to return their device under warranty. When the owner was the cause of the device failure that costs the provider money...

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Btw I want to apologize to the OP here is a link to some roms that are pre rooted they're very close to stock with only minor differences mostly in its capabilities and some are debloated. These will get you rooted for sure, remove knox and should do what you want. I like the one from loserskater. This link below works only on the AT&T SGH-I747. once again I apologize for bickering in your thread while not even staying on topic.

Last edited: