[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2

Search This thread

mouseglider

May 1, 2010
Eagan, MN
www.kickstand4u.com
better way: turn your phone off, charge it for one day. now next part is critical to keep it at 100% fully charged...*don't* turn it on :(

best way: buy the zagg sparq and an extra battery or two! ;)

ultimate way: use somebody else's phone for all your fun and never worry about battery life again! :D :cool:

Yup, that works too because it does almost the same as an external charger - it is only charging the battery, not the phone to keep it running plus the battery, but as I said, buying a charger is really the way to go, because you can use your phone immediately simply by swapping batteries - you don't have to NOT use your phone. :)

mynewepic10

Oct 29, 2010
Houston, TX
For those that think I care about the battery charing I dont. I was just bringing it up becuase someone else did. I have a charger at work and an extra two batteries at home. So you do not need to comment on if I care about the battery anymore

blizzake

Nov 17, 2007
Hillsboro
So my brother has been running this rom for a few months then it started eating battery and tons of force closes.... couldnt even get phone calls or get to the launcher then when i went into recovery it wouldnt back up said creating backup image failed. Any one have an idea of what went wrong

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
So my brother has been running this rom for a few months then it started eating battery and tons of force closes.... couldnt even get phone calls or get to the launcher then when i went into recovery it wouldnt back up said creating backup image failed. Any one have an idea of what went wrong

Did you flash the journal on zip immediately after the ROM?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

mynewepic10

Oct 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Ok I have a weird problem. My volume is all the way up, but when I try to go through the ring tones it always freezes up and will not play any tones. My phone will not ring either. Is there something I did to make this happen?

mis3

Oct 29, 2010
I've done this numerous times. Still at some point it starts to FC upon reboot. I've set high memory settings and disabled FC's in the Launcher Pro settings as suggested in this thread to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Go launcher. It looks just like launcher pro, but allows resizing of widgets without paying a fee for plays version.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

CASHVILLEBOS

Apr 12, 2011
Nashville
Seriously guys - quit wasting your time "bump charging" - simply get yourself a cheap ebay battery charger - it even comes with a cheap battery and shipping and everything to your door for $8.00 - it will charge either battery to a full 100%! Granted the cheap battery will only last half, maybe 3/4 the time of your stock battery, but you simply need a charger - it will fully charge your battery without this time wasting "bump charging", and when you put a fully charged battery from that charger in your phone, it WILL register 100% and will stay at 100% for 10min or longer under light use depending and maybe longer depending on which battery of course.

Isn't a one time fee of $8 worth all the time you save from "bump charging" I do this on my phone and my wife's phone since the days of the PalmOS Treos.

Put it simply when you try to get 100% charge from plugging your phone in, you have to realize that the circuit in the battery talks to the circuit in your phone preventing your 100% from happening with any consistancy, and when you do get 100% it won't even stay at 100% for very long. Sheez!

If your gonna buy an external charger ur better off jst buyin a Extended Battery....bought mine off of Amazon and I haven't worried about battery life since! Honestly though if I didn have it I would still rather bump charge than waste my money on a ext charger (my personal opinion). Oh and everytime I've ever bump charger my phone stayed at 100% longer than 10mins....with light use of course.

bgaimur

Dec 24, 2009
If your gonna buy an external charger ur better off jst buyin a Extended Battery....bought mine off of Amazon and I haven't worried about battery life since! Honestly though if I didn have it I would still rather bump charge than waste my money on a ext charger (my personal opinion). Oh and everytime I've ever bump charger my phone stayed at 100% longer than 10mins....with light use of course.

I used an extended battery from eBay (china), and it stopped holding a charge last week. I went back to my regular battery, and I can say that I really missed having a much thinner phone.

That said, anyone found an extended battery that isn't larger in size?

mouseglider

May 1, 2010
Eagan, MN
www.kickstand4u.com

I guess each to their own - I like the lightness and thiness of the stock battery since I carry it in my pocket which is also why I don't use a case - but in fairness I use to use a thicker extended battery and it actually made my phone more comfortable to hold (old Samsung i330).

I simply like to pop a new battery every morning and simply rotate my batteries. One battery a day (about 12 hours on a cheap battery and about 20 hours on an OEM battery). This is with GPS on all the time, wifi on all the time with no special tricks or software to save battery - all my radios are turned on and ready to go at any time.

I also said it would hold 100% for at least 10min as a minimum - I have had it stay at 100% for an hour, granted it was not used :D

Edit: Also how many minutes does it take you to bump charge and re-bump charge to get your battery to 100% compared to simply swapping batteries - when you are rushing out of the house and want a 100% charge, I'll take a battery swap any day of 10 seconds or less - and yes I have tried bump charging on my phones and use to bump charge on RC cars, so I know all the little tricks

Last edited:

mynewepic10

Oct 29, 2010
Houston, TX
For some reason today I was geting a bunch of force closes. Message, swype, android system, etc. So I reflashed the rom because maybe it was something I installed. Was working great for 3-4 days. So we shall see.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I guess each to their own - I like the lightness and thiness of the stock battery since I carry it in my pocket which is also why I don't use a case - but in fairness I use to use a thicker extended battery and it actually made my phone more comfortable to hold (old Samsung i330).

I simply like to pop a new battery every morning and simply rotate my batteries. One battery a day (about 12 hours on a cheap battery and about 20 hours on an OEM battery). This is with GPS on all the time, wifi on all the time with no special tricks or software to save battery - all my radios are turned on and ready to go at any time.

I also said it would hold 100% for at least 10min as a minimum - I have had it stay at 100% for an hour, granted it was not used :D

Edit: Also how many minutes does it take you to bump charge and re-bump charge to get your battery to 100% compared to simply swapping batteries - when you are rushing out of the house and want a 100% charge, I'll take a battery swap any day of 10 seconds or less - and yes I have tried bump charging on my phones and use to bump charge on RC cars, so I know all the little tricks

Yup, two stock batteries and an external charger works perfect for me!

duck867

Jan 1, 2010
For some reason today I was geting a bunch of force closes. Message, swype, android system, etc. So I reflashed the rom because maybe it was something I installed. Was working great for 3-4 days. So we shall see.

You had corrupted data. Probably because of an incorrect shutoff, like pulling the battery. You can avoid this by turning on journaling, look for the file on the first page. You'll lose a little performance so it's a preference call.

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011
What type of performance loss and what exactly does it do?

Thanks.

By performance its basically overall speed. When journaling is on, your phone caches data in between "commands" (opening/closing apps) so getting corrupted data is pretty hard to get with this, but since the phone is caching data in between actions, you will see just a tiny bit of speed loss. Its barely noticeable, I personally never have any corruptions so I keep journaling off, but others get a lot of corruptions for some reason, so journaling is the best way to solve that problem

jk175d

Nov 29, 2010
so it's been a really long time since any new action on a Syndicate Rom. Since this one has been my favorite, along with Quantum which also stopped development long ago, but I'm sort of itching to try something new... what is a more recent ROM people are digging these days? I liked this one and quantum because they were nice and streamlined focusing on performance not style. What's out there that you guys like?

mynewepic10

Oct 29, 2010
Houston, TX
By performance its basically overall speed. When journaling is on, your phone caches data in between "commands" (opening/closing apps) so getting corrupted data is pretty hard to get with this, but since the phone is caching data in between actions, you will see just a tiny bit of speed loss. Its barely noticeable, I personally never have any corruptions so I keep journaling off, but others get a lot of corruptions for some reason, so journaling is the best way to solve that problem

I am guessing if you had issues like mine installing journal after the fact will not really do anything for you?

mynewepic10

Oct 29, 2010
Houston, TX

Also if you this does happen and you do not have journaling turned on there is nothing that can be done?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12qsQ.png
    Version 1.2 - with out kernel
    Updated 6/19/2011
    Screenshots, downloads, and changelog in second post!

Why SyndicateROM Frozen?

All of you Epic users who have been around the XDA community for a while probably recognize the SyndicateROM name. The original DI18-based SyndicateROM was one of the fastest, most refined, and most popular ROMs of its time. SyndicateROM Frozen is based on the official EC05 release of Android 2.2.1, and is built from the ground up for speed, stability, and battery life.

What's the secret sauce? Carrier IQ, the infamous Sprint spyware package, has been completely removed! More details in the second post - you won't believe what we found! Themers and other mod developers take note, many modifications were made to the system in order to achieve this exclusive feature.

What's in SyndicateROM Frozen?

SyndicateROM Frozen is:
    based on EC05
    kernel rooted
    deodexed
    zip-aligned
    PNG-optimized
    hand-tweaked from the ground up
    designed for EXT4
    CWM 3.0.2.5 compatible

Unlike the original, SyndicateROM Frozen comes in only two editions - Standard, and Fully Loaded. Standard is designed to be a combination of the previous Superslim and Standard - a lean, mean, super-fast battery-sipping machine. The developer's choice!

SyndicateROM Standard includes LauncherPro. All Samsung and Sprint bloatware are completely gone!

SyndicateROM Fully Loaded features TouchWiz instead of LauncherPro, and adds in Social Network Sync, Facebook, BuddiesNow, Program Monitor, and the stock live wallpapers. All the rest of the bloat is still gone!

Both versions feature Wireless and Wired Tether preinstalled!

Tweaks and bugfixes in SyndicateROM Frozen and the Twilight Zone kernel include:
    any and all lag completely destroyed
    Network speeds at their peak - no throttle service, buffers adjusted
    3G, 4G, and WiFi are stable
    Video recording issues have been resolved
    RNDIS no longer conflicts with ADB
    1xRTT properly displays, instead of the erroneous 3G icon
    The Sprint HTTPPD and RTSP proxies have been completely removed
    The 'battery full' popup and sound has been removed
    SMS/MMS messages and email have been removed from the call log
    A restart button has been added to the shutdown menu
    "AM" and "PM" have been removed from the clock
    Did we mention Carrier IQ is gone?
    Twilight Zone has custom undervolts using Voltage Control
    Twilight Zone features optimizations from 2.6.34, and many optimizations for the Cortex A8
    Animations correctly smoothed
    Transition animation speed automatically set to fast on first boot, completely user-adjustable after
    Hardware keyboard response improved with the Impaled Speed Demon Tweak
    Loud boot sound removed
    Ads in apps and websites blocked
    Bluetooth voice dialing fixed
    (continued in post below)
    Screenshots

Downloads - Version 1.2 - EXT4 only - See Installation Notes

We do not use file hosts with waiting times!

Downloads found here
    (No Fee & No Registration Needed)

To enable journaling: See here

Addons: TW4 :: AM/PM Restore, Fix 24-Hour Time (mirror)::

Installation Notes - READ THIS! WATCH THIS!

You need CWM 3.1.0.1 already installed. You need a froyo kernel if coming from gb or eclair

If you are not on an EC05 rom or SyndicateROM Frozen 1.0.1/1.0.2/1.1.0/1.1.1: Use Odin to flash the EC05 modem. UNCHECK EVERYTHING EXCEPT "AUTO REBOOT". Ensure you are on CWM3.1.0.1. Wipe data for best results, and flash the ROM.

If you coming from the EC05 OTA (stock): Download the ROM and copy it to your SD card first, then use the CWM3.1.0.1 one-click, wipe data, and flash the ROM.

If you are coming from another EC05 ROM with a working modem: Just flash the ROM with CWM3.1.0.1. If you get any FCs at all, wipe data and reflash.

If you are coming from SyndicateROM Frozen 1.0.1/1.0.2/: Flash the EC05 modem in Odin (UNCHECK EVERYTHING EXCEPT "AUTO REBOOT"), then flash the ROM.

This package will automatically backup and restore your data.
    A little lost on the above? User qbking77 has created a how-to video. Just click here.

Changelog

Version 1.2
    Darkkys zipalighn method
    Tweaked the file system for more speed and battery savings
    Default scheduler to BFQ
    Updated all apps
    Added Galaxy Tuner, KiesAir, SamsungApps, Voltage Control
    Baked in 6 lockscreen mod
    Updated theme

Version 1.1.1- Hajime-taisho -
    Custom Undervolting with Voltage Control from the market - tanimn
    Fugu-Tweaks - nikademus
    modified dalvik/libdvm.so - no2chem
    No2Chem's updated bionic - no2chem
    Impaled Keyboard Patch Fix - theimpaler747
    Increase Read Cache for better SD Card access - brainmaster
    Darkyy Ram Booster - darkky
    Modified Sqlite.so
    Changed build finerprint back to Epic EC05
    Added Darkkys Gallery No more battery drain*
    Added Crutch lite (enables all downloads in stock browser)
    aosp lock screen is defualt
    gps crash workaround - mkasick
    gps assistance - mkasick*
    silent option on volume controlls - mkasick*
    updated theme - maddogin
    chris41g - tw date fix

Version 1.1.0 - Takiya - Support posts start here
    quirk: even the modified browser doesn't download all files - this is expected and occurs on all ROMs, custom or stock, but will be solved regardless.
    quirk: MP3 files don't open from a file manager. Will be looked into.
    quirk: If you use the stock YouTube uploading feature, you need to put MediaUploader.apk from the Stock Apps addon in /system/app. May readd in 1.1.1.
    known bug (DK28/EB13/EC05 stock and custom ROMs): Very limited numbers of users see battery drain due to the gallery.
    known bug (kernel): Wired Tether doesn't work (Samsung broke it again, we're working on it)
    known bug (kernel): limited numbers of users experience freezes, IF YOU GET FREEZES, READ THIS OR TRY VISIONKERNEL
    known bug: browser FC on Save As - fix in the works
    all the goodness added up to this point
    based on EC05
    removed low battery killers in camera, music, video players
    added Flash Player 10.2
    added Adobe Reader
    added modified CM6 browser (window limit gone, Incognito Mode available, no checkerboarding)
    added TWS display fix
    modified calendar widget
    added AppWidgetPicker
    all apps up to date
    updated to Twilight Zone 1.1.0
    (kernel) back to basics with fresh EC05 source and codesourcery 2009q3 toolchain
    (kernel) Voodoo Sound 6
    (kernel) 1.3ghz new top speed
    (kernel) 600mhz step added for smoother scaling at stock frequencies
    (kernel) conservative governor is fixed. (On Demand is still default)
    (kernel) adjustable hardware keyboard patch
    (kernel) tun.ko added to modules for VPN support
    (kernel) framerate cap raised to 72fps
    (kernel) DVSINT1 raised to 1.125v for higher clocks and better stability
    (kernel) sports mode back and working for the camera
    (kernel) sysfs interface for scaling_available_frequencies

Version 1.0.2 - Malanga
    integrated Tether fixes
    integrated Hotspot fix
    integrated mapping fix
    added recompiled libdvm.so
    really removed battery popup
    added Battery Mod app
    added automatic backup/restore
    restored all stock ringtones
    added "real phone" ringtone (default)
    updated hosts file
    updated MyBackup Root
    added Voodoo Control App (controls Voodoo Sound settings)
    updated kernel to Twilight Zone 1.0.4
    (Fully Loaded) moved live wallpapers, Samsung widgets to /data/app
    (kernel) built with crosstool-ng (no more CodeSourcery)
    (kernel) added Voodoo Sound (big sound quality increase!)
    (kernel) increased framerate cap

Version 1.0.1 - Madhouse
    known bug: Sprint Hotspot not working for some users, FIXED, DOWNLOAD AND FLASH
    known bug: FCs on apps with mapping, FIXED, DOWNLOAD AND FLASH
    known bug: Wired/WiFi Tether FC, FIXED, DOWNLOAD AND FLASH
    re-architectured CIQ removal fix - themers/modders take note - resigning no longer neccesary
    fixed SSL bug
    fixed email bug
    created AM/PM restore addon, fixes 24-hour time
    removed modified libsqlite.so - improves database stability, possible FC fix for those affected by Wireless Tether issues
    added MyBackup Root
    added Adao File Manager - far superior to My Files
    fixed white pixels around GPS, 1X icons
    fixed GPS animation frame display order - minor; locks now show two bars, not one
    Social Network Sync included in both versions
    Google Search re-added
    malware patch included - thanks Rodderik
    SMS/MMS notification icons changed to DI18 versions (black > yellow)
    Google Maps updated
    Wireless Tether updated
    (Fully Loaded) Facebook updated
    (Fully Loaded) added stock live wallpapers
    added new kernel version - thanks tanimn!
    (kernel) tweaked voltages, 1.2ghz should be stable for the few users it wasn't stable for before
    (kernel) updated tether support
    (kernel) boots at 800mhz, runs at 1ghz by default
    (kernel) updated toolchain
    (kernel) fixed charging animation while phone off bug
    (kernel) memory leak for those affected fixed
    (current upload) fixed Market FC
    (current upload) fixed Email bug completely
    (current upload) Phone icon blue again
    (current upload) Wireless Tether really added

Version 1.0 - Manriki
    initial release
    running at 1.2ghz, use SetCPU to set to 1.0ghz with undervolting
    Known bug: Google Quick Search/search button on home screen behaves improperly - fix coming
    Known bug: kernel not scaling (to 1.0ghz max from 1.2ghz max in SetCPU) correctly - FIXED! DOWNLOAD AND FLASH, use the On-Demand governor!
    Known bug: 24 hour time not displaying correctly, thanks jsheahawk.
    Known bug: Email.apk force closes. Try clearing data in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. A fix is being worked on, use K9 Mail in the meantime.
    Graphical quirk: few white pixels in some status icons. Will be fixed!

Important Notes

To ROM devs: A clean version of the affected frameworks and other files have been uploaded here. Other than Carrier IQ's removal, the Throttle Service has also been removed, along with the Sprint RTSP and HTTPPD proxies. Aside from those changes they are stock. Note all of the APKs in that package must be given the same signature, along with anything else using android.uid.shared (including TouchWiz, Sns*, and more). If the CIQ removal process causes any unforseen issues, please join us at irc.fossnet.info #acs-users, we'll be happy to help.

