[ROM][P76*][BL Lock/Unlock] CyanogenMod 9 [08/4/14]

Search This thread

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
Flashed it and am successfully on Cyanogen, FINALLY, but, I have the wonky screen issue, and my device is not being recognized by ADB.

Any advice?

Ilxaot

May 1, 2013
Parrish
This is stable, correct? I don't want to flash KDZ's to my phone to flash this if it's not good for daily use on a locked bootloader.

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
Just wondering; if I successfully got this installed on my T-Mobile P769, after running kuma82's excellent themed ROM for locked bootloaders, can I upgrade to another version of CM10.x, without causing a security error?

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
I tried flashing this, following all of the instructions to the letter.

While it DID install correctly, and I was greeted with the much-missed Cyanogen Mod screen, for some reason, my PC will not recognize my device over ADB anymore, and I cannot get the wonky screen issue fixed.

So, I did another factory reset, and tried to flash kuma82's ROM back on it. That worked, but the screen is still wonky, and flashing the 20f_u-boot.zip does not fix anything.

I didn't think I could hate this phone worse.

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
Can anyone at all help me to get ADB to recognize this device? I have all of the proper drivers installed, and it DOES recognize my device when I flash it back to kuma82's ROM.

I am desperate at this point.

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona
Will this work on a p769? I'm rooted already but have a locked boot loader. My phone is running the kumakan ROM. (I don't think its really a ROM per say)

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

I'm looking to make it compatible with this model, please patience, they have asked me many things and I'm slowly doing.

My updates are long but with many improvements;)

Flashed it and am successfully on Cyanogen, FINALLY, but, I have the wonky screen issue, and my device is not being recognized by ADB.

Any advice?

For P769 wait :)

In my PC with Widows8.1 Update 1 the ADB does not work, but if Ubuntu 14, and on my other pc with Windows 7 too.

Do not know why this happens: S

This is stable, correct? I don't want to flash KDZ's to my phone to flash this if it's not good for daily use on a locked bootloader.

Yes, is stable for day use

Just wondering; if I successfully got this installed on my T-Mobile P769, after running kuma82's excellent themed ROM for locked bootloaders, can I upgrade to another version of CM10.x, without causing a security error?

No, any modified kernel will give security error.

Wow! Any chance of CM 10 getting ported to locked bootloader? This is still awesome! :D

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is possible, but very difficult. I tried it once and didnt get it working

When I believe that this CM9 is perfect and it has at less errors as possible, so I will resume CM10

I tried flashing this, following all of the instructions to the letter.

While it DID install correctly, and I was greeted with the much-missed Cyanogen Mod screen, for some reason, my PC will not recognize my device over ADB anymore, and I cannot get the wonky screen issue fixed.

So, I did another factory reset, and tried to flash kuma82's ROM back on it. That worked, but the screen is still wonky, and flashing the 20f_u-boot.zip does not fix anything.

I didn't think I could hate this phone worse.

It's responded up the P769 model and ADB

The ROM is insanely fast, thank you!

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 using xda app-developers app

Thanks a lot :D
Can anyone at all help me to get ADB to recognize this device? I have all of the proper drivers installed, and it DOES recognize my device when I flash it back to kuma82's ROM.

I am desperate at this point.

It's responded up the problem of adb

Last edited:

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
You, sir, are a rockstar. I am trying to see if I can map out how to push the commands through Terminal Emulator. This is what it looks like;

ulv/b Above Y Above P 4 kjulbj Above P 4

That translates to:

cat (space) (Toggle123) / sdcard (Toggle123) /

And so it goes. I can get the entire command line of "cat /sdcard/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware" typed in on Terminal Emulator. It took me two hours.

I am going to try one more time using that method, adding the line "echo 1 /sdcard/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware", and see if that fixes it.

You will be my hero for life if you can get this working on P769. Already, you have done more for us locked bootloader victims than anyone outside of kuma82.

Last edited:

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona
You, sir, are a rockstar. I am trying to see if I can map out how to push the commands through Terminal Emulator. This is what it looks like;

ulv/b Above Y Above P 4 kjulbj Above P 4

That translates to:

cat (space) (Toggle123) / sdcard (Toggle123) /

And so it goes. I can get the entire command line of "cat /sdcard/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware" typed in on Terminal Emulator. It took me two hours.

