Why didn't omni use focal camera instead of the CM camera ?

Search This thread

zy4377340

Sep 27, 2013
CHANGSHA
In my opinion focal is the most excellent camera in Android .Since Xplodwild is the author of focal and he is also one of the most developer of omni ,why we don't use focal in omni ? @XpLoDWilD

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
In my opinion focal is the most excellent camera in Android .Since Xplodwild is the author of focal and he is also one of the most developer of omni ,why we don't use focal in omni ? @XpLoDWilD

I suppose because it's freaking bugged like hell.
Any way, try the new google camera. Enjoy the blur mode & seemless pano / spheremap , and never look back....

zy4377340

Sep 27, 2013
CHANGSHA
I suppose because it's freaking bugged like hell.
Any way, try the new google camera. Enjoy the blur mode & seemless pano / spheremap , and never look back....

In fact I could use focal in omni .And Google camera is too simple as there even don't have a scene to choose

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

It wasn't quite ready for prime-time. Before the Focal relicensing incident, the plan would've been to finish polishing it within CM. But when Cyngn tried to forcefully obtain commercial rights to it using their CLA (fortunately, the AOSP CLA which both Omni and CM use isn't that powerful and doesn't allow you to relicense GPL works), development stopped for 2+ months and then we all became busy with Omni itself.

I think eventually xplodwild decided he'd be better off rewriting most of Focal rather than polishing the existing codebase, but he's been very busy with other stuff lately. Maybe he'll have more time once this semester of graduate school ends.

And we don't use CM's camera. We use AOSP camera with a very small number of CM cherry-picks.

So pretty much the answer is "because we haven't had the time to replace it"

zy4377340

Sep 27, 2013
CHANGSHA
It wasn't quite ready for prime-time. Before the Focal relicensing incident, the plan would've been to finish polishing it within CM. But when Cyngn tried to forcefully obtain commercial rights to it using their CLA (fortunately, the AOSP CLA which both Omni and CM use isn't that powerful and doesn't allow you to relicense GPL works), development stopped for 2+ months and then we all became busy with Omni itself.

I think eventually xplodwild decided he'd be better off rewriting most of Focal rather than polishing the existing codebase, but he's been very busy with other stuff lately. Maybe he'll have more time once this semester of graduate school ends.

And we don't use CM's camera. We use AOSP camera with a very small number of CM cherry-picks.

Thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.