[L7]P700/P705 Guide for Rooting,CWM install,ROMs,Baseband

Search This thread

nz-tdm

Jan 3, 2012
Baseband

I have LG Optimus L7 P700. It is currently on stock ICS 4.0. I plan on putting the CM11 beta on.

I understand I need a V20 baseband. Where can I find this for P700? Is it specific for every country? I am in New Zealand.

ArjunrambZ

Jul 28, 2013
some where in INDIA
I have LG Optimus L7 P700. It is currently on stock ICS 4.0. I plan on putting the CM11 beta on.

I understand I need a V20 baseband. Where can I find this for P700? Is it specific for every country? I am in New Zealand.

it means that you are on v10 baseband and its according to the rom the baseband is decided,,, cm11 is for v20 baseband roms ( guessing u should probably check the rom thread) then u should flash v20 baseband,,if its in v10 then u need not flash anything
links are given in the thread please read it atleast once

nz-tdm

Jan 3, 2012
it means that you are on v10 baseband and its according to the rom the baseband is decided,,, cm11 is for v20 baseband roms ( guessing u should probably check the rom thread) then u should flash v20 baseband,,if its in v10 then u need not flash anything
links are given in the thread please read it atleast once

I've read the OP twice. Sorry I didn't word it correctly.

I meant, which of the basebands do I get, there isn't just one V20 baseband. Do I need one for New Zealand? Or will any work. Can't find a NZ one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dkdkdk07

Oct 28, 2013

I meant, which of the basebands do I get, there isn't just one V20 baseband. Do I need one for New Zealand? Or will any work. Can't find a NZ one.

I believe u can flash any v20 version thru kdz anyway u just need it to flash cm11 or cm10.2 afterwards.. and i suggest u flash a rooted v20 with cwm already so u can go straight flashing cm or any custom roms u want. Dont forget to do a nandroid backup btw! enjoy!

Sent from my LG-P705

Reactions: ArjunrambZ

Kouhai

May 11, 2013
Haguenau
www.frandroid.com
I believe u can flash any v20 version thru kdz anyway u just need it to flash cm11 or cm10.2 afterwards.. and i suggest u flash a rooted v20 with cwm already so u can go straight flashing cm or any custom roms u want. Dont forget to do a nandroid backup btw! enjoy!

Sent from my LG-P705

Yes the BB are the same whatever the rom. Also you can find Just the BB that you can flash directly into the recovery without flashing with kdz.

ArjunrambZ

Jul 28, 2013
some where in INDIA

you can use that baseband ,,all it matters is v20 or v10
contry code doesnt matters,,(i think so.dont woory i use differnt baseband ,still it works)

vaikz

Oct 18, 2012
Cebu
Realme 5 Pro
@OP, can you add also how to fix the status 7 when flashing Rom.
Still lit of people don't know how to fix this.
Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk

mariusdmm

Nov 21, 2013
Android 4.4

Hello guys.Now I have instaled CyanogenMod Beta 2.1 from here on my LG Optimus L7 P700. I saw on youtube this video and now I want Android 4.4 on my phone, but I don't find any tutorial how to do it. Need help

ArjunrambZ

Jul 28, 2013
some where in INDIA
Hello guys.Now I have instaled CyanogenMod Beta 2.1 from here on my LG Optimus L7 P700. I saw on youtube this video and now I want Android 4.4 on my phone, but I don't find any tutorial how to do it. Need help

you can try any of the 4.4 version its already avaliable in android orginal development forum
apparently there is 3 roms
cm11 by crypt
çm11 by tudorsib
and vanir by bart,go check the thread fpr more information
installing rom in common step (for cwm)
wipe data,wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and install

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS A MEGA THREAD
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

HELLO XDA'S THIS THREAD IS FOR ONLY AND ONLY FOR L7 P705/P700
    image.png

MANY HAVE POSTED ROOTING ,INSTALLING CWM AND COSTUME ROMS FOR LG OPTIMUS L7 AND I'M HERE JUST TO SHARE THE POST

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF EVERYTHING CAN BE ACCESED IN ONE PLACE

SOME OF THE SECTIONS ARE HIDED FOR A CLEANED THREAD. DO CLICK SHOW FOR THE CONTENT
    LG-Optimus-L7-P700-01.jpg

L7 ROOTING

As rooting is the most essential part for a development of a android phone Lets get start with it

FOR ROOTING YOU CAN USE

1) IF YOU ARE USING ICS VERSION
    DOWNLOAD THIS FILE View attachment 2329480
    EXTRACT IT TO ANY FOLDER
    AND RUN 'RUN ME FILE'
    FOLLOW THE STEPS AS IN THE COMMAND BOX
    2) IF YOU ARE USING JB VERSION
    USE FRAMAROOT apk FOR ROOTING FROM THISLINK

3) THERE IS ANOTHER WAY FOR ROOTING L7 POSTED BY AXD96

CYDIAIMPACTOR
    Code:
    Need
    -PC
    -PHONE
    -driver adb (find it on lg websites in your phone pages)
    -this file CYDIAIMPACTOR