I am going to try one more time using that method, adding the line "echo 1 /sdcard/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware", and see if that fixes it.

You will be my hero for life if you can get this working on P769. Already, you have done more for us locked bootloader victims than anyone outside of kuma82.

Try this on Terminal Emulator:

Unzip v6.bin to sdcard

su
cat /sdcard/external_sd/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware
reboot

Attachments

• v6.bin.zip
    44.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
Try this:

unzip v6.bin to sdcard

adb shell
su
echo 1 /sdcard/external_sd/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware
cat /sdcard/external_sd/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware
reboot

That is precisely what I have been trying, but, it doesn't work when I can't get my Windows 7 PC to recognize my device at all. When I run the line "cat /sdcard/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware" through Terminal Emulator, even with the wonky screen (pure hell, believe me), it SEEMS to work, and it looks like it pushes through correctly, but after rebooting, nothing changes.

Yet, when I reflash kuma82's ROM, then my phone is detected properly, and I can just run the commands through a command prompt, and it fixes the screen instantly.

So, the fact that we've gotten this far at least gives me some hope. The only thing stopping me from being able to use this new ROM is the mirrored/wonky screen problem.

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona
That is precisely what I have been trying, but, it doesn't work when I can't get my Windows 7 PC to recognize my device at all. When I run the line "cat /sdcard/v6.bin > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/firmware" through Terminal Emulator, even with the wonky screen (pure hell, believe me), it SEEMS to work, and it looks like it pushes through correctly, but after rebooting, nothing changes.

Yet, when I reflash kuma82's ROM, then my phone is detected properly, and I can just run the commands through a command prompt, and it fixes the screen instantly.

So, the fact that we've gotten this far at least gives me some hope. The only thing stopping me from being able to use this new ROM is the mirrored/wonky screen problem.

The wonky touchscreen is caused by kernel? if so there is an easier solution. Replace the kernel of ICS kernel of P769 .

Last edited:

mato_d007

Feb 24, 2012
San Luis
There is a way to make ADB work on Windows 8/8.1 (wich i do with CM10 and CM11). Search for LGE L2 USB device on the devices administrator (show hidden devices, look for one with a question mark) and manually install an ADB driver for it (Android Sooner Single ADB interface works fine), it will work.
Windows 8/8.1 is full of fails, specially with mobile devices drivers, in fact MTP barely works and with a lot of errors.

Reactions: kuma82 and Polloos

Daycrawler

Mar 27, 2012
Gdańsk
I have a bug to report. From time to time I get a toast (a popup) saying something like "failed to init Cyanogenmod90".

JulianJenner

Apr 17, 2013
Arnhem
Yes

I have a bug to report. From time to time I get a toast (a popup) saying something like "failed to init Cyanogenmod90".

I confirm this cautionary popup message....

4yza9uge.jpg

Last edited:
X

Xerdox

I had this messange too. I found one another bug. When I want to reboot to recovery by power button I have kernel panic.
btw. Good work. This rom is very smoth :)

Wysłane z mojego LG Optimus L9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

JulianJenner

Apr 17, 2013
Arnhem
Stange thing...

I had this messange too. I found one another bug. When I want to reboot to recovery by power button I have kernel panic.

This ROM is strange.

I have flashed TWRP recovery.

I flash this ROM with it without problem.

But this ROM flashed to my phone an other Recovery by Artas.

I do not understand how? And where?

Coz my TWRP is intact!

But when I reboot the phone, after LG Logo, LEDs are flashing, and if then I press and hold Volume Down, then suddenly I'm in CWM 6.0.4.5!!! (I know, this is old Artas's recovery method for locked phones) If I dont press Volume down when LEDs flashing, then phone boot normal mode, and CM9 works...

(Sorry for my English) LG OPTIMUS L9 P760 / UNLOCKED BOOTLODER (Sorry for my English)

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona

I think the popup is from CMUpdater, will try to fix it.

I dont have kernel panic, It is very rare ...

This ROM is strange.

I have flashed TWRP recovery.

I flash this ROM with it without problem.

But this ROM flashed to my phone an other Recovery by Artas.

I do not understand how? And where?

Coz my TWRP is intact!

But when I reboot the phone, after LG Logo, LEDs are flashing, and if then I press and hold Volume Down, then suddenly I'm in CWM 6.0.4.5!!! (I know, this is old Artas's recovery method for locked phones) If I dont press Volume down when LEDs flashing, then phone boot normal mode, and CM9 works...

