[Q] Is my phone hard-bricked?

Search This thread

Milothicus

Jul 16, 2010
I was trying to install a new os on my phone today (previously running aokp with no issues), and i clearly did something wrong.

i'm using twrp, and i had tried to install cyanfox, and a slimrom, both failed in the installation, saying 'could not read zip file' or something along those lines. so a few times i recovered using a backup i had made of my aokp rom.

the installation directions i was following indicated that i should be formatting a lot of things, including the system partition, so the next time i rebooted into twrp, i pressed 'wipe', and then pressed the format button on the right (can't remember the label) rather than just swiping, which i believe formats the main partition. i thought this was what i was supposed to do...

now i can't reboot into recovery or download mode. all i get is the galaxy s iii and aokp logo screen.

which unbrick method do i need to use?

is it that easy to mess up my phone beyond repair?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Which phone do you have? Have you ever installed a stock 4.3 ROM on your phone? If not, you could try flashing a stock ROM if you can get into download mode with a USB jig.

Milothicus

Jul 16, 2010
It's a 747m, from Fido, in canada. i used the d2att version of aokp without a problem.

what is a usb jig?

Milothicus

Jul 16, 2010
Nevermind... got it booted into recovery, and reinstalled aokp and gapps without issue.

This thread can be deleted...

Last edited: