n7100 upgrade to 4.4

Search This thread

harlzden

May 3, 2011
Hello

I was wondering if someone can help.

I have a u.k n7100 running 4.3, its is rooted with knox disabled, in doing so I have tripped the knox warranty counter

I want to upgrade 4.4.2 stock

Is this possible due to the fact of my current situation. Will the upgrade go through?, like a routine upgrade keeping my data. I assume knox will be disabled and i will lose root, which i am fine with. Please let me know if it can be done and it is routine stock flash procedure using odin.
or are other steps required.

thanks
harlzden

bunglebp

Nov 2, 2010
Kangaroo Country
Hello

I have a u.k n7100 running 4.3, its is rooted with knox disabled, in doing so I have tripped the knox warranty counter

Is this possible due to the fact of my current situation. Will the upgrade go through?, like a routine upgrade keeping my data. I assume knox will be disabled and i will lose root, which i am fine with. Please let me know if it can be done and it is routine stock flash procedure using odin.

thanks
harlzden

You can update with no problem at all, using ODIN you will lose data as for root it depends on ROM you flash if stock with root then you keep root but if not then lose it, Id recommend flashing a custom ROM with no wipe :)

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Hello

thanks
harlzden

AFAIK Mobile ODIN flashes stock ROM without the bootloader, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hello

thanks
harlzden

Ofcourse you can upgrade to any stock firmware via odin but once KNOX is triggered it cannot be reset so even thought your binary counter will be reset after flashing official stock ROM, knox will still read 0x1.Good luck.