QiPack Wireless Portable Charging

Search This thread

acuce

May 2, 2011
Nexus5 now has 100% working Qi wireless charging. I believe it's should be workable for Nexus 4.:highfive:

I learned from Geeky Gadgets, it's pure and complete wireless without cable or power wire, which has this week launched on the Kickstarter.com crowd funding website.:good:

Attachments

• qipack_wireless-portable-charger.jpg
    qipack_wireless-portable-charger.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 370

acuce

May 2, 2011
So what's the difference

Good question. Some guy post the same question in kickstarter,

The creator answered as following:
1. QiPack is the world's thinnest inductive charger - it's 60% thinner (even 50% thinner than Sony CP-W5) than ARK
2. QiPack has an aesthetically-pleasing, sleek design. Take its aluminum shell for example - in order make sure the Aluminum is 300% stronger and 30% thinner, we've made the effort to find the same supplier of HTC.
3. QiPack offers high-efficiency and rapid charging. Optimized on the most stable wireless charging chips and the latest WPC Qi 1.1 standards, QiPack's wireless charging capabilities have a transmitting efficiency of up to 75% - 78%.

Geo2160

Jan 2, 2012
even 50% thinner than Sony CP-W5

Too bad they don't mention the fact that it only has 60% of the capacity.

It certainly looks good, but looks only don't justify the price tag, especially when you can find other qi enabled power banks with double or even triple the capacity at a similar price point. Here's what I found after a 5 minute search:

http://www.dx.com/p/m8-qi-standard-...-power-source-bank-silver-281027#.U1z1mrEm-Uk

aluminium frame, 70% more capacity, similar thickness

http://www.dx.com/p/mikasso-tx-5600...-1000mah-power-bank-white-233925#.U1z25rEm-Uk

triple the capacity, similar thickness, cheaper, especially considering free worldwide shipping

acuce

May 2, 2011
There are too big for me.

I need some thinner and portable for my iPhone emergency use when i travel, QiPack will shipping free by Amazon in USA, so i believe QiPack is the right item.

Anyway, thanks for your sharing

Lucky_Slevin

Jan 11, 2014
No thanks. Not worth it. Only thing it has going for it is the design.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app