[MOD][UPDATED] BootAnimation Enabler for STOCK ROMS

Search This thread

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu
DISCLAIMER NOTE: I AND XDA IS NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOUR PHONE MIGHT INCUR DURING THIS PROCESS, I HAVE TESTED IT IN MY BEST KNOWLEDGE TO WORK FOR OUR DEVICE BUT JUST TO BE SURE, PLEASE PERFORM ALL NECESSARY BACKUPS FOR THE PHONE TO PREVENT ANY DATA LOSS, IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO DISAGREE AND/OR FAIL TO COMPLY JUST DONT FLASH IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES

PLEASE RESPECT MY WORK, DO NOT UPLOAD THIS TO OTHER WEBSITES, P2P, FTP AND OTHER MEANS OF FILE TRANSFER WITHOUT MY CONSENT, ALSO IF U WANT TO INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR WORK/ DEVELOPMENT, OR IF YOU BASE YOUR WORK IN ANY OF MY FILES THAT IS CONTAINED WITHIN THE DATA PLEASE CREDIT ME AND LINK THE FILES HERE IF EVER YOU NEED TO POST IT IN YOUR BLOG/WEBSITE, IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH MY WORK, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS IN A RESPECTFUL AND DECENT MANNER ARE ALWAYS WELCOME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS A MOD TO ENABLE BOOTANIMATION.ZIP FOR STOCK ROMS MMKAY?

PRESS THANKS AND SAVE THE WORLD :p
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREREQUISITES:
1. A Samsung Galaxy Y (Duh!)
2. Recovery Mode (Stock or CWM it does'nt matter)
3. Basic Knowledge in flashing updater scripts (dont worry i have a guide below to help people out)
5. Lastly, a good working brain

[HOW IT WORKS FOR THE MOD]​

For those using CWM Kernels (Savie's, White's, Merruk's above 1.8)

1. ENTER CWM RECOVERY BY HOLDING VOLUME UP+CENTER KEY+POWER
2. GO TO MOUNTS AND STORAGE AND SELECT MOUNT SYSTEM
3. SELECT STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip FROM SD CARD (NO NEED FOR DATA WIPE/CACHE WIPE)
4. AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO :D

For Non-CWM Kernels (STOCK, Ironbuang, KURO, koneu, REPENCIS, IFRAN, TEMRA KERNELS)

1. When the phone is off press and hold VOLUME UP+CENTER KEY+POWER for 5 secs
2. from stock recovery select "update from SD card"
3. select "cwm_bla_bla.zip"
4. now your phone will run the CWM, go to "install zip from SD"
5. from there choose "choose zip from SDcard"
6. navigate through the folder where you have saved the "STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip"
7. select "yes", wait till it finishes, then reboot system

[IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG:]​

1. DON'T PANIC!
- DON'T POST "OMG! YOU [$%^&] [%^&] [$%$##] HELP ME, ME PHONE NO WORKY, OH MAI" AND POST IN THE GENERAL, DEVELOPMENT, AND THEME

2. TRY TO READ THE WHOLE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN, MAYBE YOU MISSED A STEP (REALLY) OR YOU DID NOT GET SOME OF THE INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY

3. NOTE SPECIFIC DETAILS ON WHAT YOU DID BEFORE FLASHING

4. IF IT STILL DOES NOT WORK AND YOU FEEL YOU DID EVERYTHING CORRECTLY,
POST HERE ON THIS THREAD NOT THE Q&A THREAD OR ANY OTHER THREAD SO THAT PEOPLE WILL REPLY AND EXPEDITE YOUR ISSUE RIGHT AWAY
(IF SOLVED DO'NT PROCEED TO STEP 5)

5.IF ALL POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FAIL,
CALL CHUCK NORRIS :(, OR JUST REFLASH THE ROM AND START OVER

[Troubleshooting]