(Sorry for my English) LG OPTIMUS L9 P760 / UNLOCKED BOOTLODER (Sorry for my English)

Yes there are my CWM 6.0.4.5 in system/bootrstrap. But dont replace the recovery in partition, delete recovery.tar and use your recovery normally

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
Try this fix for wonky touchscreen.

Install ROM
Wipes and formats
Install Gapps
Install Fix

https://mega.co.nz/#!hsIl1A6A!OsGv1AaZNFV7P0gswiSBt7ENpZkFpmizOrqtx-1dIEc

I followed the instructions as you suggested. While it does fix the CWM screen, when I reboot the phone, it gets stuck on the LG logo and doesn't move. I tried doing all of the wipes, then flashing the ROM through CWM, then installing the fix. Still stuck on the LG logo for the past five minutes or so.

Going to try dirty flashing the ROM over this, and reinstalling Gapps to see if that fixes it, and will report back.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 9

sin-nombre-880865.png

This ROM is of Markolino631, I have edited only for improvements, is for lock and unlock bootloader.

Features:
    -OC/UV
    -Disabled emulated sd
    -CWM 6.0.4.5
    -QuickSettings
    -Changes in UI

Bugs:
    -Recording with front camera

How to install:
    -Copy ROM and Gapps to SD
    -Reboot to CWM
    -Factory Reset
    -Format /sdcard, and Dalvik Cache
    -Flash ROM and Gapps

Downloads:
    CyanogenMod 9 v3 [P760][08/4/14]
    Gapps ICS
    Fix Cámera [P768-P778]
    Remove NFC

Changelog

CyanogenMod 9 v1 [17/3/2014]:
    -Stock 4.4 Bootanimation
    -AOSP 4.4 Sounds
    -AOSP 4.4 Calculator
    -AOSP 4.4 Calendar
    -AOSP 4.4 Camera
    -AOSP 4.4 Email
    -AOSP 4,4 Gallery
    -Fixed FC when editing photos from the gallery
    -Script OC/UV
    -Wake up with home button
    -CWM 6.0.4.5
    -Fixed Apollo
    -Added CM Explorer
    -Center Clock
    -Removed the operator
    -Date centred
    -Disabled emulated SD

CyanogenMod 9 v2 [31/3/2014]:
    -Improved GPS
    -Deleted recording in 1080p
    -Improved general camera
    -Small improvement in GPU
    -Fixed some APN
    -Deleted tweaks build.prop

CyanogenMod 9 v3 [08/4/2014]:
    -Added on/off on the bottom bar on the status bar, as JB or higher.
    -Added QuickSettings, like 4.2.2
    -Added a bootanimation made ​​by @ AlexBass
    -Centered clock on lookscreen
    -Fixed the bug that the icons were not displayed in the status bar until it was notified.
    -Added a wallpaper made ​​by @ AlexBass
    -Added fix for remove NFC

Thanks to:

- @markolino631 by their CM9 ROM
    - @AntonX by their commit to remove the emulated SD
    - @artas182x, for the 2nd-init
    - Chujalt & PureMod for helping all my doubts
    - Miguelrt20 for their help with my CM9
    - Foro-Nexus.com & Staff
    - AlexBass for its boot animation and wallpaper
    - Miguelrt20 for remove NFC
    Probably I will upload today the v3 with changes in UI and some bug correction.

Currently these are the changes:

-Added on/off on the bottom bar on the status bar, as JB or higher.
    -Added QuickSettings, like 4.2.2
    -Added a bootanimation made ​​by @ AlexBass
    -Centered clock on lookscreen
    -Fixed the bug that the icons were not displayed in the status bar until it was notified.
    -Added a wallpaper made ​​by @ AlexBass
    -Probably add more before uploading it today ...: D
    Polloos please could you port CM10 (4.1.2) for locked bl ?

I'm working in stock v20p, CWM, TWRP & PhilZ (Compile takes 9h...) and app with mods for stock. I have thought of 1 more version of CM9 and work in CM10.

And also i'm helping my friend in his CM11
    -Added fix camera for P768 and P778 models for use 8mpx.
    -The GPS works perfectly and the next update will add improved.

img-20140319-wa0035-883810.jpg
    img-20140319-wa0037-883811.jpg