To themers: Your themes are still fully compatible with SyndicateROM Frozen! However, you should download the package above, and make sure that if your theme modifies any of the included files, you use the versions from this ROM to prevent FCs in your users' systems.

To theme and users: Do not use themes or mods unless they are designed for EC05 and explicitly compatible with this ROM!
    Notes

To get wireless tethering to work:

Go into settings of the Wireless tether app before you start
    Change the Device Type to Epic
    Then, ensure that you are NOT on 4G
    Start the tether
    Once connected on 3G, you can turn on 4G, it will work now.
    NEVER turn on 4G before you start the tether

If USB doesn't work, reboot.
    All themes must become compatiable
    Fully Loaded IS coming shortly
    Need more help? See qbking's videos here!

Review by qbking:

Credits

We would like to thank everyone below for their hard work, and for their valuable contributions, some of which we've included in this ROM. The entire Android Creative Syndicate thanks you!
    rjmjr69 For his team leadership and support that makes this possible.
    k0nane While you have taken a break from developing, YOU started this rom and made it what it was. Thank you for that, and thank you for allowing us to continue your work
    tanimn - for the (continuing) hard work on the Twilight Zone kernel, THANK YOU!
    MysteryEmotionz - continuing the work after k0 had left. This new rom is mostly his doing. Thank you! And thank you for: theme porting from Shuriken, AM/PM mod, accurate battery framework, reboot mod, other theme assistance
    thomasskull666 - contributions to the Twilight Zone kernel
    ZHkilla - graphics, boot animation, theme porting from Shuriken, accurate battery images
    Dreamsforgotten - theme assistance, theme porting from Shuriken
    theimpaler747 - Keyboard tweak, battery mod app, modified calendar widget, awesome moderator
    qbking - Great how to videos, tester.
    jez2cool - testing
    nanncee - testing
    Konikub - screenshot compilation above
    Shabbypenguin - mirror hosting
    DevinXtreme - original fixes in Xtreme Kernel
    geniusdog254 - original fixes in Xtreme Kernel
    nullghost - idle timer from 2.6.34 (kernel), sysfs interface for scaling_available_frequencies (kernel)
    mkasick - camera fix patch (kernel), Wired Tether updates, hardware keyboard fix patch (kernel), TWS display fix, enhanced keyboard fix (kernel)
    supercurio - Voodoo Sound (kernel), Voodoo Control
    Rodderik - framerate cap increase (kernel), 1.3ghz (kernel), Clockwork Mod Recovery 3.0.2.5, EXT4 portage
    Mammon88 and the Bonsai team - select initscripts, original network speed tweaks, backup/restore scripts
    Untermensch (Vibrant) - original 'battery full' tweaks, modifed CM6 browser
    the users - for patiently waiting for this release

If we've used something of yours or you've contributed in any way and we've not added your name above, we apologize! Please send k0nane or rjmjr69 a PM and we'll get you added as soon as possible.

Donations

SyndicateROM Frozen and any other ACS productions are not, and will never be donationware. However, we have put many hours into the development of SyndicateROM Frozen, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is deeply appreciated.

Sigh...

As mentioned before, SRF stands for SyndicateROM Frozen, which would no longer apply to any future builds as frozen is indicating Froyo. SRF is dead. K0nane was the original creator of SyndicateROM and is no longer a part of the project, so any release will, sadly, not *truly* be a SyndicateROM. Also considering the fact that he is not a member of said Syndicate, it wouldn't be named that if he were to release another ROM.

When MysteryEmotionz took over the maintaining of SRF and updated to 1.2, it was a glorious day for us Epic users to see the next incarnation of such a wonderful ROM. I truly hope someone in ACS can meet the excellent standard set by k0nane and Mystery to produce an amazing ROM. I'm partial to the SyndicateROM mainly because I've been with it since the beginning, but I would say marcusant made some really outstanding ROMs after the restructuring of ACS that could compete with SyndicateROM, but again unfortunately he is no longer a member of ACS either.

I know chris41g is an outstanding dev, but also a busy man with other things to attend to outside the realm of android development. I know it's hard but have patience as I believe one day we will see another excellent SyndicateROM.

But seriously, stop asking for it like you are entitled to it. I'm sure you've been waiting for a while now but so has everyone else, and exclaiming your impatience in this thread is not helping anything.

So ya don't expect SyndicateROM Frozen, expect a new iteration of SyndicateROM. I'm drunk.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
    Emotionless Beast has been updated 2. Happy fathers day guys.