LINK DOWNLOAD:
    MAC OS
    WINDOWS
    LINUX 32BIT
    LINUX 64BIT

Guide
    0. your phone driver must be installed on your pc!
    1. download this zip files and extract it on your desktop
    2. enable usb debug on your phone(setting/developper/debug usb)
    3. connect your phone to your pc
    4. open IMPACTOR.exe (you extracted it on your desktop)
    5. press start

FINISH!!!! your phone got ROOT ACCESS

now you can reboot your phone and install from play store(for future updates) SUPERSU, i have got no luck with SUPERUSER.
    FOR FURTHER ACCESE ABOUT THIS ROOTING METHODE VISIT THIS THREAD here
    SO I GUESS ROOTING IS DONE ,bit easy rite? lets go forword

INSTALLING CWM(CLOCKWORK MOD)

DOWNLOAD THIS FILE View attachment L7CWM.rar

1. Place the CWM Package you downloaded to your Desktop.

2. Extract files from the package over to your C:// (root destination)

3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.

4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.

5. Double-click on the file named Flash_Bootloader.bat that you extracted earlier to your Desktop.

6. It’ll unlock the bootloader of your device.

7. Your device should reboot and once it boots up, double-click the Flash_Recovery.bat file.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to flash recovery on your device.

9. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
    TWRP RECOVERY

TWRP Recovery v2.6.3.0
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    You can download it here
    DOWNLOAD:
    TWRP

Instalation:

Flash via CWM.
    for further details please kindly visit this orginal thread here

INSTALLING A CUSTOM ROM

Download the ROM image, which is usually a zip archive, and copy it into the root folder of your SD card.

Important: you do not unzip the .zip file - just copy it as is.

You can do it by

attaching the phone with a USB cable and selecting the option of mounting the SD card to be used as a drive on the computer
    or

unmounting the SD card, physically taking it out of the phone, and inserting into your own card reader
    or

downloading the ROM straight from the phone browser
    Once you've copied the ROM image, you can proceed to flashing it

Flash It

The process of installing new firmware or low-level system software in general is called flashing.

We will be flashing the new custom ROM over the stock one that came with your phone.
    And Reboot to recovery...
    For booting to CWM recovery /TWRP recovery
    Go to advance boot option in developer option and enable it
    and long press power menu
    for manual booting switch off the phone and
    Press both volume + ,volume - and the home button together with the power button
    release all buttons expect power button when we get a vibration and
    release the power button after the lg logo has appered
    this will let you get in the recovery menu

back up existing ROM (which you should do unless you've already backed up manually) from back up and restore

then
    wipe data and wipe cache, which you should only do if you want to do a clean install, i.e. when upgrading from the stock ROM. Note: this does not wipe your SD card data - it only wipes the phone's internal memory.
    and wipe dalvic cache too in advance option
    and after that click in install from sd card
    The ROM you downloaded should show up in the list. If it doesn't, make sure you've put it into the root folder of the SD card.
    and click INSTALL

UPGRADING LG OPTIMUS L7 TO JB

With guide how to install official lg firmware (updating from ics to jb)

Guide with a KDZ_Updater :

Code:
    First Step: 
    •  IT WORKS FOR ALL LG L7 Firmware!
    •  Install this [ATTACH]2340152._xfImport[/ATTACH]
    •  Open B2CApp(LG Updater) and Install our USB Driver for our Phone going on: Install USB Driver, Search for P700 and Doubleclick it. The USB Driver downloading..and install Step by Step!  Phone is not Connected!
    •  Download KDZ Flasher >> [URL]http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CDcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D868756%26d%3D1327321413&ei=xessUbHVIaKL4ATc7ICgBg&usg=AFQjCNHqI9N1AAs6SxWvnydbHaJ8z-GNCg&bvm=bv.42965579,d.bGE&cad=rja[/URL] > [URL]http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=13[/URL]   "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" as Administrator < 
    •  Set Type on "3GQCT" and PhoneMode on "EMERGENCY"
    •  Click on the Folder Icon and Search for your Downloaded KDZ File 

Step Three:
    •  Click on "Launch Software Update"
    •  Waiting for Phone..The Phone come in few seconds in the Emergency mode!! Yellow screen with Black Text..
    •  Is the Software upgrade successfull, Reboot the Phone in the System
    •  Make a Factory Reset! In Settings > Backup and reboot > Reset Memory (ALL FILES LOSE!)
    •  LG L7 Reboot's now and you can use the Android System! Finish!

