"com.android.systemui has stopped"

Search This thread

jamespat93

Dec 30, 2013
Yesterday I rooted my phone and put on Xposed and gravity box. Since then I've been downloading various things and trying out different customisation options. The last thing I download was MotoXposed and I made my navigation bar completely transparent, when I tried to disable the effect my phone just came up with the message 'unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'. Now I can't use my phone and the message keeps coming up everytime I turn it on. How can I fix this? or get my phone working again?

Don't worry I've fixed my phone completely now.

Last edited:

BlakeParker

Aug 29, 2013
New Delhi
how?

Yesterday I rooted my phone and put on Xposed and gravity box. Since then I've been downloading various things and trying out different customisation options. The last thing I download was MotoXposed and I made my navigation bar completely transparent, when I tried to disable the effect my phone just came up with the message 'unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'. Now I can't use my phone and the message keeps coming up everytime I turn it on. How can I fix this? or get my phone working again?

Don't worry I've fixed my phone completely now.

Can you tell me how did you solve it w/o reseting your phone?

ekitiboy

Dec 1, 2013
www.oluwadiya.com
Unfortunately the process com android.systemui has stopped. Xposed Installer

Does anyone has any clue about this:
I have been having the same issue with my Galaxy S5.
I am using the rooted stock ROm with touchwhiz.
The issue started after I installed Xposed Installer with Wanam Xposed.
The "unfortunately the process com android.systemui has stopped" message does not come on until I received phone call while the phone is active. If I receive a call when the screen lock is on, the phone behaves normally.
The other issue I'm having with Xposed Installer are
1) a noticeable increase in lagging
2) apps takes close to 10 minutes to install
3) It takes a long time for the computer to see the phone after connecting them with USB....sometimes up to 15 minutes. thereafter it was not taking as long, but it was still being delayed.
I have flashed the phone three times with roughly the same observation after each flashing (i.e. issues cropping up only after installing Xposed Installer and some modules)
I'm going to try system tuner now...

Last edited:

edwardciasico

Aug 16, 2012
Did you managed to fixed it? I have the same problem as well! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

jimnu

Dec 13, 2011
I resolved this by booting into recovery (TWM in my case) and then manually deleting the offending .apk file from /data/app.

CrimsonFiend

Jul 29, 2014
Help

I recently rooted my phone with TWRP using Odin. I did a few small things in customizing (ie: font, rotate screen) and now I get this error message.I've tried to boot in recovery and it just constantly flashes the Teamwin logo screen and i get no where. Could really use some help here, cannot use my phone at the moment

dioxx

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Maria
i have this issue too

I have this with Orbot. Simply restarted the phone and made a speed-run to uninstall it. Works to me.

So, the main question is: why this happen?

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Boot into recovery and flash Xposed-Recovery-Framework located at /sdcard . This is assuming the problem was caused by an Xposed module in the first place. Not sure whether OP uses this

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm facing the same problem i'm unable to use my phone, kindly explain in details how to flash xposed recovery.
the problem appeared after installing an xposed mod.

Top Liked Posts