[ROM][SGH-T889 / T0LTETMO][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 - 2014/7/13

Search This thread

rmanne

Feb 13, 2012
Pittsburgh
You can find the wifi calling app on Tmo TW based ROMs. The is no separate app. It's baked in.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

I remember there being some WIP of a Wifi Calling framework for cm9, a long long time ago, for the mytouch4g (or maybe the galaxy s2, I don't really remember which), I wonder how far that got :/

It's certainly possible, it's just that the dependencies are such a pain to search through. And it's not like using wifi calling will not use your plan minutes (it used to, like 4 years ago, maybe more).

But yes, I still suggest TW for underdevelopped phones. Omni has no exFat support and falls short of CM, and both have terrible battery life. The last one I was on was actually Conch Republic 3D (F2FS), and it's INSANE with battery life (slightly better than my brand new debloated s5). The time it takes Conch to get from 100 -> 88 is the same amount of time it takes CM to go from 100->64, and honestly, batter life is something I can't compromise on.

rmanne

Feb 13, 2012
Pittsburgh
Thanks, I ended up figuring out that the ROM Manager can be installed from the Play Store and the CWM Recovery can be installed to the device with the ROM Manager. I'l have to update my Google account so I can buy the touch version as it is clearly nicer, but for now the basic works and I was able to install the ROM as you said I would with the update. Thank you!

Now off to search for the T-Mobile WiFi calling app.

I highly recommend TWRP btw, it's so much more user-friendly, though it is also normally less stable since it runs through more updates and more features.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
As soon as I get file hosting arranged I am ready to begin producing T889 builds. I don't plan on nightly builds but likely 1x a week unless something new is committed. At this point my builds are pure CM11 without special mods.

I am figuring out the craft as I go but am learning a great deal in the process. I have been running my 0804 build since this morning and haven't seen any drama this far.

Anyone wanting a link to try it out early can PM me and I'll provide a URL (I don't know what kind of DL traffic my dropbox can handle).

Thanks to rmanne for the advice I needed to get the build configuration setup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since we have no maintainer for cm11 for t0ltetmo, and the previous one doing unofficial nightlies disappeared, I'll just be doing occasional builds.

#import previous_thread

Works well with the latest version of TWRP, I did NOT check for f2fs support, feel free to try it and report.

06/14: Wifi has been a little buggy for me on the 5GHz band, but that may just have been my router.
    06/14: Trebuchet has been really annoying, perhaps will be fixed in some later update

CM 11
    cm-11-20140713-UNOFFICIAL-t0ltetmo.zip
    cm-11-20140614-UNOFFICIAL-t0ltetmo.zip

Gapps
    PA Gapps
    Gapps via the CyanogenMod wiki

Manifest attached below
    As soon as I get file hosting arranged I am ready to begin producing T889 builds. I don't plan on nightly builds but likely 1x a week unless something new is committed. At this point my builds are pure CM11 without special mods.

I am figuring out the craft as I go but am learning a great deal in the process. I have been running my 0804 build since this morning and haven't seen any drama this far.

Anyone wanting a link to try it out early can PM me and I'll provide a URL (I don't know what kind of DL traffic my dropbox can handle).

Thanks to rmanne for the advice I needed to get the build configuration setup.
    By changing build.prop to reflect the device is a SGH-T889 and the region is US. I'll check an AOSP backup I have and let you know the lines you need to change. It'll be a bit later today.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

i always change the device name to SGH-T889 but network name never changes it always stays US and i hate that

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app