[Q] Any way to determine what app is synching?

Search This thread

lostangelintx

Feb 18, 2014
El Campo
I work in the country. We have VERY poor data out here. I have decent speed at home (15MBPS) but very poor data out here. With my step-son on the plan with us, the data is an issue most months anyway.

Anyhow, back to the problem. I had the round sync symbol on my phone all day yesterday. Went away at home on wi-fi. Well, it's back on there today. It seems to be really sucking the battery down.

Is there anywhere that I can go (//settings/apps or something?) that will show me what is synching?

Also, the satellite symbol is there as well, when this is going on.

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Go to Settings>Accounts & sync, and you can see what app is synching.

And when you are saying "satellite symbol", do you mean the notification icon that looks like a radar dish? If so, that is the GPS icon. If its popping up when synching, it might be Maps or Location that is the culprit, or other app that uses GPS location. If GPS is on, that icon will usually pop up whenever an app that uses GPS is started up.

Reactions: lostangelintx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to Settings>Accounts & sync, and you can see what app is synching.

And when you are saying "satellite symbol", do you mean the notification icon that looks like a radar dish? If so, that is the GPS icon. If its popping up when synching, it might be Maps or Location that is the culprit, or other app that uses GPS location. If GPS is on, that icon will usually pop up whenever an app that uses GPS is started up.