[ROM] Supercurio's Android 2.3 Gingerbread Port i9000 - ALPHA V6 - UPDATE 12/23/10!

Search This thread

skater4690

May 18, 2010
houston
nevermind got it to work everything works except no sound and gps and a couple other things but otherwise its great and for some reason i dont have a recovery so i have to odin back...

Last edited:

scores87

May 29, 2010
If I have a mexican Galaxy S i9000 which runs on 850/1900mhz will my 3g still work if I flash this rom?

jdkzombie

May 16, 2010
topeka
fascinate supported?

ok, before i go flashing anything else lol is this working n samsung galaxy s i500 aka fascinate? also, this is still a W.I.P correct? Im anxious for a functional and stable GB rom for my phone...just another way to tell samsung to go make sweet love to themselves :O i have noticed a lot of people saying no voice or wifi.. hope supercurio is working on this every chance he gets...might have to nominate him for most awesomest awesome dev of awesomeness ever. i've even made a trophy!!!

Reactions: figtab

psz01

Aug 13, 2010
ok, before i go flashing anything else lol is this working n samsung galaxy s i500 aka fascinate? also, this is still a W.I.P correct? Im anxious for a functional and stable GB rom for my phone...just another way to tell samsung to go make sweet love to themselves :O i have noticed a lot of people saying no voice or wifi.. hope supercurio is working on this every chance he gets...might have to nominate him for most awesomest awesome dev of awesomeness ever. i've even made a trophy!!!

It's still a WIP. If you check the link to the ROM, supercurio's taking a "breather" from this ROM, while the CM-devs have picked it up. They won't release anything until it's a daily driver (or close to it), and who can blame them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12/23/10- V6
    - Easy root. You only need to install Superuser app from Market.

V5
    - Wifi semi-working (tend to crash the phone on Wifi sleep timeout)
    - Calls working but no DATA for me (coolya had data, which means: erratic) - voice not tested.
    - kind of laggy, but there is a lot of headroom.
    - GPS working only by Wifi/Triangulation networking - No satellites.

Fantastic job by coolya who did most of the advancement, for Wifi, baseband and also OneDRAM partitions configuration. Really really awesome work.
    We were so lucky the snow forced him to stay at home instead of going to work

This time you can really start to play with the phone, install apps, surf on the Internet all this with Gingerbread! kind of cool

12/22/10- V4
    -Buttons fixed thanks to the contributions of xcaliburhands, pawitp, fenfir*
    -No need to create some directories manually anymore.
    -Kernel available as ClockWorkMod recovery update.zip - be sure you have access to 3 buttons !

*I havent tested this beta so im assuming the buttons are remapped properly for only i9000 using that kernel he posted. but if i read on twitter correctly, all phones have proper keymapping, not sure.

12/19/10 - V3
    - SDcard now works
    - As internal storage
    - As USB storage

12/19/10 - V2
    improved pre-init script and mounts:
    no more insufficient space
    improved dual-boot solution
    faster boot
    faster disk I/O

12-18-10 - V1
    initial
    ----------------------------------------------------------

READ EVERY WORD IN THIS LINK AND IN THE LINKED POST BEFORE FLASHING, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICE TO FLASH THIS AND ANY BRICKS OR UNPLEASANT OCCURRENCES THAT MAY FOLLOW - CLICK ME FOR THE ROM AND INFO

Make sure you have voodoo preinstalled and NOT disabled before flashing

Warning! Be careful ADB might not work for you. Im on Windows 7 64 bit and lost ADB access, you might need to go into download mode and ODIN!

^Update to this, make sure you have the latest usb drivers from the Android SDK. Still gonna leave this warning up though because it doesnt work for me after updating the drivers.
    References/Guides
    kennethpenn posted a detailed n00b friendly guide to flashing this here
    Vibrant Voodoo Kernels can be found here

Enjoy the early taste of gingerbread, thanks to supercurio and the #NSdev channel! :)
    OK so been testing just as fast os NS
    since no data connection what so ever i pushed quadrant and here are my results with vibrant and 2.3 also note higher cache because of voodoo lagfix

and quadrant seems to have issues with 2.3 just like i thought... my main purpose for this was to compare vibrant 2.3 with my NS because of low 3D test results on NS but it seems its just they need to update quadrant to 2.3 standards

Not too bad ...NS with voodoo get avr 2500

img20101219143327.jpg
    Link please

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    its the first line in all caps lol, i wanted people to read it before clicking
    I wrote up some more detailed instructions here for noobies. :) Although this is an alpha build... so be careful.