[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega knox warranty?

Search This thread

barsza

Nov 18, 2012
I tried to flash the new Samsung rom for Mega 6.3(russian). I didn't read about knox before and now I have 0x1. So.... I think I lost my warranty... Is there any chanse to wipe knox warranty flag? If it's not will I be able to update my phone to new official Samsung roms? Everithing is working fine on my phone(after I flashed back my official rom).

Thanks for answers!

P.S:sorry for my bad English.

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Short answers fot two questions:
1. NO
2. YES

Ad.1 Tripping KNOX warranty flag is permanent and irreversible (at least for now), but should not occur only from upgrading to newest official firmware version. I suspect you were trying to root your new KK.
Ad.2 Tripped flag it's only sign for service so there was attempt to install unofficial software. It not circimference with updating unit in future. Bear in mind so after upgrading to firmware with knox and new bootloader there is no way back - you can't downgrade your phone to versions with old type bootloader..

Last edited:

barsza

Nov 18, 2012
Short answers fot two questions:
1. NO
2. YES

Ad.1 Tripping KNOX warranty flag is permanent and irreversible (at least for now), but should not occur only from upgrading to newest official firmware version. I suspect you were trying to root your new KK.
Ad.2 Tripped flag it's only sign for service so there was attempt to install unofficial software. It not circimference with updating unit in future. Bear in mind so after upgrading to firmware with knox and new bootloader there is no way back - you can't downgrade your phone to versions with old type bootloader..

Thanks! :)