[Q] Dicked internal memory (E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1); Now what?

Search This thread

Skiddywinks

Oct 13, 2010
Caerwys
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey guys. I looked through the relevant threads that popped up before posting this, and none of the ones I hadn't already seen quite seemed to match the issue I am having.

The phone gets stuck on boot loop but I can force it to show the error we are talking about by going in to recovery mode and wiping the cache and factory resetting. Otherwise it just boot loops forever.

I have seen a few threads of similar issues, but they are all unresolved or their error is slightly different. In my case it is a

"(No such file or directory)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD:"

I read somewhere it is possible to use an external card to run the phone whilst you nuke the internal memory and reset tables etc before flashing some stock ROM again. I have a spare mSD already formatted as per this video (he uses an 8GB partitioned 6GB fat32 and 2GB reiser, I simply have double both since I am using a 16GB card), but now I am unsure of what to do exactly. I can't do anything with the phone itself, so I am stuck using download mode or the standard android recovery mode (no CWM).

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
Had this happen to me when I was trying to go back to stock from CM 10.1. I am not sure how that happened, but I just flash a bunch of different roms through odin and it solved itself.

HellHammer83

Jun 3, 2012
Possible solution

Hello. I've solved the same problem on my I9000. Here are the steps I followed:
I've used: Odin 1.70; 16GB Micro SDcard class 6; XWJW5 3 archives stock rom, pit file 512, CF root for JW5; CM9; Devil Kernel for i9000 and HellyBean 4.2.2.

1 - Format the 16Gb micro sd to FAT32.

2 - Turn device into Download Mode. I have flashed the HWJW5 stock rom with 3 files (PDA, CODE, CSC) with Odin 1.70, including 512 pit archive and Re-Partition ticked (all flashes with the micro sd inserted in the device). Micro sd is partitioned at boot installation. Restart into bootloop.

3-After flash, Download Mode again and flash the CF root for JW5.

4-After rooting, went into bootloop again. Remove the battery, remove the micro sd and connect it to PC (it shows only 13Gb FAT32, the rest remained for the Android system). I put in the micro sd the following files to flash in recovery, CM9 + Devil Kernel for i9000 + HellyBean 4.2.2.

5-I put the micro sd in the device, enter into recovery mode and flash CM9. After flashing the device turn on with CM7.

6 - Once in CM9, enter recovery again, flash Devil Kernel. Reboot recovery again, wipe all and flash HellyBean 4.2.2 (I think it should work with any CM10 or 10.1, I have not tried)

7-I have the device running 4.2.2 HellyBean from my micro sd with no problem (I've changed the vold.fstab for mass storage). He's back to life. Then I have installed CM10.1 Gapps.

Everything I used to do it you can find here on XDA.

Hope this can help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus_l

holdez

Mar 26, 2013
I've used: Odin 1.70; 16GB Micro SDcard class 6; XWJW5 3 archives stock rom, pit file 512, CF root for JW5; CM9; Devil Kernel for i9000 and HellyBean 4.2.2.

2 - Turn device into Download Mode. I have flashed the HWJW5 stock rom with 3 files (PDA, CODE, CSC) with Odin 1.70, including 512 pit archive and Re-Partition ticked (all flashes with the micro sd inserted in the device). Micro sd is partitioned at boot installation. Restart into bootloop.

4-After rooting, went into bootloop again. Remove the battery, remove the micro sd and connect it to PC (it shows only 13Gb FAT32, the rest remained for the Android system). I put in the micro sd the following files to flash in recovery, CM9 + Devil Kernel for i9000 + HellyBean 4.2.2.

5-I put the micro sd in the device, enter into recovery mode and flash CM9. After flashing the device turn on with CM7.

6 - Once in CM9, enter recovery again, flash Devil Kernel. Reboot recovery again, wipe all and flash HellyBean 4.2.2 (I think it should work with any CM10 or 10.1, I have not tried)

7-I have the device running 4.2.2 HellyBean from my micro sd with no problem (I've changed the vold.fstab for mass storage). He's back to life. Then I have installed CM10.1 Gapps.

Hope this can help you.

Great advice mate helped me out a lot. But could you please copy down the text in the "void.fstab" file that i would need to change as i am sortof a noob in this sort of region :silly:. the problem i seem to have is that i cant access gallery or camera as it says external sd not inserted i am using gamerzrom which i presume will be the same file directories as hellybean "e.g. : emmc" for external sd card. hope im making some kind of sense lol thanks mate :highfive:

marielacvn

Sep 19, 2012
Managua
I have this same exact error in my Samsung infuse 4g... Do you think that I could follow similar steps to help fix my error. I have two errors show up before bootloop

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD

Any help or direction appreciated

M

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Possible solution

Hope this can help you.