---No reports since updated 9/22/12

Credits:
CM10 bootanimation by CM Team

Attachments

• STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip
    608.7 KB · Views: 20,619
Last edited:

mai77

Nov 16, 2011
including

ro.build.date=Mon 16 Jan 19:22:01 KST 2011

lol

I am on March 7th

can't go back to bloody January :eek::rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

delete_recursive("/system/etc/init.d");
ui_print("INITIALIZING SCRIPT...");

what if someone put a tweak in init.d ?

android.gif
android.gif

Last edited:

jhapz

Jan 21, 2012
i've seen the zip file,each folder has 2 copies,y? and is that build.prop necessary? pls also specify on what rom hav u tested it

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
I though the most important part in this mod are two files in /system/bin and bootanimation.zip. it seems safe to remove anything else from the original file.

repencis

Jan 26, 2012
hi man... why ur updater script deleted init.d folder???
if any rom using this with init.d modif .. mybe can be lost of data in init.d folder

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
hi man... why ur updater script deleted init.d folder???
if any rom using this with init.d modif .. mybe can be lost of data in init.d folder

well...we can manually push the file to the system or make another script for the installation. repencis has cool cm7 bootanimation. it will be nice if we can enable it

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
seems that his script is for Hybrid rom.. sorry if this is a noob question but wats the need of these codes and build.prop

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0777, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/00banner");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/01sysctl");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/02firstboot");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/06zipalign");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/04apps2sd");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.d/99complete");

Crackion

Sep 17, 2012
Caracas
hi brother, i didnt know about your updating D: i was typing you in another threads :D

i will try this one but if it doesnt work, it dont matter, you could give me a hand? :D

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu
hi brother, i didnt know about your updating D: i was typing you in another threads :D

i will try this one but if it doesnt work, it dont matter, you could give me a hand? :D

sure,
i'm 90% sure that my new update will work in all stock roms,
i tested it 3 times,
and had like 12 builds for it,
and the last build was the perfect working one,

menewtoroot

Oct 6, 2012
delhi
Is there any way i can return back to stock animation aftrr flashing this zip.???

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Nachiket.Namjoshi

Aug 16, 2012
◄♪♫██ ♪♫►
I dunno whats happening though....

I flash thru CWM and reboot.

it gives bootanim, lags a bit and boot anim goes on FOREVER

i mean if i press the lock button, the screen turns off. and still it doesnt end.

once i tried it with auto rotation on.
the screen auto rotates i can see a lil part past the boot anim (lol)

plz explain this :D

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I dunno whats happening though....

I flash thru CWM and reboot.

it gives bootanim, lags a bit and boot anim goes on FOREVER

i mean if i press the lock button, the screen turns off. and still it doesnt end.

once i tried it with auto rotation on.
the screen auto rotates i can see a lil part past the boot anim (lol)

plz explain this :D

Iv used this loads of times without problem
remember to mount system and its for stock based roms only

Restore your nandriod backup if you have problems

you can also try using aroma file manager (Google it) and flash it in cwm with system mounted and then goto
system/media and delete bootanimation.zip

Nachiket.Namjoshi

Aug 16, 2012
◄♪♫██ ♪♫►
Iv used this loads of times without problem
remember to mount system and its for stock based roms only

Restore your nandriod backup if you have problems

you can also try using aroma file manager (Google it) and flash it in cwm with system mounted and then goto
system/media and delete bootanimation.zip

Loll. That's not a problem... I wanna get that boot anim. That's the problem.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER NOTE: I AND XDA IS NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOUR PHONE MIGHT INCUR DURING THIS PROCESS, I HAVE TESTED IT IN MY BEST KNOWLEDGE TO WORK FOR OUR DEVICE BUT JUST TO BE SURE, PLEASE PERFORM ALL NECESSARY BACKUPS FOR THE PHONE TO PREVENT ANY DATA LOSS, IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO DISAGREE AND/OR FAIL TO COMPLY JUST DONT FLASH IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES

PLEASE RESPECT MY WORK, DO NOT UPLOAD THIS TO OTHER WEBSITES, P2P, FTP AND OTHER MEANS OF FILE TRANSFER WITHOUT MY CONSENT, ALSO IF U WANT TO INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR WORK/ DEVELOPMENT, OR IF YOU BASE YOUR WORK IN ANY OF MY FILES THAT IS CONTAINED WITHIN THE DATA PLEASE CREDIT ME AND LINK THE FILES HERE IF EVER YOU NEED TO POST IT IN YOUR BLOG/WEBSITE, IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH MY WORK, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS IN A RESPECTFUL AND DECENT MANNER ARE ALWAYS WELCOME

THIS IS A MOD TO ENABLE BOOTANIMATION.ZIP FOR STOCK ROMS MMKAY?

PRESS THANKS AND SAVE THE WORLD :p
    PREREQUISITES:
    1. A Samsung Galaxy Y (Duh!)
    2. Recovery Mode (Stock or CWM it does'nt matter)
    3. Basic Knowledge in flashing updater scripts (dont worry i have a guide below to help people out)
    5. Lastly, a good working brain

[HOW IT WORKS FOR THE MOD]​

For those using CWM Kernels (Savie's, White's, Merruk's above 1.8)

1. ENTER CWM RECOVERY BY HOLDING VOLUME UP+CENTER KEY+POWER
    2. GO TO MOUNTS AND STORAGE AND SELECT MOUNT SYSTEM
    3. SELECT STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip FROM SD CARD (NO NEED FOR DATA WIPE/CACHE WIPE)
    4. AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO :D

For Non-CWM Kernels (STOCK, Ironbuang, KURO, koneu, REPENCIS, IFRAN, TEMRA KERNELS)

1. When the phone is off press and hold VOLUME UP+CENTER KEY+POWER for 5 secs
    2. from stock recovery select "update from SD card"
    3. select "cwm_bla_bla.zip"
    4. now your phone will run the CWM, go to "install zip from SD"
    5. from there choose "choose zip from SDcard"
    6. navigate through the folder where you have saved the "STOCKBOOTENABLER-deathnotice01.zip"
    7. select "yes", wait till it finishes, then reboot system

[IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG:]​

1. DON'T PANIC!
    - DON'T POST "OMG! YOU [$%^&] [%^&] [$%$##] HELP ME, ME PHONE NO WORKY, OH MAI" AND POST IN THE GENERAL, DEVELOPMENT, AND THEME

2. TRY TO READ THE WHOLE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN, MAYBE YOU MISSED A STEP (REALLY) OR YOU DID NOT GET SOME OF THE INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY

3. NOTE SPECIFIC DETAILS ON WHAT YOU DID BEFORE FLASHING

4. IF IT STILL DOES NOT WORK AND YOU FEEL YOU DID EVERYTHING CORRECTLY,
    POST HERE ON THIS THREAD NOT THE Q&A THREAD OR ANY OTHER THREAD SO THAT PEOPLE WILL REPLY AND EXPEDITE YOUR ISSUE RIGHT AWAY
    (IF SOLVED DO'NT PROCEED TO STEP 5)

5.IF ALL POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FAIL,
    CALL CHUCK NORRIS :(, OR JUST REFLASH THE ROM AND START OVER

[Troubleshooting]

---No reports since updated 9/22/12

Credits:
    CM10 bootanimation by CM Team
    [UPDATED!!]

Changelog
    9/22/12

-removed useless build.prop from previous version

-updated script (no more init.d deletion)

-no more bootloopzzzz
    thanks men i tested on my GT-S6102 SGYD Samsung Galaxy Young Duos with Odex Stock Rom and it's work fine
    First blood sir i would like to ask sir if it is ok.to use this one while im using the custom kernel?is their any conflict?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
    Its works on rom which have boot animation locked

Sent From My GT-S5830 Using Tapatalk 2