- FULL -O3
- Built Using UBER linaro 4.10
- User voltage control
- S2W functions
- Doubletap2wake
- Logo2wake
- Pocket detection
- Logo2menu
- Improved on sweep2wake code (Mine actually works not like most other AOSP kernels)
- Optional CPU Governors= intelliactive, intellidemand, smartassV2, lagfree, badass, smartmax, interactive, conservative, userspace, powersave, Lionheart, ondemand, and performance
- Optional IOSched.= Row, Noop, Deadline, CFQ, Fiops, Zen, and SIO
- Optional GPU Governors= Performance, Ondemand, Simple, Interactive

Team.png

-GruesomeWolf
-BillBowers
-ChongoDroid
-Droidiac13
-XsMagical
-mrjaydee82

Thanks.png

-Everyone at Team Nocturnal
-Flar2
-Faux123
-ThickLizard
-Tdhite for a fixramdisk script that I used in latest build
-TBaldin
-And a whole lot of other freat kernel devs
-All the HTC One Community

Last edited:

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Slippery_Sloth_AOSP Q&A Plus Additional Notes

Q) Does my phone need to be unlocked?
A) Yes, with a custom recovery
Q) What does this do to my phone?
A) It will make it sneaky, sly and slippery smooth. Much like the wonderous Sloth.
Additional Notes and Thanks

All the features found in this Kernel can be controlled through the Slothy_AOSP.conf script found in /system/etc. All you need to is change the default integer's to whatever you like.
Everything in the script is labeled so its easy to read and easy to understand.
I hope you will all find this easy and user friendly.
Please refrain from using apps like trickster, If you must use trickster be sure to delete the 99slothy script from the init.d folder.

I would also like to take this space to say that this would not have been possible without many great kernel devs before me. So from me to you, thanks.
If anyone would like to get in on this project with me, please send me a PM.
Changelog.png

First Public Release

- Added Frandom
- System write protection disabled via kernel
- Full LZ4 Compression/Decompression

V_2.0

- Added OC/UV for CPU and GPU Controllable through the SLOTHY_AOSP.conf
- Added GPU Governor options to SLOTHY_AOSP.conf to give you control of you GPU Governor
- Added personal Battery/Performance scripts
CPU set to 1890000 when screen on and dropped to 810000 while phone sleeps
You can also control this via SLOTHY_AOSP.conf

V_3.0

- Merged upstream commits from CM
- Cherry picked in this commit Thanks @Tdhite (Hopefully this will fix sleep dead issues for some)
- Major sound boost
-Reworked scripts to perform better

V_4.2

Last edited:

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Im gonna work on OC/UV for CPU and GPU tomorrow. I have tried sooo many AOSP kernels that are supposed to have S2W functions, and they were not working 98% of the time, thats what got this project started in the first place. Hope you all like it.... ;)

trev23sks

Sep 22, 2009
Detroit
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey this rom is probably ome the best ones yet !! I'm having a few issues. One is with enabling art. When it reboots it just reboots without optimizing the apps. Second is the zip file to change the Lock screen color I flashed it and its still same color. And Third is the keyboard when it comes to gliding it doesn't speel any words but the first one I type

Sent from my One using XDA mobile app

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Hey this rom is probably ome the best ones yet !! I'm having a few issues. One is with enabling art. When it reboots it just reboots without optimizing the apps. Second is the zip file to change the Lock screen color I flashed it and its still same color. And Third is the keyboard when it comes to gliding it doesn't speel any words but the first one I type

Sent from my One using XDA mobile app

This is a kernel thread not a Rom thread, this kernel will work on any 4.4.4 based AOSP rom. You can voice these concerns to the developer of the rom in that thread.

predator1584

Nov 3, 2009
Kansas City
Thank you sir, lately I've been playing with AOSP and I'm happy to report everything is working buttery smooth!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Yet another kernel for sprint. First I felt sprint has less developments but now its getting better and better.

Keep up the good work developer. :)

Gonna try it and see how awesome it is.

Thanks...
Best Regards

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Yet another kernel for sprint. First I felt sprint has less developments but now its getting better and better.

Keep up the good work developer. :)

Gonna try it and see how awesome it is.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Yeah development has taken a big nose dive recently. Even I am about ready to move on to a different device. There's just nothing going on here anymore.

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Yeah development has taken a big nose dive recently. Even I am about ready to move on to a different device. There's just nothing going on here anymore.

Oh why is that? :(

Its not even a month I bought a used M7. I thought HTC ONE has huge development but on reality its dull. Especially in sprint.

Before I had HTC Sensation for 2 years and I enjoyed the developments from great developers. Now its development has gone down and performance is also low for daily usage in regards to latest software. Thats the reason I upgraded.

M7 is excellent, powerful and I love it but I hope my choice wasn't wrong. I'm a huge fan of HTC paste many years and I wouldn't even look at other brands.

Last edited:

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Oh why is that? :(

Its not even a month I bought a used M7. I thought HTC ONE has huge development but on reality its dull. Especially in sprint.

Before I had HTC Sensation for 2 years and I enjoyed the developments from great developers. Now its development has gone down and performance is also low for daily usage in regards to latest software. Thats the reason I upgraded.

