[Q] Cant get Vanir 4.4.2 working S7710 xcover2

Search This thread

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
When i flashed VanirAOSP 4.4.2 on my xcover 2 everything else worked like it should but sim card stuff.
I lost imei and baseband was unknown.
Cant make a phone call or anything else related to sim card but got those back when restored old backup of stock rom.

I did just like instructions said but everytime when i flash vanir i lose those.

Tried efs backup and restore but it didnt help.

If someone knows what im talking about and knows how to fix this skomer would be more than grateful (dead) :fingers-crossed:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Are you using the correct version of CWM that the developers suggested on their thread? It's most likely that or you have a mismatched baseband. You should be able to use Odin to install the latest one for your region to bring back your service. This is why it's often suggested to back up your EFS before installing custom rom. Seems to happen a more on Samsung devices with non TouchWiz based roms. Luckily, this seems like an easy fix, but there's a chance of losing your EFS partition with stuff like this, and that's a whole new world of trouble.

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Are you using the correct version of CWM that the developers suggested on their thread? It's most likely that or you have a mismatched baseband. You should be able to use Odin to install the latest one for your region to bring back your service. This is why it's often suggested to back up your EFS before installing custom rom. Seems to happen a more on Samsung devices with non TouchWiz based roms. Luckily, this seems like an easy fix, but there's a chance of losing your EFS partition with stuff like this, and that's a whole new world of trouble.

i did use correct cwm and tested others but wont get efs things working =( thanks for reply =)

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Cant do it right now because i shipped it to warranty repair =) the chargers hatch didnt stay closed =)

pattwall

Jun 1, 2014
the same probl

Cant do it right now because i shipped it to warranty repair =) the chargers hatch didnt stay closed =)

I got the same problem except I flashed the cm10.1/10.2/11.0... lost sim, IMEI, baseband (I´m a noob btw).
Went back to stock (rooted with cwm), works fine though. But sure as hell would like to cm 11.0 to run with a working phone,
it was really smoothe...

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
I got the same problem except I flashed the cm10.1/10.2/11.0... lost sim, IMEI, baseband (I´m a noob btw).
Went back to stock (rooted with cwm), works fine though. But sure as hell would like to cm 11.0 to run with a working phone,
it was really smoothe...

its nice to know that im not the only noob in here, keeping fingers crossed and dreaming about the day when we get our skomers working perfectly.

Tosujak

Feb 6, 2014
I'm stricken as well. I tried both Vanir and CM and had no signal on either of them.

I'm using CWM 6.0.4.6, wiped all filesystems I dared (/system, /data, all the caches I found). I haven't flashed modem fw though (how, is there any link for firmware?).

After the flash, I can see IMEI in phone information, but I don't have any mobile signal. Flashing back to stock firmware resolves the signal issue (well, last time I just used CWM's backup functionality and it worked like a charm).

XxLowRiderxX

Jun 12, 2014
same here :(
has anybody a solution for it? my imei is empty after flashing something. i tried to backup my efs partition but dont know if its right. Just create a tar file of my efs partition.

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
Hello there.
It's the same for me. Every time, I install vanir, my device looses it's IMEI. I install it with the modified CWM by the Dev without any errors. Everything seems to be OK except the IMEI. If I go back to XXAND2 by Backup, everything is OK again. I also tried an efs backup, but in vanir I have problems to get it back, "error, empty archive" it says. I'm really confused about that.
Greets
5n00p3r

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Got my phone back from repair couple days ago and its brand new xcover2 but still the same when flashing =( ... i tried efs backup and restore but said it cant be found or something like that. And im 100% sure i had the backup on my sd and its still there but it is what it is. Im going to wait for someone smarter than me to figure it out and keep the stock**** for now.

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Holy cow! I did it.
I got everything working exept baseband it says now xxxx but that doesnt bother me cause i can now make phone calls and messages.
Dont know about how right my method was but it worked, i copied efs folder and modemfs folder from stock rom to my ext sdcard and flashed vanir then with root browser i deleted everything from those folders and replaced with copies i made... sounds weird but im happy :good:

Reactions: harrym1147

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
Hm, seems to be a solution. This is my biggest problem, too. What about updating Vanir to a newer built, when you have vanir already installed? Have you tried it too? Do you have to copy the efs again?

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
Hm, seems to be a solution. This is my biggest problem, too. What about updating Vanir to a newer built, when you have vanir already installed? Have you tried it too? Do you have to copy the efs again?

Yes i did update it and there was no need to copy/paste again. But im confused about baseband : XXXX, could that do harm later on?

Its good to keep the copies on extsd cause if messups happen u dont have to fight with them backup things which didnt work for me.

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
Sounds simple. I'll try it next time. But do I have to clean the Dalvik cache too before installing vanir or should I just do the wipe?

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
It's like someone doesn't want me to use this ROM ? I tried your hint and copied efs and modemfs to SD, installed Vanir and GAPPS, copied efs and modemfs back with Total Commander, restarted and all was the same as before - no IMEI.

BallStone

Jun 21, 2011
It's like someone doesn't want me to use this ROM ? I tried your hint and copied efs and modemfs to SD, installed Vanir and GAPPS, copied efs and modemfs back with Total Commander, restarted and all was the same as before - no IMEI.

did u delete everything from efs and modemfs before putting new ones in?

5n00p3r

Apr 30, 2014
No, I just overwrote it. Don't tell me that's it. ? Dammit, I didn't even think about it. I'll try this next time.

Gesendet von meinem GT-S7710

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holy cow! I did it.
    I got everything working exept baseband it says now xxxx but that doesnt bother me cause i can now make phone calls and messages.
    Dont know about how right my method was but it worked, i copied efs folder and modemfs folder from stock rom to my ext sdcard and flashed vanir then with root browser i deleted everything from those folders and replaced with copies i made... sounds weird but im happy :good:
    I can confirm that flashing the XXAMB6 modem will work. Because all the warnings I read everyhwhere I didn't try this with XXAND2.

-First I flashed CWM to the phone, reinstalled CWM to the Vanir suggested CWM.
    -Next rooted the phone with SuperSU.
    -I flashed the S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE (from sammobile.com) image to the phone usin ODIN.
    -Booted to recovery, wiped all userdata and then dalvik cache
    -Flash the newest vanir (4.4.4.090814)
    -Installed the pa_gapps pack
    -And then again reinstalled SuperSU from zip

There are steps that are redundant, but since I am a newbie on Android, I just write this to help others.

I would post this to Vanir main thread, but because I just joined I cannot.

-Niko
    Take control of SIM card

I couldn't get the mobile network to work, but stumbled over this great video "Install working Vanir to Samsung Xcover 2" by Jotainkivaa123 on YouTube.
    It's a problem with the ownerships.
    In an abd shell with root permissions:
    shell commands:
    find /efs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
    find /modemfs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
    chmod -R 777 /efs/
    chmod -R 777 /modemfs/
    reboot

YEESSS! Everything works! Thank you Jotainkivaa123!