Rooted my Stock Gingerbread 2.3.5!

Search This thread

rupalazzi

Jul 15, 2011
Puerto Ordaz
Changing Superuser

Hello guys, last night I had to downgrade my wife's cappy to stock GB 2.3.5. Today I rooted it, but I can't update Superuser binaries, so my question is can I uninstall Superuser and install SuperSU instead? Would this be a good idea?

Let me know your thoughts.

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
There's a superuser update fixer in the play store....free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: rupalazzi

Klitoni

Sep 2, 2012
Rooteeeeed :D

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Trying to figure out what to do on the update fixer

Last edited:

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
^
Just install from play store and run it.

Klitoni

Sep 2, 2012
Done I dont have that error anymore, installed busybox the stable version and i did a backup of efs folder with efspro :D

How much MB should have the EFS folder.6.5 the tar and 11MB the img file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am posting to say that I just successfully rooted my Captivate....

KK4 Kernel
    Gingerbread 2.3.5 (Now rooted!)

As you can see I'm super excited and this is why!

Thanks to this forum! Flashing AT&T Stock Gingerbread; now KK4, Gingerbread 2.3.5
    And to nakedninja42 !

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE.
    HOWEVER, THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM ON MINE!

So first I ....
    Updated via Kies....First to Eclair then to Froyo bc I was coming from a custom.
    Begin by putting it in Download mode!!!!!

1: Flash I897UCKF1-AutoRoot-DesignGears.tar for root with Odin by Placing it in the PDA slot
    CLICK START.
    2: Boot once, (it will install root) then shut down.
    3: Download mode again!
    4: Reflash the original KK4 kernel by placing it in the PDA slot in ODIN (If you do not change the kernel back to KK4 after root, you could have wifi issues)
    CLICK START.
    vvvvvvvvvvvv THE REST ARE nakedninja42's INSTRUCTIONS vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    5:Settings>Applications> enable Unknown Sources

7:You can also Update Superuser from market (may be updated already) https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

8: Install busybox from market
    I just read the other forum saying that the kernel build date is different than the leak. I had not seen that previous to our conversation. The tar for the stock KK4 I provided is from the leak update. I am still working on decrypting the kies update I obtained from the Samsung server. Glad its working, let us know if you experience any weird issues.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
    I have a AT&T captivate that i just upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.5,
    with a KK4 Kernel.
    I want to get 3 things on it,Root access+Speedmod+Slim Bean ROM.Could anyone give me a link for where i can find it or just give me the simplest steps to get it done.
    P.S i don't want to get unrooted in case you suggest busybox.
    Thanks

Corn kernel is what you'll want to flash, (not speedmod), using Odin 1.85.

From there, simply flash Slim Bean twice as it needs to rebuild the partition and you're set. As for the instructions, they're in the ROM's thread OP. Also, there are quite a few stickies you should read before jumping into this!
    I am new to Smartphone technology, this is my first smartphone. Sorry for dumb question. I understand that first tar file is for rooting. What is the use of second tar file again.

Please help me understand.

Thanks

The second is putting stock kernel after rooting. Can't use the root kernel since its a different build and will cause issues. That's why you only boot once then shut down and flash the second.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
    There's a superuser update fixer in the play store....free.