white HTC vivid or galaxy s2?

Search This thread

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
hey guys, just wanting to get some opinions. i have the galaxy s2 running miui but i am wanting to try the white HTC vivid. I'm hesitant because the Vivid doesn't have much of a dev support.

if you all had the ability to choose between the two, what phone would you guys pick?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
I sold my white S2 to buy a white Vivid. This is my first HTC device as well.

Cons:

- No Perma-Root (I use many apps that require root)
- Exynos > Snapdragon S3 (S2 felt faster in loading apps/transitions, but the Vivid still feels smooth and quick, especially the browser)
- Speakers are quite low on the Vivid while the S2's were quite loud and clear.
- My Vivid has 1 dust particle underneath the screen. Not a big deal because you can't see it while the screen is on, but its still there.
- SAMOLED+ produces better looking colors, but the higher res screen on the Vivid is a decent trade-off.

Apart from those, I don't miss anything from the S2 and prefer everything else on the Vivid. Vivid has better software which gives a better stock experience. Once custom roms come out, the Vivid will be even better but I'm more than contempt with the phone as it is right now.

Reactions: saywhat4118

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas

Cons:

- Exynos > Snapdragon S3 (S2 felt faster in loading apps/transitions, but the Vivid still feels smooth and quick, especially the browser)
- My Vivid has 1 dust particle underneath the screen. Not a big deal because you can't see it while the screen is on, but its still there.
- SAMOLED+ produces better looking colors, but the higher res screen on the Vivid is a decent trade-off.

Apart from those, I don't miss anything from the S2 and prefer everything else on the Vivid. Vivid has better software which gives a better stock experience. Once custom roms come out, the Vivid will be even better but I'm more than contempt with the phone as it is right now.

Thanks yeah that's what i was thinking as well. I do love the HTC build quality though that's the main reason I am thinking about switching.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

nohcho

Aug 22, 2009
I just want to say that samoled is not superior in any way to the screen that vivd uses. The sreen on my vivid is actually very good. Samoled produses ovesaturated colors that just look unnatural, it us unable to display whites, is prone to burn in and is not very efficient when not displaying datk colors.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
It depends the LTE is a m a z I n g

The development will be here soon enough , I have both I love the vivid and the gs2
But the LTE is keeping me here

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Ceasare

Dec 17, 2010
Fort Worth
How long before the dev community and efforts pic up? Also, I hear that the video and low light camera functions were squirrelly. Is that true?

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
Development will probably pick up when HTC let's us unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my HTC Vivid™

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Hope development picks up soon because I just sold the gs2 for 450. Gonna pick up the vivid tomorrow morning. Luckily I was able to get the unlimited by doing the iPhone2g trick. LTE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: akcooper9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cons:

Hope development picks up soon because I just sold the gs2 for 450. Gonna pick up the vivid tomorrow morning. Luckily I was able to get the unlimited by doing the iPhone2g trick. LTE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk