Zte open c 2.1

Search This thread

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
This is the latest 2.1 for ZTE OPEN C, to install download extract to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup use .50 recovery to install by choosing restore, navigate to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/new_2.1 then let .50 recovery restore 2.1, reboot and enjoy 2.1

in recovery mode

backup and restore > restore from /external_sd > new_2.1 > yes restore

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_6NtXCtTLkHeGgzcDVwWnZWR2c&usp=sharing

my roms use stock kernel, comes from Open_C_upgrade_Tool: http://alturl.com/2bpns

Last edited:

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014
This is the latest 2.1 for ZTE OPEN C, to install download extract to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup use .50 recovery to install by choosing restore, navigate to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/new_2.1 then let .50 recovery restore 2.1, reboot and enjoy 2.1

in recovery mode

Thank you so much vampirefo, I am loving this build so far!

a_tumiwa

Jul 16, 2014
thanks man
overall i like it
the only negative is when unstick App Transition, opening/closing app/setting becomes very slow (in 1.4 i did unstick to make it faster/smooth)

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
2.1 works well, however 1.4 is more refined, closer to being released, Once 2.1 gets closer to being released it will be the preferred firefox version.

Reactions: duttyend

YemSalat

Aug 9, 2014
Thanks for the build!

But could you please explain how to use .50 recovery?

I am trying to flash it to my open c with:
adb push cw_recovery_50.img /sdcard/cwm.img

But I get:
failed to copy 'cw_recovery_50.img' to '/sdcard/cwm.img': Read-only file system

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Thanks for the build!

But I get:

You don't have to adb push the recovery to sdcard, use fastboot to boot recovery.

fastboot boot cw_recovery_50.img

or to install recovery

fastboot flash recovery cw_recovery_50.img

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Well I've got an sdcard in it which I used on 1.4. Or do I need to initialize it or do anything in particular? I even did 'format' of the recovery menu..

Unless you have used recovery to make a backup, then you need to create all the folders, if you have used recovery to make a backup, folders would have been created except for new_2.1, which is made when you extract 2.1.

if you don't have /clockworkmod/backup folders on your sdcard you need to make them, then in /clockworkmod/backup extract 2.1

in recovery mount external_sd

then post output of

adb shell ls /external_sd/

adb shell ls /external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/

Reactions: happyassshit

YemSalat

Aug 9, 2014
Thanks for the tip!
I managed to get .50 recovery working, but now when I am restoring from external_sd it says:
Error while restoring /system!

Last edited:

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
No, your sdcard is bad, if you have room on internal sdcard, make folders and extract 2.1 there.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

YemSalat

Aug 9, 2014
No, your sdcard is bad, if you have room on internal sdcard, make folders and extract 2.1 there.

I just did an adb push to the card:

adb push new_2.1 /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/new_2.1/

But when I'm in .50 recovery - it does not see the new_2.1 folder. It only sees the one it created earlier when I did a backup.

Any idea what the heck could be wrong? xP

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
The version I uploaded is restore only, you could make a zip install if you want, use Google to find info how to build cwm installation zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

in recovery mode

my roms use stock kernel, comes from Open_C_upgrade_Tool: http://alturl.com/2bpns
    Thanks for the build!

But I get:

You don't have to adb push the recovery to sdcard, use fastboot to boot recovery.

fastboot boot cw_recovery_50.img

or to install recovery

fastboot flash recovery cw_recovery_50.img
    Yes .50 recovery will downgrade you to 1.4.

2.1 works well, however 1.4 is more refined, closer to being released, Once 2.1 gets closer to being released it will be the preferred firefox version.
    Well I've got an sdcard in it which I used on 1.4. Or do I need to initialize it or do anything in particular? I even did 'format' of the recovery menu..

Unless you have used recovery to make a backup, then you need to create all the folders, if you have used recovery to make a backup, folders would have been created except for new_2.1, which is made when you extract 2.1.

if you don't have /clockworkmod/backup folders on your sdcard you need to make them, then in /clockworkmod/backup extract 2.1

in recovery mount external_sd

then post output of

adb shell ls /external_sd/

adb shell ls /external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/