Launchers

Search This thread

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
So I've been using Go launcher ex, and like it. I've used in the past LP+, and liked it.

I was pondering on purchasing SPB shell 3D launcher after the couple of highly regarded reviews.

So I started looking at some videos of other launchers. I found Nemus launcher and Claystone launcher to look pretty cool. I tried Regina launcher after watching a video and didn't like it at all.

Would like to see other launchers others have used that they have liked or didn't like.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
modded TW launcher for all devices.. MY FAvorite... one of CHoice... recommended

QQLauncher.. pretty good

MIUI LAuncher 3.1.. just like miui no app drawer dont like the style... but runs well

netfront lifescreen.. cool idea... not super useful or intuitive

he Launcher 1/ he launcher 2... can make it look like stock GB or Froyo or any flavor of sense or Touch wiz

Itching Thumbs... like web os with task switching and killing

just to name a few.... just google em... to lazy to provide links and pics... haha

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
I'm using Go Launcher Extreme right now and think its the best thing ever.

SPB Shell 3D is a serious waste of money. Its all eye candy with limited features and I regret buying it every time I go to the Market.

LauncherPro was nice for its time, but feels and looks outdated.

ADW is similar to LauncherPro in this regard, but the EX version shows promise.

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
lol i use the spb shell 3d launcher and its juuuust fine for me. smooth and fast and very cool.

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
So I've been using Go launcher ex, and like it. I've used in the past LP+, and liked it.

I was pondering on purchasing SPB shell 3D launcher after the couple of highly regarded reviews.

So I started looking at some videos of other launchers. I found Nemus launcher and Claystone launcher to look pretty cool. I tried Regina launcher after watching a video and didn't like it at all.

Would like to see other launchers others have used that they have liked or didn't like.

Free:
Adw- great dependable launcher. Has improved so much in performance. My recommendation for free launchers. If you get into the settings this launcher will go toe to toe with any free launcher.

LauncherPro-was my launcher of choice for a very long time but its developement has slowed almost to a halt. Still probably one of the smoothest launchers on market, especially for lower end devices due to the memory settings.

GoLauncher-eye candy. Its smooth and has plenty of nice animations and has themes. But, it lacks in performance compared to some of the others. Buts it not so bad that you shouldn't give it a try. And its a Go app, so you wont have to worry about support. These guys put in work.

Payed:
LauncherPro Plus-same thing but adds ability to resize Widgets and adds some nice themeable Widgets built in.

Spb shell 3D: $15!!!! But hey, think about it this way, it basically has a handful of apps you MIGHT have otherwise payed for with a different launcher built in and integrated seamlessly. Its beautiful and its super smooth. It puts itself in memory and appears to stay there so there's never any lag. If you're a constant themer or on a ramen noodle budget ;) , avoid this one. I personally love it (and I went in skeptical about it).

A final note: those are just the ones I've tried for any amount of time and can remember. try em all. Mess around with em. On a high end device like this you don't need to worry about which one uses a little more memory. If you had a lower end device and a launcher you tried before didn't run so well, try it again on this device. The Thrill is beast enough to run any launcher well. If the launcher doesn't run well on this phone then its just a poor app. On my Aria I had to run launcherpro to get the best performance because I could tweak its memory setting to optimize it for that device and it actually out performed adw. On the Thrill adw blows lpp away performance wise. All these are better than the stock launcher IMO.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Last edited:

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
agreed with aria. as far as loving the spb shell 3d i double agree with him lmao

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
I just downloaded that SPB 3D launcher and it is QUITE sexy. It's more than I would ever need at one time (world time, weather with current temperature, recent texts in a rolo-dex form, etc) but it was quite responsive. It DOES take up more memory than some would have you believe (try 60+ megs).

Go Launcher EX seemed to be everything I wanted in a launcher. Responsive, able to customize anything, and the ability to skin widgets was very nice.

Ronacarino

Sep 8, 2011
Spring Valley, CA
I've tried it spb launcher for free..

I suggest to download it from a torrent.. put it in your sd card, turn on airplane mode, and then play with it for a while.. see how you like it.. The reason why you turn it on airplane mode is because the android market will detect that you did not buy the item so you wont be able to use it.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
I've tried it spb launcher for free..

I suggest to download it from a torrent.. put it in your sd card, turn on airplane mode, and then play with it for a while.. see how you like it.. The reason why you turn it on airplane mode is because the android market will detect that you did not buy the item so you wont be able to use it.

dude, come on .... no warez guides...

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
dude, come on .... no warez guides...

Ahhh, the use of the word warez is waning. Nice to see it again. Hi warez how you been?

But, yeah, this is not a place for warez or warez guides. We develop and release open source and free only, I am sure everyone would like to keep xda as clean as possible since this is sort of our playground. No broken bottles of warez by the slidez please.

foreverzero89

Feb 17, 2011
i REALLY like qq launcher, its fast ans looks more sophistiacated than the any of the others. regina is too, but it takes up a LOT of memory so its kinda laggy on the thrill.

Reactions: grantith

eg94

Dec 16, 2011
I think the Guy who mentioned downloading spb for free was just suggesting a way to try it out so it wont be such a huge waste of money if you dont like it, as someone else had mentioned before because it is a bit expensive at $15 for a launcher

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

SithLord2K

Jan 17, 2011
Niagara Falls
For something a little different I just started trying life screen. Its interesting. I really like go launcher ex so far the best one I have used.

Sent from my LG-P925g using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holo is the best ics theme launcher I have found.. looks just like cm9 just no Widgets in app drawer or persistent search on desktop. You can download free at play store.:D

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium
    i REALLY like qq launcher, its fast ans looks more sophistiacated than the any of the others. regina is too, but it takes up a LOT of memory so its kinda laggy on the thrill.