Guide with CWM (Custom Recovery, Clockworkmod) :

Code:
    First Step:
    •  Make sure ROOT!
    •  Make sure USB Driver are Installed!
    •  Download: Show Attachment (L7CWM)
    •  Make sure USB-Debugging is on!
    •  Extract the Downloaded File's

Step Two:
    •  Make a sure System is Started!
    •  Connect the Phone in USB Storage Mode
    •  Wait until the phone has been detected
    •  Doubleclick on the File in the folder "Flash_Bootloader.bat"
    •  Wait .. is perhaps the phone reboot's

Step Three:
    •  Connect the Phone in USB Storage Mode
    •  Doubleclick on the File in the folder "Flash_Recovery.bat"
    •  Wait .. is perhaps the phone reboot's
    •  Waiting for System and Connect the Phone in USB Storage Mode
    •  Download this: LG L7 Deodexted Keyboard >> [URL]http://d-h.st/XIl[/URL] > [URL]http://d-h.st/j3J[/URL] > [URL]http://d-h.st/MZx[/URL]  Wipe Dalvik Cache
    •  Install zip from SD Card > First install: Stock_v10k_Rooted.zip > Yes, Next the WIFI Fix, and then Keyboard.
    •  Wipe data / factory Reset, Wipe Cache, ADVANCED > Wipe Dalvik Cache
    •  Reboot and System show up!
    CHANGE BASEBAND OF L7

If you have android 4.1.2 and install CM10 based on android 4.0.3 and do not have the range and the operator
    This baseband install the ICS

If you have android 4.0.3 and install rom based on android 4.1.2
    we do not have the range and the operator to install the baseband of JB
    HENCE TO SOLVE THESE ISSUES
    we have to install the specific baseband according to the rom
    you can find details about baseband changes in this thread
    here

ROMS AND KERNALS

UNTUTU BENCHMARKING RESULTS

AnTuTu Benchmark is a comprehensive Android Benchmarking application. It includes "Memory Performance", "CPU Integer Performance", "CPU Floating Point Performance", "2D 3D Graphics Performance", "SD card read-write speed", "Database IO" performance testing.
    Here is a Thread for untutu benchmark results for L7
    you can visit this thread for scores and you can submit your score too

here

REMOVING NFC IN P705

Flash this zip file for removing the NFC feature from your phone
    Universal NFC Deströyer 1.7
    for more details visit this thread

OR

manually you can delete these files for removing NFC
    Code:
    system/app/Nfc.apk
    system/app/Nfc.odex
    system/app/Tag.apk - on Jelly Bean based Roms
    system/app/Tag.odex
    system/priv-app/Tag.apk
    system/priv-app/Tag.odex
    system/framework/com.android.nfc_extras.jar
    system/etc/nfcee_access.xml
    system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.nfc.xml
    com.android.nfc_extras.xml
    com.cyanogenmod.nfc.enhanced.xml
    vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so
    system/lib/hw/nfc.default.so
    system/lib/libnfc.so+libnfc_ini.so+libnfc_ndef.so

THANKS
    #pkatsaras
    #szymel0
    #AXD96
    @vaikz
    #kevios12
    #tudorsirb
    @-CALIBAN666-

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

HAPPY USING LG OPTIMUS L7 P700/P705

:p :p
    I WILL BE UPDATING THIS THREAD AS NEW ROMS ENTER
    AND PLEASE REMIND ME IF I HAVE LEFT SOME ROM
    :silly::silly::silly:

HAPPY USING LG OPTIMUS L7
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

FAQ AND QUESTIONS
    Code:
    What is the root?

In the most literal sense, root is a part of a plant that typically lies below the surface of the soil. Rooting a smartphone is completely different: by rooting users can gain privileged access to Android’s subsystem (or root access). This is useful for accessing data, making backups, or changing the "base" of your smartphone, such as the Android (ROM) interface.

How does rooting work?

By rooting an Android device, you basically install a new kernel. A kernel is the conductor that will tell the software how to use the hardware portion of your device. Very simply put, the new kernel allows for more access and more customizable access to your devices hardware.

What is a Custom Rom?

A ROM is an Android-based system. This is actually the system that you use. TouchWiz is the rom developed by Samsung, the HTC Sense, etc ... We talk about custom rom (Custom) when the developer of the ROM is an independent group or individual. For example, CyanogenMod is a custom ROM for example, based on Android "pure".In detail, this is a set of consistent data with a chip ROM (read only memory), present on your smartphone.

What is CWM ?

CWM or Clock Work Mod is a custom recovery for android which repalaces the orginal recovery given by manufacture,It has more options and support than the stock one

What Does Custom roms do?

Custom roms has no boltwares and other apps which increases the RAM usage ,thus its lag free and smooth

:D:D:D
    so i was using cm 11 by cr3pt for quite bit of time. i was wondering why the stock video camera broke on the latest version when a version a few weeks ago worked perfectly fine. i was wondering if i wipe cache in cwm will it fix the problem?

first of all this is not a wondering thread
    and next one cr3pt had explained that camera libs were changed in both p705/700 versions and hr will revert back because camera is broken
    but still you can try by wiping cache ,dalvic cache and restart
    @op
    If you have time, can you update the first page, there's a new kernel and Rom based in cm10 and had a very good feedback posted by loulou on the development section. As well add @szymel0 ICS stock blue Rom.

And also, please post this stock kernel for 705 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49389272 so that it will be much easier to locate.

sent from my p705g - v20f jellybean extreme w/ stock kernel
    Is there a 4.4.2 ROM that has BOTH browser AND Camcorder functional?

With Slimkat that i am using now i cannot see any web page... Camcorder works perfectly.

Try cr3pt's cm11, i believe its already functional.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk