Bootloop on nandroid backup?

Search This thread

tannerrblake

May 16, 2013
So I've been trying out a bunch of roms and I've decided I want to go back to a previous nandroid backup on TWRP that I made. I wipe everything, restore the backup and reboot, but it never boots past the stock Google animation (4 spinning dots, running CleanRom). Does anybody know how to fix this? Am I improperly restoring the backup, and if so how should I do it?

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
So I've been trying out a bunch of roms and I've decided I want to go back to a previous nandroid backup on TWRP that I made. I wipe everything, restore the backup and reboot, but it never boots past the stock Google animation (4 spinning dots, running CleanRom). Does anybody know how to fix this? Am I improperly restoring the backup, and if so how should I do it?

Restoring a nandroid backup is as easy as it gets. More than likely your backup nandroid is corrupt. You probably just have to install the basic ROM and start new.

tannerrblake

May 16, 2013
That's what I ended up doing. Is it just bad luck on my end that it ended up like that? I don't want to continue making backups that won't work haha.

exocetdj

How would I go about flashing a new recovery? Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

get your custom recovery img and place it in your fastboot (or adb or whatever you called it) folder on your pc, for ease, rename it recovery.img

boot phone into fastboot

open up cmd and then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

then "fastboot erase cache"

then you should have a fresh recovery without any issues installed

Reactions: tannerrblake

tannerrblake

May 16, 2013
get your custom recovery img and place it in your fastboot (or adb or whatever you called it) folder on your pc, for ease, rename it recovery.img

boot phone into fastboot

Thanks so much. Now that I think about it I don't know for sure if I'm on the latest version of TWRP, so I'll try that.

Reactions: exocetdj

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
What version of TWRP?

I had the same thing happen on my M8 back when I got it in early May. Couldn't get the nandroid to restore, so I ended up just flashing the desired ROM again and setting up the phone manually.

I've since updated TWRP and the restore works (new nandroid). Not sure if it was just a random thing, or a bug with that particular version of TWRP. But updating TWRP is a good place to start.

ctzulu

Aug 20, 2013
bit.ly/ic-markets
when you enter tw you make a factory reset
thats clear
but what with this clear dalvik and restore boot option

here must be the troubleshooting solution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How would I go about flashing a new recovery? Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

boot phone into fastboot

boot phone into fastboot

Thanks so much. Now that I think about it I don't know for sure if I'm on the latest version of TWRP, so I'll try that.