Unrevoked - Forever (S-OFF S-ON AND NAND UNLOCK TOOL)

Search This thread

ooofest

Aug 17, 2011
NY
I went to the unrevoked pages for Droid Incredible phones and the unrevoked forever instructions directed me to first gain root and a custom recovery using unrevoked3. OK, so I installed the drivers on my Windows 7 system, ran unrevoked3 and . . . the phone shows I have S-OFF when I power on while pressing the Volume Down key.

So, do I still need to apply the "unrevoked-forever.zip" file from the SD card?

- ooofest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2776902

I went to the unrevoked pages for Droid Incredible phones and the unrevoked forever instructions directed me to first gain root and a custom recovery using unrevoked3. OK, so I installed the drivers on my Windows 7 system, ran unrevoked3 and . . . the phone shows I have S-OFF when I power on while pressing the Volume Down key.

So, do I still need to apply the "unrevoked-forever.zip" file from the SD card?

- wader

Nope. It does it for you now. This was before it was included in Unrevoked. So you're good.

Reactions: ooofest

xray49er

Mar 13, 2009
Peekskill, NY
I just flashed a rom and it borked my phone. My sd card no longer mounts and now I am back to s-on. Is there a way through adb that i can get s-off again. Everytime i turn my phone on i get three vibrations then nothing. The only way i can get my phone on is to plug it in the charger. any help is appreciated, Thanks

keyslapper

Aug 17, 2011
Natick, MA
I just flashed a rom and it borked my phone. My sd card no longer mounts and now I am back to s-on. Is there a way through adb that i can get s-off again. Everytime i turn my phone on i get three vibrations then nothing. The only way i can get my phone on is to plug it in the charger. any help is appreciated, Thanks

I've seen this before. Can't remember exactly what the issue is called, but you probably need to pull the battery and restart. Should work. Be careful you're pressing volume *down* and not up. I seem to remember that was one of the possible triggers for this behavior.

I don't think you can get dropped back to s-on without flashing the full unrooted official update. Even then, I'm not entirely sure.

BTW, you did take a nand backup, right? Try to go back to that when you get to recovery.

Good luck.

monkeybone12

Sep 20, 2010
Ft. Morgan, Co

You have to reflash the phone with the HTC utility. I thought I bricked an incredible, but then tried the HTC method. Gotta re-install HTC Sync, but it is worth it in your situation!

When I did it, I got the files from the HTC website. Hope that helps.

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
My friend has this phone on trying to root it but, his latest baseband is 2.15.10 the unrevoked is 2.15.00 please help me by pm me

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

icomrade

Oct 5, 2010
Why help you by PM, why not out in the open for other people that are having the same problem?
Follow this if you have a newer boot loader (locked), or cannot use the OP method. You will need to update your boot loader with the one provided here: http://htcdev.com/bootloader/ Use that link instead of following step 1, the rest should be useful in that guide.

This will completely wipe your device.

Last edited:

Texas_T-Bolt

Dec 22, 2011
Bryan
OK I did the method on android form and it didn't help ..the device is in 2.3.4 I believe been a long time since I owned a droid inc... I was trying to unlock the bootloader with HTC dev site and when I finally got to the unlock token and I highlight it and place in the box and submit... then I get fail token loader something like that ... I think the baseband is 1.700xxx I'm sure there was a 7 in it... any way and best guide to root the droid inc ? It be nice if someone would build a method one click root ...I just hate the fact there so many steps to go threw then u get a fail

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
OK I did the method on android form and it didn't help ..the device is in 2.3.4 I believe been a long time since I owned a droid inc... I was trying to unlock the bootloader with HTC dev site and when I finally got to the unlock token and I highlight it and place in the box and submit... then I get fail token loader something like that ... I think the baseband is 1.700xxx I'm sure there was a 7 in it... any way and best guide to root the droid inc ? It be nice if someone would build a method one click root ...I just hate the fact there so many steps to go threw then u get a fail

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The best guide would be either scotty1223's or cmlusco's:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1600904
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506258
If you take the time to read through the guides and get a basic understanding of what is required to root this phone, you'll understand why nobody has built a one-click root. There are a lot of steps required, but the guides are very good and work if they are followed properly. Also, both scotty1223 and cmlusco are very helpful; if you get stuck, ask a question in the guide thread you are trying to follow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unrEVOked Forever
    -------------------------

This tool will give you permanent nand unlock while booted into the os as well as S-OFF security for the ability to flash unsigned zip's from hboot. With this you can flash any OTA and still be able to recover root by flashing a recovery and a root package. Please read our site for details and instructions and the download!

Target platforms: HTC Evo and HTC Incredible

http://unrevoked.com/forever/
    Read the op.
    I have an evo
    I flashed the radios&pri but they dont stick???? heellppp

rooted with unrevoked
    say 2.6.32.17 root@paris-laptop #2??
    build fresh 3.5.0.1
    baseband 2.15.00.09.01
    pri 1.77_003
    prl 60674

it also says S-ON in bootloader

how do i fix it???
    unroot &root with unrevoked forever? is there another way? batt sucks!
    To flash radios you need to be S-OFF. To do that you need to flash unrevoked forever in recovery. It's the link in the op. Read the instructions on how to do it there.

Edit: I think I'm wrong about it being a necessity... But I'd do it anyway.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    eventhough I'm rooted with unrevoked already?
    is this what i should do?
    back up( what abt nand?)
    clean cache&dalvik
    &flash unrevoked forever from sd card?
    &then reflash flash & etc...?
    Just being rooted doesn't give you access to NAND. unrevoked forever is separate than just strait up unrevoked. It gives you unlocked NAND and lets you flash PB31IMG.zip files in the bootloader. Those files can be radios, splash screens, new bootloaders, etc. just follow the instructions in the link that is in the op. :) if you read it all it explains it's function and how to do it.

Oh and about the steps to flash, just use rom manager to install the unrevoked zip file. Then after that you can use the boot loader (power button, vol down) to flash PB31IMG.zip files. No need to back up anything, before flashing unrevoked unless you are just making sure.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    I have the Slcd screen incredible, would this work on it, thanks

Yes, as long as you are on a supported radio. The only one not supported is the 11.19 radio.