M7 is excellent, powerful and I love it but I hope my choice wasn't wrong. I'm a huge fan of HTC paste many years and I wouldn't even look at other brands.

It's because most of the tech savvy users like GSM - not CDMA, because in CDMA you can't really switch carriers easily. Also from what I've heard, Sprint has terrible service across America so that probably contributes a part to why users don't use Sprint.

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
It's because most of the tech savvy users like GSM - not CDMA, because in CDMA you can't really switch carriers easily. Also from what I've heard, Sprint has terrible service across America so that probably contributes a part to why users don't use Sprint.

Hmm. but Sprint supports both if unlocked. May be they won't do such things, instead go for GSM networks and their contracts. On the other hand, M7 had hardware issues (i.e pink tint camera) so lot of them got rid of it and bought different devices. Also M7 is more then a year old device now.

Anyways, don't wanna go more off topic. Just requesting to the developers, please don't leave the old devices alone. We non-american cannot easily switch devices. :D

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] ★☆★Nocturnal's Slippery Sloth|AOSP 4.4.4|10/25/2014|★☆★

One_zps69d422e5.png

Features:
    -4.4.4 AOSP kernel based on latest CM11 source
    - FULL -O3
    - Built Using UBER linaro 4.10
    - User voltage control
    - S2W functions
    - Doubletap2wake
    - Logo2wake
    - Pocket detection
    - Logo2menu
    - Improved on sweep2wake code (Mine actually works not like most other AOSP kernels)
    - Optional CPU Governors= intelliactive, intellidemand, smartassV2, lagfree, badass, smartmax, interactive, conservative, userspace, powersave, Lionheart, ondemand, and performance
    - Optional IOSched.= Row, Noop, Deadline, CFQ, Fiops, Zen, and SIO
    - Optional GPU Governors= Performance, Ondemand, Simple, Interactive

Team.png

-GruesomeWolf
    -BillBowers
    -ChongoDroid
    -Droidiac13
    -XsMagical
    -mrjaydee82

Thanks.png

-Everyone at Team Nocturnal
    -Flar2
    -Faux123
    -ThickLizard
    -Tdhite for a fixramdisk script that I used in latest build
    -TBaldin
    -And a whole lot of other freat kernel devs
    -All the HTC One Community
    Slippery_Sloth_AOSP Q&A Plus Additional Notes

Q) Does my phone need to be unlocked?
    A) Yes, with a custom recovery
    Q) What does this do to my phone?
    A) It will make it sneaky, sly and slippery smooth. Much like the wonderous Sloth.
    Additional Notes and Thanks

All the features found in this Kernel can be controlled through the Slothy_AOSP.conf script found in /system/etc. All you need to is change the default integer's to whatever you like.
    Everything in the script is labeled so its easy to read and easy to understand.
    I hope you will all find this easy and user friendly.
    Please refrain from using apps like trickster, If you must use trickster be sure to delete the 99slothy script from the init.d folder.

I would also like to take this space to say that this would not have been possible without many great kernel devs before me. So from me to you, thanks.
    If anyone would like to get in on this project with me, please send me a PM.
    Changelog.png

First Public Release

- Added Frandom
    - System write protection disabled via kernel
    - Full LZ4 Compression/Decompression

V_2.0

- Added OC/UV for CPU and GPU Controllable through the SLOTHY_AOSP.conf
    - Added GPU Governor options to SLOTHY_AOSP.conf to give you control of you GPU Governor
    - Added personal Battery/Performance scripts
    CPU set to 1890000 when screen on and dropped to 810000 while phone sleeps
    You can also control this via SLOTHY_AOSP.conf

V_3.0

- Cherry picked in this commit Thanks @Tdhite (Hopefully this will fix sleep dead issues for some)
    - Major sound boost
    -Reworked scripts to perform better

V_4.2

Sorry. Running the latest CM nightly at the moment to play around. Not using Trickster or anything. All settings were made thru the config file. Dropped max to 1.53 & left governor at On Demand. And ahhh what ROM is that? Hmmmmm? Lol

OK.....
    I'm not setting that issue on my end. Try setting it to 1.566 and see if that sticks, since 1.53 is not an option in the kernel, that may be where your getting the discrepancy. If worse comes to worse you can simply delete the scripts and user an app like trickster to control the kernels settings, unfortunately I can't control the way all ROMs handle scripts, I tried to make them universal, bit with all the ROMs in constant changing mode that's nearly impossible.
    And

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/index.php/topic/2024-romtn-bmfrunofficalcm1192714/

That's an older build, we have since added active display, call recording options, and a bunch of other goodies. I will update this ROM with new stuff this weekend.
    @gruesomewolf

I'm not sure whether you saw my post in CM11 thread that I mentioned you too. Now on latest nightly's of CM11, wifi driver has changed so wifi is not working with custom kernel.

Requesting for kernel update with new upstream changes. I'm using CM11 kernel but I tap on screen to wake it all the time then I notice the kernel doesn't support d2w. :D

Thanks...
    Best Regards

It's gonna get updated this weekend... Life is just too busy Monday thru Friday to even think about android